The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

hyper threading

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
sr01
Major
Major
Version: FS9

hyper threading

Post by sr01 »

Anyone disabling hyper threading to increase frame rates ?
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Re: hyper threading

Post by btaylo24 »

Hello

On a side track to this question, I have discovered that by turning of HT the popping noise when recording with AISO drivers goes.
I was having big problems when recording MIDI keyboards, with lots of popping and cracking noise when recording. Turning off HT has stopped it.

Strange , but anyway throw it out there as a FYI
Barry
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Barry,

That's why I always use my Mac for recording sound and video, much better than any PC can supply plus the programs are better, but much more expensive also.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

Yeah I was thinking of running Cakewalk on MAC, but got spare PC... Really wished I had
Got some vsti than only support 32bit and some 32/64. Its a pain in the butt.

Have to keep music pc on XP and 32bit for full compatibility!

What music SW do you use?
Barry
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Barry,

I haven't used it in a while since moving house but I think its called Pro Tools HD 7.2, also a plug in called Auto-Tune 7 TDM but its rather complex over that of series 5 that I updated from so I'm yet to master it in any form, not that I've given it much time either. I believe it can even make Sher sing half decent using Evo Voice Processing. I use to use it for Piano and Flute recording to pick up timing errors but like I say, its been a while. :D