The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

about fs2004 on vista

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

about fs2004 on vista

Post by djnocturnal »

i am running fs2004 on vista and it plays just fine, the only problem i am having is that i can only play in full screen mode, if i try to play with the menu bar on the top, the screen freezes untill i change it back. i ran this on xp and it worked just fine.
windows is in 1680x1050 and so is fs, i tried to change the resolution in fs but still nothing, am i missing something?
Chrisb
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by Chrisb »

If it helps.
I use the FS9 on Vista and it works as it always did on XP, in all modes.
Chris
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

yeah i'm running it in xp mode but still same problem :(
PSP722419
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FS9

Post by PSP722419 »

I use to have a problem when I switched over to Vista from XP, everytime I started flight sim 2004 the screen would freeze, changing the graphics settings would only sort the problem until I changed view points or airports etc and would then lock up again.
A friend told me to right click on the FS9 icon and go to properties, go into the compatibility section and tick the 'Disable desktop composition'.
I no longer have any graphics problems with FS9
djnocturnal
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by djnocturnal »

PSP722419 wrote:I use to have a problem when I switched over to Vista from XP, everytime I started flight sim 2004 the screen would freeze, changing the graphics settings would only sort the problem until I changed view points or airports etc and would then lock up again.
A friend told me to right click on the FS9 icon and go to properties, go into the compatibility section and tick the 'Disable desktop composition'.
I no longer have any graphics problems with FS9
hey, thanks that seemed to work!