The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Following particular AI Aircraft

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Blank Fang
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Following particular AI Aircraft

Post by Blank Fang »

Is there a way to jump to a particular AI Aircraft. I normally use [CTRL]+[W] to toggle through all AI Planes in the vicinity. But if you are interested in a particular one this may prove cumbersome.
Also I feel FS resents too many switchings responding with CTD. :(

Thank you in advance.

Willy
flyboy
Major
Major
Version: MSFS

Post by flyboy »

USE:

Traffic Toolbox SDK: NEW 3/6/04

The Traffic Toolbox is a set of tools and utilities that allow you to view and customize the AI (“artificial intelligence” or computer-controlled) aircraft traffic in Flight Simulator. The tools in the toolbox include:

· Traffic Database Builder: Customize the types of aircraft and routes flown by AI pilots.
· Traffic Settings: Change the settings of the AI traffic system.
· Traffic Explorer: View a list of all nearby AI aircraft.
· Traffic Map: See the positions of AI aircraft on a map.
· Dump Airport List: Update the airport list used by the Traffic · · Database Builder.

Filelist:

· eula.rtf
· AircraftTypes.csv
· Airports.dat
· CustomAircraftTypes.csv
· CustomAirports.dat
· CustomRoutes.dat
· TrafficDatabaseBuilder.doc
· TrafficDatabaseBuilder.exe
· TrafficToolbox.dll
· TrafficToolbox.doc

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... _setup.exe

Let's you see all your AI aircraft...
Lead, Follow, or get the Hell out of the way!
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

I use Traffic View Board Version 2.1 which you can get at AVSIM. Very easy to use.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

I also use TVB, if you choose to use this make sure you also download all the updates.

Mark
Mark
Blank Fang
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Thank you

Post by Blank Fang »

Thanks for the hints. will look into the tools.
Downloading now
----
Willy
Blank Fang
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

TVB

Post by Blank Fang »

TVB looks like the tool of choice.
Thanks again
-----
Willy
drydocker
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by drydocker »

Only problem with TVB is u can't follow aircraft on vfr flights when they are landing.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

drydocker wrote:Only problem with TVB is u can't follow aircraft on vfr flights when they are landing.
You can it's just that you have to switch to another aircraft for a few seconds so that the one you are following will turn it's base leg. Once it's on the base leg, you can follow it again.

TVB will also drop off the aircraft once the watched aircraft gets too far away from where you loaded the sim up. Using the Explorer feature from the Traffic SDK lets you watch any aircraft for as long as you want, however you can only watch it in spot view. If you switch to any other view, it kicks back to whatever aircraft you are using at the time.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Col7777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Col7777 »

Mike,

I use both but I thought Traffic Tool Box only lets you watch the ai for around 80 miles then it kicks you back, that's what mine does, have I installed it wrong or is there an update.

One thing I have learnt reading the above posts is I never knew about following a VFR flight till it gets to base leg, thanks for that. :)
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

You may be correct, I use them both as well and get confused. It may have to do with the AI leaving the local AI area and disappearing like it is supposed to do.

Regarding the use of TVB: The AI engine treats TVB like a user aircraft or another AI aircraft. If the one you are watching is VFR, the traffic engine will not turn the VFR aircraft while it is in close proximity to another aircraft, in this case the invisible TVB. So you have to separate the two from one another long enough for the AI engine to turn the VFR aircraft onto its base leg. :wink:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Col7777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Col7777 »

Thanks Mike, I didn't know that. I looked at possibly reducing the radius on TVB as well, have you ever noticed sometimes the aircraft you are watching will suddenly stop taxiing or won't turn till you adjust your joystick?

So what I try to do now is watch it using the explorer then when it takes off switch to TVB, but then if I select to listen to the comms that awful message traffic alert telling the watched aircraft of your precence sometimes gets annoying then the times when ATC hand over to one controller then back again, then back again etc. When that happens I turn the volume down for a while to give it a rest.

Col.