The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AI Question

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
KPDX
Cadet
Cadet

AI Question

Post by KPDX »

Hi, I have a question, that is maybe kind of hard to explain. But here it goes.

I am trying to make my MAIW military ai traffic considered 'general aviation' so I can uncheck the 'airline' checkbox in the AI settings and only have military AI and general aviation planes flying around. How do I change the setting so its reads MAIW planes as general aviation? I'm assuming its somewhere in the aircraft.cfg of each aircraft, no?

Sorry if that sounds confusing, its kind of hard to explain. :lol:
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

I hope you are familiar with some files in FS9 (you did not write which version you use so I assume FS9 :wink: ).

IIRC leaving the entry
atc_airline=
empty (can be found in aircraft.cfg of the specific aircraft you want to change) means the aircraft is GA. Otherwise
atc_airline=Seagle
it is recognized as commercial traffic.

This is from my memory but I may be wrong here. Make a backup of the file before you make any changes :wink:
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

But doesn't that produce the callsign for the Military stuff?
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

VulcanDriver wrote:But doesn't that produce the callsign for the Military stuff?
Yes, it does.

But I don't know why someone would like to eliminate the commercial airlines from the sim. It would be easier moving all commercial airline traffic bgl's into a temporary folder before launching FS :roll: This way you can keep the callsigns for the military traffic.
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

That's what I would do. Luckily the PAI stuff is in one traffic file.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
KPDX
Cadet
Cadet

Post by KPDX »

sprocky wrote:
VulcanDriver wrote:But doesn't that produce the callsign for the Military stuff?
Yes, it does.

But I don't know why someone would like to eliminate the commercial airlines from the sim. It would be easier moving all commercial airline traffic bgl's into a temporary folder before launching FS :roll: This way you can keep the callsigns for the military traffic.
Yea, I already did that. Dont know why I didn't think of doing that before....Thanks anyways!
Col7777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Col7777 »

Another way but it would involve a bit of work, go in to every flight plan and change the % in the military to something like 10% then in the airliners change that to something like 50%, then as you launch the sim alter the sliders to your preference.

Or put the military.bgl in a folder in the addon scenery folder naming it 'military' then put the airliners.bgl in a folder in there too naming it 'airliners' then enable one and disable the other which ever is your preference, this way means restarting the sim again.

Or have 2 installations of FS, a lot do that for having different eras, they fly modern in one and classic in another.
Last edited by Col7777 on 05 Jan 2009, 20:57, edited 1 time in total.
Col7777
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Col7777 »

Ooops! Double post, sorry.