The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Back to the future??

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by Ford Friendly »

Relax? Right - points to mirror as I continue to "contribute to the discussion" rather than snipe.

avsim numbers as of 2 minutes ago.
FSX downloads available.
426 "original aircraft"
3751 repaints, textures and modifications
43 ai aircraft
62 flightplans
38 gauges
102 helo's
110 missions
90 panels
2755 scenery
65 scenery design
56 sounds
141 utilities
224 miscelleaneous files
3 files under FSX category itself
----------
7869 total

None of that prevents anyone from using 50% or more of the scenery, aircraft and ai aircraft available as FS2004 downloads.

Yeah, FSX is definitely something to stay away from because "'I' can't run it with all sliders to the right like I can in FS9" --- something MS itself says FSX was not designed to do with today's technology.

Oh wait. I need to go chill. Please excuse me while I go take a cold shower.
Why waste 'trons for a snappy signature when I can use this?
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

The original intent of posting his comments was to promote a discussion on why people are abandoning FSX for the familiar confines of FS9. Not to make this a FSX is better than FS9 because......thread.

I personally find it very interesting that people who have installed FSX and tried to work with it, especially from a scenery developer's perspective, are just plain giving up on it and going back to FS9.

But as usual, one bad apple spoils the whole lot, thanks. :roll:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log