The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Kadena F-15 paints??

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Kadena F-15 paints??

Post by MIKE JG »

Did anyone ever make textures for John's F-15 models for the Kadena units??
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
C-130H
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Re: Kadena F-15 paints??

Post by C-130H »

Hey Mike JG,
I got my "ZZ" textures from Marks page, he has a few textures on his page. Here is the link to his page. http://marksfsrepaints.jimdo.com/ai-paints-usaf/
Place enough force behind a brick and it will fly!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

they not for John's F-15's ?
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

No, these textures are for Nick Black's model, not for the John Young's one.
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

There's been a pretty big shake up of F-15's since the last project came out. There's only 212 C's and 23 D's in the entire fleet and they seem to be 78-86 model years now. I wonder if John would add an ACA or sniper pod version?
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Possibly, if there's room on the texture sheet. Could you post or PM a photo of the ACA and sniper pod versions you are after please? Just so I have something to work with for what you have in mind. Which model(s) are they mounted on?

John
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

Sniper pod AN/AAQ-33 on F-15C quarter of the way down the page on the 104th A/C http://www.jetwashaviationphotos.com/Pa ... P2016.aspx
as seen on a Mudhen http://www.f-15e.info/technology/avioni ... sniper.htm

The ACA config is AIM 120 on the outside pylon, AIM 9 on the inside with two drop tanks. One set of AIM 120's on the front of the belly. I think at some point the ACA aircraft will have the sniper pod installed. http://www.flickr.com/photos/mike0131/26246999991/

On stateside training flights, the inert AIM 120's don't have fins If your feeling really adventurous. http://www.ang.af.mil/shared/media/phot ... 31-259.jpg

I don't think the D model will ever see the sniper pod, or be used for the ACA mission. Thanks for considering any of these additions.
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks for that. I think I'm getting closer to what's wanted, but just to test my understanding of the load-out:

F-15C:

Right wing outter - ACA pod
Right wing inner - AIM-9

Left wing outter: AIM-120 (no fins)
Left wing inner: AIM-9

Forward belly left and right: AIM-120 (no fins)

Centre line: Sniper Pod

2 fuel tanks

Is that what you had in mind please? Could you tell me also what unit paint scheme you would like and is this for FS9 or FSX (I'll probably do both).

John
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

In that case don't forget about the TALON HATE pod:

https://www.google.com/search?q=f-15+ta ... 8__7H0M%3A
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

ACA is aerospace control alert. The carry four AMRAAM's, two AIM 9's and Two drop tanks. At some point the pod will be installed where the centerline station is. http://kenmiddleton.net/real_aviation/F ... C_3491.jpg

Here is the Sniper pod on a training mission with inert amraams. https://www.flickr.com/photos/34948319@N03/30492293065/

Here's how the inert missiles are configured from above. https://www.flickr.com/photos/34948319@ ... otostream/
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I'm getting more confused now. Are we talking about 3 new models - with and without the Sniper Pod and a TALON HATE pod model? I'm not sure about the latter - it's not in service yet.

I've labelled up the stations on the F-15C. Could you tell me for each proposed model what you want to load on each of them please (distinguish fins from no fins):

If you could tell me what Squadron paint you want, that would be useful too. I'm not going to do the flight plans and any required AFCAD. Are you able to do those please?

John
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

The ACA config is AMRAAM(1,3,6,9) AIM-9 (2,8) two drop tanks and Sniper pod #5 but not all aircraft have been fitted yet.
The state side daily training is inert, finless AMRAAM(1,9) Inert AIM-9 (2,8) tanks or no tanks and Sniper pod or no pod on 5.
My preference is the 104th FW. There's an outdated AFCAD from an MAIW pack and I can whip up some plans.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That's fine Joe - so we want 2 models - ACA and Daily Training. I presume the 104th FW does both missions.
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

ACA and daily training would be great. These missions are undertaken by all five ANG wings that still fly the F-15. If I could push my luck and get a clean aircraft with no hard points It would be appreciated. Otherwise, I'll be thrilled with the two.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Ok, so I've made the Sniper Pod and fitted it with the ACA load-out as specified:

The daily training load will be the same, except for the AIM-120's on stations 3 and 6 and the missiles will be fin-less and inert. I'll also make with and without Sniper pods versions.

What isn't specified, but seems to be carried on 104th FW F-15Cs, is this on station 2:

Is this called a ACMI pod and would it only be carried in the daily training load-out State-side? It is part of the drill load on Lakenheath F-15Cs.

I've painted one example so far of a 131st FS/104th FW F-15C:

I think what I want to do is make stand alone packages (FS9 and FSX) for the 131st FS with the revised models. They operate 20 F-15Cs plus 2 F-5Ds that I will also include with the daily training load-out but no Sniper pod. Brent has kindly given me the serial numbers.

So, for the F-15C, I'm planning 5 models and 20 paints :

ACA - with Sniper pod
ACA - without Sniper pod
DT - with Sniper pod
DT - without Sniper pod
Clean with no pylons and no tanks

If you could just OK that and clarify the position with the ACMI pod, before I start on the LODs, that would be great.

John
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

To save yourself a minute or two 85-134 is the only D model with the unit. You are correct about the ACMI pod on station two. The plane looks amazing!
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

I take full responsibility for making more work for John.......

/ducks for cover
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

ahs06 wrote:To save yourself a minute or two 85-134 is the only D model with the unit.
Did 85-0133 get retired? There are photos of it still active through the middle of the year.
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

I think it was moved to another unit, possibly 144 FW.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Not at all Mike. It's a small exercise to do on the run up to Christmas. I'm going to try slime lights this time, so it's a useful opportunity.

John