The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Kadena F-15 paints??

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Re: Kadena F-15 paints??

Post by MIKE JG »

LOL! Now if I could just talk someone else into doing the Kadena textures! Paints are not my strong suit.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Two questions on the F-15C amended models please:

- are ACA aircraft likely to have intake covers and ribbons in place? I think RAF QRA Typhoons don't, but they are in shelters.

- I'd like call signs for the 131st Fighter Squadron (104th FW). There's a number to choose from, but I think "Motley", "Cannon" and "Bud" are in the mix. We might have these in another package, but if not, could I possibly impose on Stewart to make them please (FS9 and FSX)?

John
ahs06
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

Post by ahs06 »

ACA aircraft have flags, not so sure about intake covers. Not a lot of images in the alert hangars.
Call signs
ACA: Slam
Training: Rage, Killer
XC: Hawk. Made by maiw.
There's a few others online but they're only used for maintenance flights or check rides.
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No, I couldn't find a photo to tell me either. Not to worry though, I'll delete them I think - it will help identify the aircraft as ACA rather than just the load-out and it will also give some variety.

I'm glad Steve prompted me to use a lightmap to make slime lights. First time I've done that for real and I'm really pleased with the result.

I need to split the 20 paints (excluding the single "D" model", between ACA and DT because the texture sheets are different (live and inert weapons). I'll do 6 ACA and 14 DT, unless otherwise advised.

We need to obtain the Slam, Rage and Killer call signs. I'm sure I've seen some of those in existing packages.

John
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

Hey John, I know it's not the right unit, but... It's an armed F-15 alert scramble exercise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksy1Uya5G0s

The only thing I saw were the landing gear pins, everything else was off the airplane.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

That's very helpful Brent. I'm not sure I can see the intake covers anywhere in the shelter, so I bet they were never on the aircraft in the first place. I kept a copy of the ACA models with the covers in place, before I removed them, so I can switch back very quickly if we discover otherwise.
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

I have Slam, Hawk, and Killer in my MAIW voice pack folder. The only one I didn't see was Rage. I don't think the Alert aircraft have intake plugs. It would just be one more thing to pull of and the aircraft are kept in climate controlled hangars when not in use. I would recommend using the 80's aircraft for the ACA model since the older airframes are being phased out.
"No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind"-C Ritzer
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes indeed, luckily I thought about using the later numbers for ACA before I did the paints.

All 21 aircraft of 131st FS/104 FW are done for FS9. Here's 12 of them on my test flight line (single "D" model nearest):

ACA model (with and without the Sniper Pod):

Sniper Pod on the centre line station:

Daily Training (Drill) fit - with and without the Sniper Pod):

Clean:

Slime lights:

I'm going to PM you a link to the 21 aircraft next. It would be good if you could set up the AFCAD and make the flight plans, while I get on with the FSX models and textures.

Just going back to the start of this thread, could someone clarify what is needed for Kadena in the way of re-paints and whether this is for my models or not please?

John
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I know this is a bit old thread, but was those 131st FS paints ever released anywhere?
ahs06
Captain
Captain

Post by ahs06 »

I owe John an AFCAD for KBAF. Unfortunately, my computer died while I was working on it. Had to upgrade to fsx steam and real life has gotten in the way since then. If someone else has some free time, the AFCAD is the only thing holding it up.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

MIKE JG wrote: 15 Dec 2016, 16:02 LOL! Now if I could just talk someone else into doing the Kadena textures! Paints are not my strong suit.

Zombie thread!