The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Question about NASA repaint for Nick Black's F-15B/D

Here you can search for, request or display your military AI repaints for others to enjoy.
MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Question about NASA repaint for Nick Black's F-15B/D

Post by MikeyW »

This is actually a question for anybody. I'm trying to do a NASA repaint of Nick Black's F-15B/D (#836), and I wanted it to be clean (no tanks or armorment), but there doesn't seem to be an avaliable model for the two seater. The only one I can see is one with a centerline tank. That's OK, but it also has empty wing pylons, which I'd rather not have. So I was wondering if someone could tell me the trick used to paint the parts of the model with a color that will make those parts invisible in flightsim. If anyone knows, could they tell me how to do it?

Also, Nick's model is awesome, but painting a stripe down the side at the rear is really difficult. The stripe tends to stretch up and down unexpectedly, making it an interesting experience. Nick, if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. BTW, thanks for a great model!

Thanks,

MikeyW
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

something to do with the alpha channel I believe.
I thought it was posted at this site...time to search.

Edit:...Here ya go.

http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... =invisible
Kevin Jarvis

MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

Outstanding!

Thanks!!!