The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

US Tanker and Transport relocations.

Have a story, topic or report on what's really happening in the world's militaries? Talk about it here.
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

US Tanker and Transport relocations.

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

New TFI Units Announced
The Air Force recently announced plans whereby Active, Guard, and Reserve units in the tanker and airlift roles will be forming hybrid units. The five new mixed-force units will be:

Active and Reserve KC-135 unit to be stationed at MacDill AFB
Active and Reserve KC-135 unit to be stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB
Reserve and Guard KC-135 unit to be stationed at Tinker AFB
Active and Reserve C-130 unit to be stationed at Pope AFB
Reserve and Guard C-130 unit to be stationed at Niagara Falls Air Reserve Station
The new units are part of the Air Force's Total Force Integration plan.

Looks like a prime setup for some AI traffic sets. :D
GZR_SACTARGETS
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Do you know which units will be at RAF Mildenhall? I guess they will be on a rotation basis?

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

Hi John,

Is the 100th ARW moving? They have been at the "Hall" for years.

Stew
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
delbydoo
Colonel
Colonel

Post by delbydoo »

Oh Lordy........gonna have to play with the traffic files again!!
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Stewart Pearson wrote:Hi John,

Is the 100th ARW moving? They have been at the "Hall" for years.

Stew
Just wondering how the new USAF hybrid units will affect the 'Hall'. I guess we will see a greater variation of tanker units there?

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
GZR_Sactargets
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by GZR_Sactargets »

I am sure the details will be forthcoming. For an old retired fart like me this is somewhat interesting. We tried consolidation back in WW2 and it wound up creating some real problems. That was particularly true when the fighter, transport and bomber units got rolled into some sort of 'support' group. We also tried it in Korea and they went even further and directly assigned air support to geographic areas. (And of course, you could not cross into someone else's territory without all the right paperwork) :twisted: As a result, some sit on their ass and wait and others can't meet all the tasks. What is that old saying, "Those that don't learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them?" The 'new' approach that is killing me is that what used to be SAC is now headquartered at Barksdale AFB-that used to be Second AF. Essentially Air Combat Command is now some kind of supporting HQ. Makes all the old SAC troops want to cry.
GZR_SACTARGETS
Don H
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: P3D

Post by Don H »

Not making us old TAC boys very happy, either, lol.
Don H
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I felt the same when the RAF was "forced" to combine Bomber Command and Fighter Command into Strike Command.

There is a lot of history (and for us Brits) pride in these two commands, especially Fighter Command who saved us from Nazi invasion in the Battle of Britain.

John
John