The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAS Corpus Christi KNGP by Jim Dhaenens

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain
Version: P3D

NAS Corpus Christi KNGP by Jim Dhaenens

Post by Ripcord »

Jim was cool enough to give me the greenlight on this. I wanted to add parking to Jim's great KNGP scenery, and tag the parking for MAIW parking codes. So here it is. Go easy on me, I'm still pretty new at this. Obviously you want to use Jim's scenery in your addon scenery folder and replace his ADEX bgl file with this one.

The one thing I want to comment on here is this -- the AI wants to take off on 31R / 13L, which is the shorter of the two parallel runways. But there is no holdshort line for 13L, you have to taxi onto another perpendicular runway, which is 04/22, in order to get to the starting position for 13L. Take a look at the airfield in Google Earth or Google Maps and you will see what I mean. So the AI kinda stops at the hold short line for runway 04/22 and ultimately it disappears. Works great if 31R is in use as active runway, no problems there. But I wondered if there is a work-around solution here, so I am checking over at FS Developer (hoping Scruffy Duck will suggest something), and here as well. If you got any ideas, I like to hear them.

Regards,

Ripcord
Attachments
KNGP_ADEX_JimD_MAIW.BGL
(35.93 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Re: NAS Corpus Christi KNGP by Jim Dhaenens

Post by Victory103 »

Nice job Ripcord, downloading now. Regarding the runway issue, 13/31 are the primaries there as the majority of approaches are to those runways, but you can do the multiple crosswind runway trick.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Victory103 wrote:Nice job Ripcord, downloading now. Regarding the runway issue, 13/31 are the primaries there as the majority of approaches are to those runways, but you can do the multiple crosswind runway trick.
Thanks for the kind words. Tell me what you mean here with the multiple crosswind runway trick. I don't understand who this would solve the holding-short problem, but that is because I'm not sure what this trick is and does. So I am interested -- I'll search for it.

Edit: I found the crosswind runway tutorial by Jim Vile... thanks for this. I quickly skimmed thru it and so far it is not clear how this might affect the willingness of AI aircraft to use a secondary runway as a taxi way.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Ripcord, finally got around to testing your updated AFD file for NGP. I too noticed the timeout on taxiway Y, I was doing TNG's on 13R and a C-130 taxied, stopped, and ultimately disappeared.

I also noticed the fuel parking, I had a CBP P-3 parked with the fuel trucks. Thanks again for the update, all my Turboweenies and King Airs are where they are supposed to be.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Victory, thanks for testing and thanks even more for the constructive pointers. I am still learning this.

I do not yet know how to solve the timeout on taxiway Y.

What do you recommend for fuel parking? That might be an easy fix.

Ripcord
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

I see you have the vehicle paths for the fuel trucks, I will probably just delete that spot since there seems to be plenty of parking for the CBP. I watched one of the CBP MQ-1's land as well, not sure where it parked. I would like to get the seawall active with HM-15 (using the non-AI R. Kelly MH-53).

TW-4 just got their first 2 T-6B's, so might need another update later on.

EDIT: Nevermind, HM-15 moved to NS Norfolk, VA.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Victory103 wrote:EDIT: Nevermind, HM-15 moved to NS Norfolk, VA.
Yep, it turns out my old buddy/shipmate was the command master chief there right before they moved.

So just delete the refuel parking spot?
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Thanks for the confirmation, I need to see what USCG airframes are there. Yes I'm just going to delete that one spot in the fuel pits.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
eli
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Post by eli »

Has anyone added parking spots for the USCG aircraft out on the seawall near the Coast Guard hangar?

Tom E.
Holy Cheese
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Holy Cheese »

Hi Ripcord,

just wondering if you ever found a solution to the hold short problem on taxiway Y?

Very nice work on this by the way :D

Cheers
Jack
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Jack sorry I missed this post -- no I have not looked at it further. Perhaps the answer is to just disable the short runway completely (make it a taxiway?) and make them all use the longer runways. I will experiment a bit with that.
Ripcord
Captain
Captain

Post by Ripcord »

Fixed and Tested -- AI taxis now using several taxiways.

Thanks Jack for the nudge and the testing.
Attachments
KNGP_ADEX_JimD_MAIW_2013.BGL
(36.28 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

No thank you Ripcord for continuing to find a fix for this, I had given up as well.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris