The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

AIFP - unused airports/aircraft

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
cnoblesd01

AIFP - unused airports/aircraft

Post by cnoblesd01 »

Morning all,

Having a hopefully small issue converting traffic to FSX. I had done this before, without errors (following the Martin Gossmann guide - well done btw) but had some other issues with scenery so started again from scratch. Now I get the following errors in almost every BGL file:

Example conversion reports:

C:\MAIW\Traffic Converted\Traffic_MAIW_Offutt AFB_FSX.bgl (contained unused airports/aircraft which were not processed)
C:\MAIW\Traffic Converted\Traffic_MAIW_Offutt AFB_E4s_FSX.bgl

C:\MAIW\vFS9\scenery\World\Scenery\Traffic_MAIW_IDF_Ben_Gurion.bgl (contained unused airports/aircraft)

The result is no traffic in FSX.

Thanks in advanced for any assistance!
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Re: AIFP - unused airports/aircraft

Post by campbeme »

When you say started from scratch, what did you actually do?
Mark
cnoblesd01

Post by cnoblesd01 »

From scratch: Re-installed FSX. I just built a new rig so figured I'd give MAIW another go around - love the work, but FS9 doesn't do it for me. In fact, with P3D v2 out, as soon as VRS works in P3D I may dump FSX altogether unless I find MAIW to hold FSX alive.

The scenery seems to work and I can see the MAIW objects in the parking spots but haven't seen any traffic.

incidentally, I'm duplicating the effort with my P3D v2 install - no joy traffic or scenery. Although at KLUF I can see the F-16s on the tarmac, but no buildings... Airports themselves seem to work (modified runways/taxis are witnessed) but removes the stock buildings and no replacement with custom buildings as seen @ KNUW (FSX).

In FSX, I see planes and buildings @ KNUW. Only planes @ KLUF. No traffic seen as yet. (set traffic @ 75% for testing)

In P3D, I see parked planes @ KNUW and KLUF, but no buildings @ either station nor traffic witnessed as yet.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

I have to apologise but I just do not understand you, you say you see planes but no traffic...I'm not sure I know the difference. If you have planes then that's your traffic, just remember Saturday and Sunday not much happens.

As for your P3D V2 problem of no scenery buildings, that is correct FS9 scenery objects are not recognised by P3D V2. So they will not show up in FS9 format.
Mark
cnoblesd01

Post by cnoblesd01 »

campbeme wrote:...I just do not understand you....
I get that rather often ;-) Usually when I ask the significant other for a buy approval.

campbeme wrote:...you say you see planes but no traffic...I'm not sure I know the difference. If you have planes then that's your traffic, just remember Saturday and Sunday not much happens..
Ah! So I invented the "Way-forward-machine" and it became Tuesday (as a matter of principle, I skipped Monday) and indeed the Luke F-16's were doing their Touch & Go's! I had figured the planes in parking spots were "static" scenery...

campbeme wrote:As for your P3D V2 problem of no scenery buildings, that is correct FS9 scenery objects are not recognised by P3D V2. So they will not show up in FS9 format.
So that's fine, I can live without or find P3D compatible scenery. Is it safe to assume that I can just use the "objects" and traffic files in P3D without scenery and I should be okay? And to that point, I tried to fly Tuesday @ the same time in P3D but no movements; however, the AI planes were observable on the ground.

I have to comment that MAIW is some fine looking work; outstanding actually. I'm really appreciative of all the efforts that have gone into it.
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

cnoblesd01 wrote:
campbeme wrote:...I just do not understand you....
I get that rather often ;-) Usually when I ask the significant other for a buy approval.

campbeme wrote:...you say you see planes but no traffic...I'm not sure I know the difference. If you have planes then that's your traffic, just remember Saturday and Sunday not much happens..
Ah! So I invented the "Way-forward-machine" and it became Tuesday (as a matter of principle, I skipped Monday) and indeed the Luke F-16's were doing their Touch & Go's! I had figured the planes in parking spots were "static" scenery...

campbeme wrote:As for your P3D V2 problem of no scenery buildings, that is correct FS9 scenery objects are not recognised by P3D V2. So they will not show up in FS9 format.
So that's fine, I can live without or find P3D compatible scenery. Is it safe to assume that I can just use the "objects" and traffic files in P3D without scenery and I should be okay? And to that point, I tried to fly Tuesday @ the same time in P3D but no movements; however, the AI planes were observable on the ground.

I have to comment that MAIW is some fine looking work; outstanding actually. I'm really appreciative of all the efforts that have gone into it.
We hardly ever use static planes so what you see will fly eventually over the week. I would check your install on Luke AFB as the scenery should show up in FSX.

Yes the AI aircraft will all be fine in P3D V2, just make sure you convert the traffic file to FSX format. At present though our scenery will not work in it.
Mark