The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Williamtown Hornets package - flashing effect from building

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
teeboy
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Williamtown Hornets package - flashing effect from building

Post by teeboy »

Have installed the Williamtown Hornets package and found a random 'flashing'/strobing grey line effect coming from a building roof in what looks like the centre of the military field. I am assuming it is an effect that is not supported by FSX, anyone any ideas? Otherwise the scenery works very well (FS9 transparency excepted on the trees and some fences).
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Re: Williamtown Hornets package - flashing effect from building

Post by campbeme »

teeboy wrote:Have installed the Williamtown Hornets package and found a random 'flashing'/strobing grey line effect coming from a building roof in what looks like the centre of the military field. I am assuming it is an effect that is not supported by FSX, anyone any ideas? Otherwise the scenery works very well (FS9 transparency excepted on the trees and some fences).
Your correct the steam effect is not compatable with FSX.
Mark
teeboy
Cadet
Cadet

Post by teeboy »

Thanks Mark. I'll get rid of that fx file then.
teeboy
Cadet
Cadet

Post by teeboy »

Decided to be clever and deleted the fx_YWLM_Building_Smoke file then renamed a copy of the existing FSX fx_steam_small file as the same 'YWLM' item. Hey presto - no flashing and some steam from a chimney! Thank you Mark :lol:
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

:smt023
Mark