The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

P3Dv4 - Load flight results in "Are you sure you want to exit P3D?"

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

P3Dv4 - Load flight results in "Are you sure you want to exit P3D?"

Post by gsnde »

While my P3Dv4 setup is coming together very nicely (not counting the yet sparse AI skies) I noticed a strange error when I tried to load a flight. P3D asked if I really wanted to exit Prepare3D. The answer 'Yes' quit the application while 'No' resulted in a screwed up default flight with the exit dialog still open.

I googled the error and found few instances where it was discussed quiet esotericaly. Since I did not believe that a USB devices or having a second monitor was causing this I removed my AI aircraft folder. The error was immediately gone. Then moving half the aircraft back so long until the error was back.

To make it short.... what was offending P3D was that one [flight.x] section was having two atc_id entries and another [flight.x] section was having two title entries.
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Re: P3Dv4 - Load flight results in "Are you sure you want to exit P3D?"

Post by thetford569 »

Wow....thanks for the tip in case I ever run across that. An error like that would be tough to track down. I will try to remember this!

Brandon