The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Previews, discussions and support for projects by John Young.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: JYAI P-8 Poseidon and B-737 AEW&C

Post by John Young »

I just need to finalise John B's contributions for RAAF Edinburgh (Poseidons) and Williamstown (Wedgetails). John has sent me an AFCAD for Williamstown to replace that in the existing MAIW RAAF bases package and I was just testing it as Reggie's message came in. John has only to tweak his AFCAD in his own Edinburgh package and I think that's good to go too, although I haven't seen the content yet and of course I haven't tested it in FSX.

The bit that's missing from both RAAF bases are the flight plans. I don't know enough about RAAF operations to know where to send the aircraft. Unless anyone would like to take these plans on, I'll get by for now with some simple local circuit plans that at least provide movement at the two bases.

John
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Hi John I'll send you the YPED stuff that I've got so far for you to test. As ARDU is located there I've asked Mark (Tranquil) to do repaints for the three aircraft that currently are missing from MAIW packages.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thanks John.

I've just set the RAAF Wedgetails up at Williamstown and watched them flying circuits. All is working well in FS9 (yet to test in FSX):

That should now enable me to package up the Wedgetails in the next day or two and check everything through, before uploading.

John
navychief88
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by navychief88 »

Did a google earth search to see what these RAAF bases looked like and when I searched for Williamstown it kept taking me to Melbourne, where there is a Williamstown but no airbase. After a few more searches the base is RAAF Williamtown, which is north of Sydney.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Thank you. Just in time for the manual.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

John Young wrote:Thanks John.

I've just set the RAAF Wedgetails up at Williamstown and watched them flying circuits. All is working well in FS9 (yet to test in FSX):

That should now enable me to package up the Wedgetails in the next day or two and check everything through, before uploading.

John
Glad you like it.

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Just finished testing Williamtown in FSX. Works very well in that sim too.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

All done for the Wedgetails I think and FS9 and FSX packages have been sent to the Download Hangar along with a paint kit.

Just to recap, each package contains 6 Wedgetails of the Royal Australian Air Force, 4 of the Republic of Korea Air Force and 4 of the Turkish Air Force. That's the complete population of Wedgetails as far as I know.

A completely new scenery of Konya (LTAN) and Ranges (Turkey) by Gary Barker is included, which is a "must" in it's own right and will be enhanced further by Gary with additional aircraft. Files to enable the RAAF and ROK aircraft to operate from Gimhae and Williamtown existing scenery, courtesy of Mins and John Burtenshaw are also included. Call signs in FS9 and FSX format included with thanks to Stewart Pearson.

The two files are called: JYAI_Wedgetails_FS9_1.zip and JYAI_Wedgetails_FSX_1.zip. A separate paint kit is in Paint Kit JYAI Wedgetails.zip.

I'll get the Poseidons out as soon as I have the last component of the package from John B and I've finished the assembly and checks.

John
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I can't keep up... :D
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Nah, been dragging my feet on this one LOL. Actually, I see that I opened the first Gmax file for the Wedgetail on the 19 August, so 4 months is a ridiculously long time scale for me. In truth though, I wanted to get Gary's Konya scenery component out before Christmas. He's made a great job of it.

John
Garysb
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Garysb »

I had some help from Tony Dalton as well so not 100% mine

Gary
I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 -
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

I have a question about the RAAF callsigns. For the planes they all have the callsign OUTBACK, but there are 4 others in the callsign folder. AUSSIE, MAGPIE, MITCHELL, and WEDGETAIL. What are the other ones for?
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

They are all call signs used by 2 Sqn. You can swap them out in the aircraft.cfg file if you wish.
andypoppens
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Post by andypoppens »

Any update on the p-8 John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Yes indeed, I now have the last scenery element thanks to John B. Just waiting on a texture revision on one object in it and the completion of 3 aircraft repaints of non-P8 aircraft that appear in the scenery.The documentation and packaging is almost done, bar those last changes.

John
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Almost done yet John
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

No amount of nagging will get the P8s out faster. I've done all I can do myself at the moment and I'll get the package out when everyone has the time to spend finishing off the bits they are contributing. It's a hobby and life outside of MSFS often takes a bigger priority. I think most people here understand that.

John
andypoppens
Captain
Captain

Post by andypoppens »

Okay John I promise I won't nag anymore it's just I'm a very impatient person
miljan
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by miljan »

Once a hobby become obligation you start losing it.
VIVA LA VIDA
COA732
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by COA732 »

miljan wrote:Once a hobby become obligation you start losing it.
...or you can look at it as people really liking your material. I always thought of it as a compliment when people are overly interested in your work. Nagging is part of the game when your stuff is good unfortunately.
Jamie