The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Some observations

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
jcop
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Some observations

Post by jcop »

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the Matrix, I really like this project.
I only have installed the Africa region for the moment.

Please take below not as criticism, just want to point your attention to below error list I received from Prepar3D, since I have the "debugging" activated so I have a report after each change of what is "wrong" according to the sim.

I have altered all the fx files and if you're interested can add them so you can update the original setup.

Also it seems that the mirages aren't installed, but the flightplans are, have I missed something?

Anyway again a big thank you and looking forward to all the rest of this project.

Code: Select all

[error.0]
error=Found Duplicate Key Name
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_aiafterburner_trdm29.fx
 Section:ParticleAttributes.9
 Key:FPS

[error.1]
error=Duplicate Section Name
File: D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_aismoke_trd.fx
Section: Emitter.1

[error.2]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_aismoke_trd.fx
 Section:Particle.1
 Key:Z Scale

[error.3]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_aismoke_trd.fx
 Section:ParticleAttributes.2
 Key:Color Start

[error.4]
error=Key values exist outside of a section: 
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_egxcasp.fx
 Key:Library Effect]

[error.5]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_egxcasp.fx
 Key:Lifetime

[error.6]
 Key:Version

[error.7]
 Key:Display Name

[error.8]
 Key:Radius

[error.9]
 Key:Priority

[error.10]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_htai_f16_ab_p3d.fx
 Section:Particle.22

[error.11]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_jy_apronlight.fx

[error.12]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_jy_apronlight.fx

[error.13]

[error.14]

[error.15]

[error.16]

[error.17]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_jy_haslight1.fx

[error.18]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_jy_haslight1.fx

[error.19]

[error.20]

[error.21]

[error.22]

[error.23]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_nicksmokeai_747.fx
 Section:Emitter.2
 Key:Drag

[error.24]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_nicksmokeai_747.fx

[error.25]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_nicksmokeai_lrglear-md-7x.fx

[error.26]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_nicksmokeai_nbai_b1b.fx

[error.27]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_nicksmokeai_nbai_b1b.fx

[error.28]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_nicksmokeai_nbai_jaguar.fx

[error.29]
 File:D:\P3D4_AO\SimObjects\MAIW\Military AI Works\MAIW_GLOBAL\MAIW_GLOBAL_EFFECTS\fx_nicksmokeai_nbai_jaguar.fx

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Some observations

Post by Greg »

Thanks. All the effects are as provided by the modelers so I'm a bit reluctant to fiddle with them. Maybe John can comment on the errors in his effects?

The flightplans are the original flightplans, with all aircraft included even if the model wasn't converted yet. This is the easiest way for me to update the regions since I can just drop the models in if and when they are converted. Since P3D will ignore the plans, the only way you'll notice it is when you run a tool that looks for missing aircraft.

I'm going to start a FAQ somewhere because I think this questions is going to pop up again sooner or later.
jcop
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jcop »

FAQ seems a good idea, concerning the fx errors, it's not a big deal cause the log tells you exact what is wrong, doubt even that most simmers will bother with them cause they aren't visible except for the one who are missing the "[" before the section name.
but again really love the idea of this whole matrix tool, cause there's so much potential that could be accomplished with it, I really like the just click and forget point.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Glad you like it.

My first priority right now is releasing all regions in Matrix with all the official MAIW packages. But from there, there's no limit on what can be achieved if developers want to join forces.