The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW French C-130 & C-160 package

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

MAIW French C-130 & C-160 package

Post by VulcanDriver »

Just installed this package and I always thought it came with scenery? I can't see any LFOE LFSF, I do see some buildings at LFOJ but not what I'd say is to MAIW standards. Does anyone know of good freeware scenery for these bases?

TIA
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: MAIW French C-130 & C-160 package

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

Do you respect the installation procedure for the scenery, inclued in the readme file ?
Step 4) Install Custom Scenery

Included in this package is a set of buildings as custom scenery to spruce up the airports. It should be noted that not installing the scenery will not detract from your enjoyment or use of this package however. To install this scenery you need to do the following:

1) The folders “MAIW French AB Scenery”, “MAIW World Airbases Scenery” and “MAIW Scenery Library Objects” have already been installed into the “Addon Scenery” folder of your FS directory. In order to activate this scenery you must start FS9, go to Settings and find the Scenery Library.

2) Click on “ADD AREA” and navigate to the ““MAIW French AB Scenery”, “MAIW World Airbases Scenery” and “MAIW Scenery Library Objects” folders which should be, by default after installation, located in “Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery”. ***Note it is important that you place the “MAIW Scenery Library Objects” folder as far down your addon scenery list as possible by using the Move Down button. Ideally they should be lower than any other scenery you may have added and just above the default FS9 scenery libraries.

3) Shut down FS and then when you restart the scenery will be installed and ready to use.

*** Please Note *** - The scenery enhancements included with this package are created from the MAIW Scenery Libraries, which are a collection of objects that can be used to enhance default FS airports. This scenery is not intended to be accurate, but instead to be a representation of the buildings situated at each base.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Yep, I put all MAIW scenery in one folder with the MAIW Scenery Libraries and MAIW land class in folders below the scenery folder. This works on all other packages except this package. Most strange. However with this package I'll reinstall it as in the readme. Hopefully this cure the problem.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Well I reinstalled the scenery as laid out in the readme and it worked. Never seen that before. Also does anyone know where French A400Ms of ET01.061 are based?
John

Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

VulcanDriver wrote:Also does anyone know where French A400Ms of ET01.061 are based?
Orléans/Bricy (LFOJ)