The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

FSX Runtime Error in scenery

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

FSX Runtime Error in scenery

Post by jetrange »

Good evening,

Recently, I tried to test the new FSX Hyakuri Aero scenery, and after a minute after it loaded, the runtime error message popped up and I was forced to close the sim. This also happened when I loaded the new Camp Pendleton scenery. Just so you know, i'm running FSX with Acceleration on Windows 10. Is there anything I can do about this?

Thank you,

jetrange
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: FSX Runtime Error in scenery

Post by Firebird »

Was this just loading the scenery or with AI aircraft there as well?

The ideal way to check is to move all traffic files to a non-active folder. The error you get is is normally due to an effect files and as far as I know there are no effect files for those sceneries.

You haven't added any effect files to the aircraft based at those places have you?
Steve
jetrange
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by jetrange »

This error comes up just about a minute after FSX is done loading. There may have been effect files with the old RJAH scenery and there were no issues when that version was installed.
clickclickdoh
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by clickclickdoh »

I assume that the error you are getting is the ubiquitous C++ Runtime error?

If so, a great many things can cause that including duplicate ADE files, badly programmed custom gauges, botched effect files, trying to run FSX on too high setting for your system and... Microsoft just being bad at programming. For example, I get the error and a crash to desktop any time I try to fly in FSX with anything but the default weather. Why? Because Microsoft.

The quick and dirty cure for it is to delete the FSX.cfg file and let FSX recompile it next time you load. This will take care of the problem most of the time. Don't ask. Microsoft is terrible at programming. But, before you do that, try loading MCAS Pendleton with the light pole and power pole .bgl removed. Those street lights have a splash effect that might be bugging you out.