The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

The Twins AI traffic help

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: The Twins AI traffic help

Post by John Young »

Oh yes there most definitely are, because I copied and pasted the aircraft and traffic files names from the zip I downloaded again yesterday into my post above.

When you said in your post of the 22nd Feb that "I just put their traffic files in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery and they don't show up" where did that file come from if it wasn't in the zip?

What is the file name of the download you have for Bentwaters and Woodbridge (Twin Bases)? Did you try and install manually or did you use the auto-install option?

You also need to tell us what default traffic file you have deleted that we asked about earlier.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I beg to differ.
I have just downloaded the file mentioned by John and it does contain 4 sets of aircraft as well as traffic files in a structure that mimics the correct one for FSX.

I would suggest that you run it again and this time install it to a temporary location, i.e. 'F:\ACG' and have a look inside that folder.

Your snip does not look correct in the slightest. there is no way that you should have a scenery and a texture folder where your F-16 folder should be.
Steve
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

I am stuck on what to try now.
If you don't try you can never succeed, if you always try you succeed more.
Twitter: @Brandon71822792
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

John Young wrote: 26 Feb 2019, 16:56 Oh yes there most definitely are, because I copied and pasted the aircraft and traffic files names from the zip I downloaded again yesterday into my post above.

When you said in your post of the 22nd Feb that "I just put their traffic files in FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery and they don't show up" where did that file come from if it wasn't in the zip?

What is the file name of the download you have for Bentwaters and Woodbridge (Twin Bases)? Did you try and install manually or did you use the auto-install option?

You also need to tell us what default traffic file you have deleted that we asked about earlier.

John
Ignore the no bgl quote, I hadn't realised it was installed already. I auto installed
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

Ive got all aircraft installed
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

So did you do everything I asked you to do:

Did you remove all your traffic files except the Twins traffic file - did you actually find that file and where is it placed? I'm really confused by your contradictory posts.

Did you switch off all other UK scenery?

I just want to make sure you have Bentwaters showing properly - so, when you go to Bentwaters, how many vehicles are there in the Control Tower car park, including the ambulance, but excluding the 5 vehicles by the two huts?

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

In simple terms.
1. When you load the traffic file into AIFP what colour are the aircraft in the listing?
If they are all black then you have installed the aircraft properly, and the traffic file must be installed properly or you wouldn't be able to load it into AIFP.

2. Did you activate the scenery?
As John says go at look at the scenery. If you don't see what John is describing then you haven't activated the scenery, which means that there is no afcad to hold traffic which would explain why you see nothing.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

My guess Steve is that the scenery is probably correctly installed because otherwise he would just be seeing empty fields, if indeed he managed to get there at all, since Bentwaters and Woodbridge are not in the default scenery and there would be no "go to" entry. I just want to be sure though what is being seen. OrbX or another third party add-on might be a possibility.

If we can confirm black for the 4 aircraft in AIFP that would rule out the aircraft and the Twins traffic file.

That really only leaves the other traffic files. Given his import of FS9 items to FSX, it's highly probable, as it usually is when AI fails to show in FSX, that there is FS9 contamination, either in the scenery\world\scenery folder, or with any traffic files in local scenery folders. Temporarily removing all other traffic files and switching off all other UK scenery, as we have asked for, will be the second crucial test after AIFP.

John
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Agreed.
Confirm the basics, check the usual suspects.
Steve
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

The aircraft are black text, there are vehicles in the car park
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

Could it be that my flyable AI aircraft are causing it?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

If they are in a FS9 traffic file then yes. This is why John asked for ALL traffic files to be removed, temporarily, to eliminate as many possible causes as you can.
Steve
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

My flyable AI planes don't carry traffic files because they react like proper FS aircraft, should I remove them
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

If I remove the panel and Sound folders will AI show?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I think we need to clarify some terminology to avoid confusion.

AI - Artificial Intelligence. These are aircraft that are in the sim for use as artificial traffic using the traffic bgl system.
If the aircraft are flyable then they are not AI. If they are in sim for the purposes of artificial traffic then they are AI.
These are two separate things. People should not use flyable aircraft as AI aircraft and people should not fly AI aircraft.

The sim flight model for flyable aircraft is separate and different from the AI flight model. This is why you shouldn't mix the two. The same WILL react differently in each environment - and some times not at all.

So sort your aircraft into flyable and AI aircraft. You do not have flyable AI aircraft. If you want to mod a flyable aircraft fde into an AI aircraft fde that can be done some other time, but you are not at that level at the moment.
Steve
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

My AI planes had sound and panel folders put in so they could fly. I assume that by removing them AI traffic will show
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

All AI planes have had panel/sound taken out
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

True AI planes won't fly because you won't be able to select them in the aircraft menu. They are usually "Type 2" aircraft in the .air file. You can edit that value with a suitable tool to make the "Type 0" (flyable) to put them in the menu, but I really wouldn't mess about with .air files at this stage. Apart from that flyable aircraft are usually around 25-30,000 polygons with no LODs. Just a few of those used as AI are likely to kill your frame rate, especially in FSX with FS9 aircraft and scenery.

The more you tell us about mixing FS9 and FSX the more I'm thinking you have contaminated traffic files.

Please do what I keep asking you to do so we can check that. Just remove all the traffic files except for the Twins and turn off all UK scenery in your library except for the Twins. Now go to Bentwaters. Do you see the AI?

While you are there, how many vehicles are in the tower car park including the ambulance but excluding the 5 by the two huts.

John
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

3/4 of my Flyable aircraft are ex-FS9
ConcordeBOAF
Captain
Captain

Post by ConcordeBOAF »

John, this fixed it