The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

KNBC

All things Military AI that don't fit anywhere else.
rcrc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

KNBC

Post by rcrc »

Hey there everyone. Any chance on a package for this?

KNBC-Beaufort MCAS is home to F-18's...

I swear if I could figure out how to do my own AI plans I would populate it myself, but that is the ONE thing I just cannot seem to grasp. I have TTools and AFCAD and some other so-called 'simple' AI traffic programs, but my brain has put up a force-field to comprehension. grrrrr
(and yes, I've done the tutorial included in the readme...I'm just dumb when it comes to this lol)

Thanks MAIW and everyone else!

GREAT work you all have done!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

We don't take requests.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
rcrc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rcrc »

not so much a request as much as a general question...
ronniegj

Post by ronniegj »

However, a couple of our previous packages have traffic that passes through MCAS Beaufort, so if you have them installed (sorry don't remember which, altho if it has Navy/Marines etc if probably has something going there), and you have an AFCAD that will provide parking, then you'll have at lest some traffic there!

Ron
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

rcrc wrote:not so much a request as much as a general question...
There is the possibility of a package anywhere if there is an available AI aircraft model.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
rcrc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rcrc »

hmmm, yeah I do have an occasional KC130(5) there but other than that it's pretty empty.
Thanks for the responses...

I know I just need to go back and take a fresh look at TTools and create my own stuff. It's been a while so maybe my 'comprenshion' will be better...lol
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

The "trick" for me when I first started making flightplans was to take one that I knew worked - didn't matter where.

- Decompile it and delete all but one line from the flightplans.txt file.
- Change that line to reflect the desired departure airfield - not worrying about the times.
- Then see if it compiles without errors - if ttools needs to, it generally reworks the arrival times for you. So, decompile the bgl to ensure you know what changes, if any, ttools made to the timings.
- Stick the compiled bgl into ..\senery\world\scenery and ensure that the aircraft DOES take off.
- If it compiles, then change the destination airport to the desired destination and recompile again. Go ahead and decompile the bgl again to ensure you know what changes, if any, ttools made to the timings.
- Stick THAT new bgl in the ..\scenery folder and go back into FSx and check that the aircraft arrives.

IF THE AIRCRAFT DOESN'T ARRIVE, then doublecheck the parking in the afcad.

Now do a similar step by step "playing around" bit with departure and arrival timings, with TNGs and with multiple leg routings.

Change the aircraft.txt and airports.txt files carefully - they need to be coordinated with changes in the flightplans.txt files.

Within 2 hours most people who have done this have a pretty danged good understanding of what each peice of the flightplan.txt lines does and how to make things work.

Ultimately, the readme/help file for ttools IS YOUR BIBLE. It may not be your friend, but it doesn't lie and isn't filled with BS.

The advantage of manual flightplanning is the control it gives you. The disadvantage is the amount of time it takes to write from scratch - something I rarely do anymore. I typeover flightplan lines that have been decompiled from known good traffic bgls. But then again, I also use RipPipPip's FPgenerator alot just to get things up in the air FAST!!!!
rcrc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rcrc »

Hey thanks!

I'll try that as soon as my wife lets me get near my flight sim stuff...I mean... :lol:
Thanks I'll give that a try. Sounds less intensive than the other way!
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Right now I use the only AI F-18 out, the HK one found on avsim, which also has most of the repaints for every USN/USMC squadron and a "formation" model as well. Download the USN/USMC Herks and Airliners packages from MAIW.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
pgd
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by pgd »

I've got an AFCAD I worked up after flying over a couple of times. Still waiting to populate it w/Hornets though. If you'd like the AFCAD, drop me a PM w/your email.
btaylo24
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: P3D

Post by btaylo24 »

people make it harder than what it really is.
try the tool mentioned here!!!!
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3186
Barry
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

btaylo24 wrote:people make it harder than what it really is.
No Barry its a dark art that takes years to learn and Hogwarts :wink:
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

VulcanDriver wrote:
No Barry its a dark art that takes years to learn and Hogwarts :wink:
Hmm, I don't think anyone suggested it's truly difficult to learn. OTOH, people unfamiliar with field delimiting (CSV's for example.) or the strict rules of computer code punctuation (ex., Fortran I/IV) have difficulty with things like this in my experience. Then again, I've run into many experienced "experts" who have definitely forgotten more about something than I remember - including the difficulties they first had with something before it became second nature. For me, Hogwarts was hogwash, certainly not in the same league with paper and pencil DnD magic.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

I meant to to say Hogwarts. Harry Potters school of magic... :D

John
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
Ford Friendly
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Ford Friendly »

VulcanDriver wrote:I meant to to say Hogwarts. Harry Potters school of magic... :D
Understood. My comment might merit a second look. It's evaluative from my perspective. DnD => Gary Gygax (game creator) and personal imagination versus that of a single author/a single author's vision reinterpreted by Hollywood.
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by VulcanDriver »

Ah right I see what you mean now :roll:
John

MikeyW
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by MikeyW »

I've been doing them for years and I almost always screw a plan up the first time I write one. It's kind of tedious, and if you're like me and like to do weeklies, it get's real easy to make a mistake. I like to make mine all VFR so that the planes do real touch and goes, but VFR TNGs are kind of iffy. If the airport's elevation isn't right, the plane will fly off into the boonies, land short or off-center, or not at all. Success also depends on the aircraft.cfg file of the AI plane, too. IFR flightplans are almost bulletproof, but there are some subtle rules you have to follow with IFR TNGs (the leg after the TNG leg has to start within 2 minutes of the ending time for the TNG leg). To me, flightplanning is a necessary evil - but if you set up hourly flightplans, they're pretty easy - just boring to watch.
rcrc
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by rcrc »

try the tool mentioned here!!!!
http://www.militaryaiworks.com/forum/vi ... php?t=3186
WOW-
this is AWESOME. Thanks guys. I know a lot of hard work went into this. I've been having a lot of fun with this!
THANKS!!!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

The sound of another satisfied customer, Rip
Steve