The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Gladiators package by Desmond Burrell & John Stinstrom

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Gladiators package by Desmond Burrell & John Stinstrom

Post by Firebird »

Well we are not really the ADE support forum but if you gives us the error we might be able to point you in the right area.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

OK I think I may have found your problem.
It seems that ADE doesn't like Runway links that do not have a valid runway assigned. If they don't it gives them a link of R00, or RWY 36, which is not defined at the airport. Runway links are sometimes used because they use to be runways and people want to keep the Rwy markings.

Is this your problem?
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

expat wrote:I cannot get the NAS Key West AFCAD bgl to recompile using ADE - I was trying to change some parking codes and add some library objects. In fact it won't recompile if I don't make any changes. Any thoughts why this is ?
This is due to the way that the AFCAD file was constructed to make use of different runway textures for the same runway. Only way to do that in AFCAD is to create dummy runways that are on the ends of the main runways which gives you the concrete ends and asphalt middles.

ADE doesn't like that at all and hence won't compile.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Thank God...I was about to freak out that we needed to fix something else with this package :oops: :lol:
expat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by expat »

Thanks. It seems to be an ADE problem as it is doing it with all AFCADS so working it out over the relevant boards. Great scenery guys.
Stewart Pearson
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by Stewart Pearson »

expat wrote:Thanks. It seems to be an ADE problem as it is doing it with all AFCADS so working it out over the relevant boards. Great scenery guys.
You should operate under the same guidelines that I do expat.

If it says "ADE" or "AFX" on the bgl.................................LEAVE IT ALONE :lol:

Hope you get it sorted
Stew

"There is an art … to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Victory103 »

Just removing the crashed "D" model and AIFP2 noticed I was missing an aircraft in the FP's list, a "C" BuNo 164630, which is actually assigned to VFA-15 (and included in the non-MAIW Oceana pack). Easy fix to remove from aircraft list and FP.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

This is a great package, living in Fla. when I fly around I usually take off or land at NAS Key West. I am a novice flyer so my apologies in advance if I missed something easy. I have this package loaded and all seems good with one exception, is there AI for Key West? I have the static aircraft and the airport is terrific, but no movement of aircraft. I checked my AFCAD and there is only the KNQX mod file. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

well, problem solved, there was a KNQX file which for some reason was not showing up when I did a "search" but something in AFCAD prompted me to look and this time I looked for KNQX and a stock file did show up, but for the life of me could not fine out where it was, and then I found the properties button, found the stock file was in the scenery section for FS9 main, AP926230, I took it out, ran FS9 and right to the airport, sure enough, there are aircraft moving about. Whew : )

Frank
WTCHURSIX

"Sir the cause of the fire was the insurance payment rubbing up against the mortgage payment causing friction"

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Well. someone told me to never take the stock airport out of FS9 for any reason, navaids etc. for other areas that might be included with airports other than the one your working on, so my quandry now is and what do you people think on here, take the stock airport out or leave it in? If I leave it out for whatever reason my AI traffic at KNQX works, put it back in and my AI traffic doens't work. HELP : )
WTCHURSIX

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Never take a stock airport out. The only way that it would override addon scenery is if it loads it later.

Check that the default libs are at the top and lower numbers in the scenery.cfg file or if in FS they should be at the bottom of the listing. All addons should be above the defaults.

It sounds like the addon scenery is below the defaults.
Steve
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks Steve, all addons are now above the defaults, for some reason one of my florida addons was below another and it was causing the problem, never had it before but its corrected, MAIW Gladiators package is good, LatinVFR airport for KEYW is good. MAIW is a great site for not only the addons to flight sim, but the tech help is great too.

Frank
WTCHURSIX

knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

I cant get any AI to fly in or out of KNQX. Would it be in the flightplans to show if or when they at least fly out, I looked over the flightplans and it was all over my head. What'ya think guys, is there AI traffic here or are they static. Still have a novice here but I am trying to learn this soon as possible.

Frank

(and finally got editvoicepak to work, had to get a cab file out of FS2004, but its working great, what a nice addition to these packages !! )
WTCHURSIX

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It has flyable traffic. Try downloading AIFP by Don Grovestine. Although it is primarily used for building and checking flightplans, you can use it to view them as well.
Remember that normally flightplans are in GMT, not local time but AIFP will tell you that.
Steve
knarfy
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by knarfy »

Thanks Steve, I use FS2004 not FSX, so can I still use this program, if not any recommendations?

Frank
WTCHURSIX

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

It is designed to be used for compiling by both FS9 and FSX.
Steve
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Gents,
A long time since any posts in this thread. The reason that I am adding to it is due to an issue I found with this afcad when helping JY debug his Vigilante pack.

He was getting, as had I before with other aircraft, that some aircraft when they landed on rwy 07 and did not slow down to taxi speed until after the runways cross section and acted weirdly.
Instead of continuing down rwy 07 until the turn off near the end they veered off and went cross country to a turn off for taxiway K on rwy 13.

Eventually got to the bottom of this and it turns out to be caused by what I mentioned earlier in the thread back in 2012. There are 4 taxiway paths that are linked to a non-existant rwy - 36. Once I amended the source to alter these from "0" to "31" and recompiled the aircraft act normally.
I also found that aircraft turned off the closed exit off rwy 07. I have fixed that as well.

I attach the amended afcad for all. I would say that if any amended it or use it for FSX then use this one as well and make the same adjustments.
Attachments
MAIW_AF2_KNQX_CUSTOM.zip
(9.83 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Steve