The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

McEntire JNGB Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

McEntire JNGB Support Thread

Post by MIKE JG »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".

NOTE 4: The 169th FW was previously depicted in the “Southeast ANG” package from a few years back. If you have this package installed please replace your older “MAIW_HTAI_F-16C_SEANG” and “MAIW_HTAI_F-16D_SEANG” with the ones included in the optional files folder, this will give you the most up to date flights and schemes.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: McEntire JNGB Support Thread

Post by Joseph29 »

What would be the easiest way to update the 169th FW? If you just replace the older “MAIW_HTAI_F-16C_SEANG” and “MAIW_HTAI_F-16D_SEANG” with the ones included in the optional files folder you would still have the old ones flying in the sim right? I would have to go through and delete them from the old Southeast ANG flightplans too right?
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: FS9

Post by reconmercs »

Joseph29 wrote:What would be the easiest way to update the 169th FW? If you just replace the older “MAIW_HTAI_F-16C_SEANG” and “MAIW_HTAI_F-16D_SEANG” with the ones included in the optional files folder you would still have the old ones flying in the sim right? I would have to go through and delete them from the old Southeast ANG flightplans too right?
no. they are named different.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Ok they are named differently I see now. Are the textures that are in the optional folder new/updated? Or the same ones that we already have? My guess is they are the same.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

Just wanted to confirm that the only optional files are the updated SEANG F-16C/D folders with the 169th aircraft.cfg entries and textures removed? I still have to remove the 169th from SEANG traffic .bgl. Making sure this no optional updated SEANG traffic file?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
chris1
Cadet
Cadet

Post by chris1 »

Also in the optional F-16D folder the aircraft.cfg calls for a SC bird, but the textures are only for 2xFM and 1xAL birds (ie the SC bird is missing?)

Thanks,
Chris.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Are there any changes to the Raleigh-Durham National Guard Ramp AFCAD, other than (presumably) the addition of parking codes?

I'm using the optional custom AFCAD for the Blueprint KRDU scenery, that was originally in the 1-130th AVN package, and I was wondering if anything else needed changing :)
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

RKE wrote:Are there any changes to the Raleigh-Durham National Guard Ramp AFCAD, other than (presumably) the addition of parking codes?

I'm using the optional custom AFCAD for the Blueprint KRDU scenery, that was originally in the 1-130th AVN package, and I was wondering if anything else needed changing :)
Nope no changes needed for that package; you should be good
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Just a heads up. There is a C-130 from the old MIAW SEANG package that is from McEntire JNGB. You will need to delete that plane from the old SEANG package or you will have double C-130's at McEntire.

(the old one is a C-130E and is title=MAIW_HTAI_C130E_RCH_XX_157_64-0520 and the texture is RCH_XX_157_64-0520)
gvbeek
Captain
Captain

Post by gvbeek »

Is it correct that this WC-130H is now with Puerto Rico ANG:
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php? ... 144&nseq=0
Last edited by campbeme on 06 Mar 2013, 06:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This post is not Support related, please only post if you require support. Moderator.
- Gert van B.
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Victory103 wrote:Just wanted to confirm that the only optional files are the updated SEANG F-16C/D folders with the 169th aircraft.cfg entries and textures removed? I still have to remove the 169th from SEANG traffic .bgl. Making sure this no optional updated SEANG traffic file?
I was wondering this also, cause I thought there would be a new updated SEANG traffic file. That's why I asked my question about this.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Victory103 wrote:Just wanted to confirm that the only optional files are the updated SEANG F-16C/D folders with the 169th aircraft.cfg entries and textures removed? I still have to remove the 169th from SEANG traffic .bgl. Making sure this no optional updated SEANG traffic file?

Hey Chris,

there is currently no updated traffic bgl file, I'm still trying to determine how to update the SEANG package as a whole. The older traffic bgl has been updated so much since the initial release of that package, there wasn't much point putting it in this package, new aircraft needed, some removed etc.
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Remember...all packages are intended to stand alone.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

reconmercs wrote:

Hey Chris,

there is currently no updated traffic bgl file, I'm still trying to determine how to update the SEANG package as a whole. The older traffic bgl has been updated so much since the initial release of that package, there wasn't much point putting it in this package, new aircraft needed, some removed etc.

Since the SEANG is old and some new packages have been (like this McEntire package) made maybe it's time for a whole new SEANG package?
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Joseph29 wrote:
reconmercs wrote:

Hey Chris,

Since the SEANG is old and some new packages have been (like this McEntire package) made maybe it's time for a whole new SEANG package?
let us know when you done working on it.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Joseph,
The point you make are fine. Remember this though, we have a limited number of developers so with 200+ packages we can either concentrate on new packages or we can keep refreshing old ones. We can't do both. If we could we would.

You may be happier if we could keep everything very current but it's the variety of world-wide packages that most people want. Des said, before your last post, that he was thinking about what to do about refreshing the SEANG package. That doesn't mean it's going to be next up, or even soon, but it will be done eventually.

I feel that an experienced user such as yourself can make the small changes that you desire yourself until that time, after all each package we release gives you the raw material and there have been numerous posts about the tools you use to make them.
Steve
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

Firebird wrote:I feel that an experienced user such as yourself can make the small changes that you desire yourself until that time, after all each package we release gives you the raw material and there have been numerous posts about the tools you use to make them.

I do make the small changes. I deleted all of the out of date stuff in the SEANG package and other packages. When I suggested a new SEANG package I didn't mean now, I ment in the future.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

That is fine, and is being looked into.

Now we should get back to the purpose of this thread which is dealing with problems and issues associated with this specific release.
Steve