The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

RAF Linton on Ouse Support Thread

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

RAF Linton on Ouse Support Thread

Post by MIKE JG »

Post support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible.

NOTE 1: Keep this thread clean and post ONLY support related comments here. For all other discussions about this package, please reply to the release announcement.

NOTE 2: We will only provide support for bugs in our packages, not for conflicts with other addons in a user's highly modified simulator setup.

NOTE 3: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX community support can be had from other users by posting questions in our "Unofficial Flight Simulator X Forums".

NOTE 4: Elements contained within this package duplicate earlier MAIW packages. Please read the included Readme for instructions on which files to replace with the files from this package.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
jerel2k7
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: RAF Linton on Ouse Support Thread

Post by jerel2k7 »

Hello, thank you for the new package. I found a couple of missing textures

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_MGAI_Tucano_RAF No 1 FTS - [fltsim.0] - missing texture map
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\aircraft\MAIW_MGAI_Tucano_RAF No 1 FTS - [fltsim.1] - missing texture map

texture=qinetiq_510
texture=qinetiq_511
AVSIM Library Director
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

They're not missing, just optional ones that are included in the Military AI Works folder.

A program like ACA 2007 will return these as errors but there's no flight plans for them, so the cfg entries are just there in case you want to add them in on your own.

It does not cause any issues with the package.

The extra textures are explained in the Readme if you want more info.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
swp53
Captain
Captain
Version: FSX

Post by swp53 »

Hi All,
Have I missed something? The following effect is not in the effects file in the package. is it in a previous package I have missed?

light.5 = 2, 1.15, -18.1, 4.80, fx_strobe //Marks_White_Fighter_WingStrobe
light.6 = 2, 1.15, 18.1, 4.80, fx_strobe //Marks_White_Fighter_WingStrobe

Thanks for you help,
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Hi Steve,
The fx_strobe is a default whilst the Marks_White_Fighter_WingStrobe mentioned is not included, as it is commented out.
I confess that I don't know the reason for it not being used and how far along its development it is, or was.
Steve
swp53
Captain
Captain

Post by swp53 »

Thanks Steve,
Thought I had missed something.
Regards,
Steve
Past Beta Tester
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

Here are the Marks_White_Fighter_WingStrobe effect. It's just a slight change to the default effect. I can't remember exactly what!
Attachments
Marks_White_Fighter_WingStrobe.zip
(50.57 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

We will be releasing very soon an updated version of this package, it will contain the below new and fixed features.

Corrected hold short at EGXU
Panel lines added to fuselages.
Camo paint changed to correct airframe.
Gate Guard and Maintenance static added to scenery.
New AI Tucano model with Air Brake animation.

Will be ready real soon just working on the last paint. :wink:
Mark
flyer32
Cadet
Cadet

Post by flyer32 »

Hello to you all, This is my first post so I hope you will bear with me. First of all thanks for the Linton package, as I was stationed there in 1951 doing trade training during National Service. Having said that I managed to download the package O.K. and it seemed to instal quite well until I got to the FS9 part.
A window popped up as follows:-

Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working
A problem caused the programme to stop working
correctly.Windows will close the program and notify
you if a solution is available.

That's it. I am unable to start the sim at all. I have uninstalled it and re-installed, but the problem
remains. It looks like one of the files has upset the sim, but I have no idea what has happened.
Everything was O.K. just before I installed the package. Can you offer me any ideas
Best wishes , RegT
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

flyer32 wrote:Hello to you all, This is my first post so I hope you will bear with me. First of all thanks for the Linton package, as I was stationed there in 1951 doing trade training during National Service. Having said that I managed to download the package O.K. and it seemed to instal quite well until I got to the FS9 part.
A window popped up as follows:-

Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working
A problem caused the programme to stop working
correctly.Windows will close the program and notify
you if a solution is available.

That's it. I am unable to start the sim at all. I have uninstalled it and re-installed, but the problem
remains. It looks like one of the files has upset the sim, but I have no idea what has happened.
Everything was O.K. just before I installed the package. Can you offer me any ideas
Best wishes , RegT
Hello Reg,

I'm sorry about that, before we start working out what went wrong, can you tell me if your sim works after you uninstalled the package?
Mark
flyer32
Cadet
Cadet

Post by flyer32 »

Hello Mark, Thanks for the quick response. There has been a development!! First of all the sim
did not work even after I uninstalled the Linton file. I wondered if I had overlooked a file or if
the package had altered the Registry. Anyway it dawned on me that I had not installed the FS9.1
update after reinstalling FS9. I did this and the sim fired up!! Mind you I have not yet re-installed
the Linton package. That's the next step,do you think? RegT
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

flyer32 wrote:Hello Mark, Thanks for the quick response. There has been a development!! First of all the sim
did not work even after I uninstalled the Linton file. I wondered if I had overlooked a file or if
the package had altered the Registry. Anyway it dawned on me that I had not installed the FS9.1
update after reinstalling FS9. I did this and the sim fired up!! Mind you I have not yet re-installed
the Linton package. That's the next step,do you think? RegT
Yeah, I can't think of any reason why this should happen with the package on your set up. To be safe though I would install the package into a temporary folder and manually copy the files across to your FS9 directory. Let us know how you get on.
Mark
flyer32
Cadet
Cadet

Post by flyer32 »

O.K. Mark, Will do a manual instal of Linton package tomorrow and let you know. RegT
flyer32
Cadet
Cadet

Post by flyer32 »

Hi Mark, Well, I have installed the Linton package normally ,using your installer,just to see what would happen. I got the error message again but this time the default flight loaded. I changed the airfield to Linton and the scenery is O.K., and looking very good. This time I also got a warning from my security software, Trend Micro, to say that your file contained a potentially unsafe .MHT file, which could damage my computer. I over-rode this with a "trusted site" message and the instal went ahead.
The problem now is that I get the error message every time I open the sim. Incidently my system runs
Win 7-64 bit but I cannot see that this will affect the installation of the package. I'll wait for your reply before un-installing and doing a manual install. Best wishes RegT
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Post by gsnde »

Can you please tell us again what the error message is exactly saying, please.
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet

Post by flyer32 »

Hi Martin, The error message was as follows:-

Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available.

I have been researching this and it looks as if it is a standard response to any anomaly.
Something prompted my security software to raise a warning and overreacted. I have now
entered the MAIW address as a "trusted" site and this seems to have worked. The sim is back to normal and I am enjoying the Linton package immensely.I still do not know what caused the
problem in the first place except for the mention of a .MHT file!! Anyway, thank you for your
response and i am sorry to have called on your help a bit prematurely.I can now concentrate
on exploring the rest of your very interesting site. Many thanks. RegT
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by campbeme »

flyer32 wrote:Hi Martin, The error message was as follows:-

Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available.

I have been researching this and it looks as if it is a standard response to any anomaly.
Something prompted my security software to raise a warning and overreacted. I have now
entered the MAIW address as a "trusted" site and this seems to have worked. The sim is back to normal and I am enjoying the Linton package immensely.I still do not know what caused the
problem in the first place except for the mention of a .MHT file!! Anyway, thank you for your
response and i am sorry to have called on your help a bit prematurely.I can now concentrate
on exploring the rest of your very interesting site. Many thanks. RegT
No problem at all Reg, we will always do our best to help people having difficulties with our packages. Just so you know the MHT file is only the readme.
Mark