The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Langley AFB package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
sundownerz111

A Quick Question

Post by sundownerz111 »

Hi all.

just a quick question.does this package work with FSX? :?
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Everything designed and tested for FS9 only.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: A Quick Question

Post by CelticWarrior »

sundownerz111 wrote:Hi all.

just a quick question.does this package work with FSX? :?
Just a quick answer - yes :wink:
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
+39 Tomcat
Cadet
Cadet

Problem with AI

Post by +39 Tomcat »

Hallo, Captains!
I've downloaded from AVSim the Langley Package, as well as the USAF Dyess one and the Italian Air Force Tornados one.
For installing the last two of them I uses - without problems - the "World of AI Installer" software.
Now, when I fly from these airports, I can admire all those birds pretty well parked on the ramps, but no AI!
I mean, no one has the minimal intention to take off.
Well..could it be because it's Sunday and the aircrews have the day off? :wink:

After installing, I use the Edit Voice Pack 3.1 for installing the new callsigns, but it does not affect the flights...since I have no AI flights!

Is there something I forgot to install!?

Thank you so much,

+39
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

For the Langley package, there is very little flying over the weekends which is how it is in real life. Try a day during the week. The langley package uses the MAIW auto installer. So once its installed everything with the exception of the callsigns should work correctly.

The other two use the WoAI installer and should also work, except for the callsigns right away.

Always check for duplictae AFCAD files for the bases involved. Also make sure your traffic slider % is set above 50%.

For the callsigns, if you have followed the instructions carefully, they should also work. Don't forget after installing your new callsigns that you have to save and activate the new callsigns within Editvoicepack itself. The activation process takes at least 10 minutes on my machine.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Karaya
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Karaya »

Hi! I have dowloaded a few of the packages and just tried to install four of them:

F15 Langley package

F15 Seymour Johnston Package

F14 Sunset package

RAF Lakenheath

So far the only one to fully install and work properly if the F14 Sunset one.

The other 3 come up with up with errors from teh installer similar to this one ( this is for the Langley package):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Military AI Works - Langley AFB Complete Package has not been totally installed because of the following reason:

Aircraft\MAIW_F15C_Eagle Langley AFB\model.combat2\NBAI_F15C_Eagle.mdl: This file contains invaild data. (error 21FC)

You will have to run this utility again to completely install Military AI Works - Langley AFB Complete Package

~~~~~~~~~~

Lakenheath and Seymour come up with a missing texture error though.

I have tried running the installer again but keep getting the exact same error messages.

I tried going in game and seeing how if anything has shown up,but only the F14 one showing.Does anyone have any ideas on what might be happening?

Thanks.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Hi Karaya,

Well my initial reaction was corrupt files, but to get three out of four. I have downloaded them all from avsim again, and tried and they all install ok. This leads me to think that maybe you are using some kind of download accelerator.
I think that avsim is one of those sites that doesn't take to kindly to them. Try switching it off and downloading again, you should find that it will work then.
Steve
Karaya
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Karaya »

I'm not using a download acclerator,but I will give downloading them a try again.I will let you know how I go.

Thanks!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

Try installing manually.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty »

Karaya wrote:I'm not using a download acclerator,but I will give downloading them a try again.I will let you know how I go.

Thanks!
Karaya - Aces High ?
Karaya
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Karaya »

I downloaded them again,and they have installed properly and run in game.Thanks for your help Firebird!

BadPvtDan how would you install the packs manually,since they are inside an installer?

Weescotty - " Karaya - Aces High ?" Im probably being thick but I don't know what you are asking!!
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff

Post by BadPvtDan »

I guess what I meant was trying to install them to a directory other than FS9 and seeing if that worked. Glad you got it going!
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Glad it worked out for you, Karaya.
Steve
Karaya
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Karaya »

Danny - now worries,I hadn't thought of that.

And from both me and a friend who came over yesterday and flew around after I finished installing them,great job on the packages!

My friend took off from Oceana and although we didn't see any F-14's flying ( must have been the wrong time of day),we did see some Langley F-15's,which came in and did a few touch and go's at Oceana.

After he landed we used the CTRL+W to view the AI aircraft flying in the area,and watch the F-15's land back at Langley and taxi in to park.Also seen from F-15Es from Seymoure were in the area as well cruising around,very cool!

I have a few more packs installed as well which I will have to check out as well.Great work guys!
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

Been doing some planespotting at Nellis lately and i see lots of F-22:s with the code OT on the tail. were do these F-22:s origin from? They came with this package but i cant seem to find them at Langley?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Swimeye,
The F-22s with OT on the tail have not been included in any MAIW package, so my guess is that you have another package that has installed them. OT is used by the 422nd TES at Nellis and the 85th TES at Eglin.
Steve
swimeye
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by swimeye »

OK. But i am pretty sure i have some OT textures in the airplane folder that belongs to the langley raptor. :o
And the aircraft config states they are loaned to Nellis, so i guess you have answered my question. They are originated at Nellis.
Thank you Firebird.
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

There are actually two OT marked Raptors in the package, there were only temporary loan to the 422nd @ Nellis when the package was intially released. These have no been returned to Langley and the upcoming update to this package will reflect that change as well.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Goes to show how much, I know :oops: . Did a quick check and found no OT coded schemes, it seems that they are cunningly named FF to confuse me.
Steve
reconmercs
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by reconmercs »

Firebird wrote:Goes to show how much, I know :oops: . Did a quick check and found no OT coded schemes, it seems that they are cunningly named FF to confuse me.
Dont sweat it Steve, I had honestly forgotten all about them until the user brought up the question :lol: but like I said they've been deleted from the update so it doesn't matter anyway :wink: