The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NAS Miramar Top Gun package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
Skyranger
Cadet
Cadet

HELP PSE!

Post by Skyranger »

I have installed both the Top Gun and Oceana packages into FS9 (via the self-installer); when I try to create a flight at either location, once I select Fly Now, the computer goes through the load up sequence and then dumps me out (ie exits) FS9 and returns me to my desktop. All of my other MAIW packages run just fine. Any clues please. Many tanks.
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

As much as I enjoy Miramar I just noticed something strange:

I landed on 24R and left via Taxiway L. Since I am not familiar with the airfield I turned on "taxi help" (sorry, I do not know the english expression - the pink lines that guide you to the parking position). As soon as I cross Taxiway P FS seems not to recognize that I just crossed it causing the "pink" stripes to stay behind me and dissappear step by step in front of me. At one point I dont know where to taxi to. I tried to slew back to the position where all this started as I thought I may have been too far away from the taxi lines but I did not help. And I probably did that ten times now. Any suggestion what may be wrong? Does this have anything to do with the double hold short node that is placed when leaving 24R?
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

I would say it concerns the drive through parking but Mike would know better.
--Chris
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

Don't know what's the problem and I'ne not yet try to land at Miramar, but the same happens at Coningsby.
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

sprocky wrote:As much as I enjoy Miramar I just noticed something strange:

I landed on 24R and left via Taxiway L. Since I am not familiar with the airfield I turned on "taxi help" (sorry, I do not know the english expression - the pink lines that guide you to the parking position). As soon as I cross Taxiway P FS seems not to recognize that I just crossed it causing the "pink" stripes to stay behind me and dissappear step by step in front of me. At one point I dont know where to taxi to. I tried to slew back to the position where all this started as I thought I may have been too far away from the taxi lines but I did not help. And I probably did that ten times now. Any suggestion what may be wrong? Does this have anything to do with the double hold short node that is placed when leaving 24R?
Jan,

Chris is probably right. The original and visible Taxiway L is actually closed and the AI are all using an invisible taxiway network to depart the runway and taxi in on. I've never tried what you did, but I am assuming that Taxiway L being closed is causing the problem that you are experiencing. Taxiways M and N are also closed as is Runway Taxiway 10/28. These all have to be closed in order for the drive though parking network to function properly.

Sorry,

Mike
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

bismarck wrote:Don't know what's the problem and I'ne not yet try to land at Miramar, but the same happens at Coningsby.
Bismarck,

RAF Coningsby has a similar drive through parking scheme, so closed original and visible runway exit taxiways is probably the cause of this problem there also.

Sorry,

Mike
bismarck
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bismarck »

It's not a problem....so I can park near the pub for a black Guinness.... :wink:
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

mikewmac wrote: Jan,

Chris is probably right. The original and visible Taxiway L is actually closed and the AI are all using an invisible taxiway network to depart the runway and taxi in on. I've never tried what you did, but I am assuming that Taxiway L being closed is causing the problem that you are experiencing. Taxiways M and N are also closed as is Runway Taxiway 10/28. These all have to be closed in order for the drive though parking network to function properly.

Sorry,
Mike
Ok that really seems to be the point here.

Could you please recommend an exit that I could use for leaving the runway?
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

Chances are you're going to run into that issue no matter where you exit. If you're unfamiliar with the field layout you can study the airport and learn the taxi routes but I don't think you're going to be able to follow via progressive taxi.
--Chris
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

The problem is that ATC simply assigns me to "parking" (maybe caused by just requesting TNG's followed by full landing without filing a flight plan :roll: )
Jan
SMOC
Captain
Captain

Post by SMOC »

ATC does list "Parking" only but when I ask to taxi there it tells me to taxi via taxiways L and R. Looking at the diagram I can see that will take me to the NW parking ramp. And once there you just pick a spot to park.
--Chris
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by mikewmac »

sprocky wrote:

Sorry,
Mike
Ok that really seems to be the point here.

Could you please recommend an exit that I could use for leaving the runway?
Jan,

Maybe if you taxi to the end of the runway to exit on either Taiway O or E both ground control and progressive taxi will work since those taxiways are both open. :idea:

Otherwise I think you just have to exit on one of the closed exit taxiways and taxi in to park wherever you please without the aid of ground control or progressive taxi.

Sorry,

Mike
RipPipPip
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RipPipPip »

Just to express my WOWW:
both MAIW Miramar & Phoenix packages are on top of Avsim "Hot Downloads for Yesterday" list, even higher than the first WOAI package there 8)
"For a few FPS more"
Rysiek Winawer
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Guess that confirms that retro is hot right now.
Steve
f14driver

Post by f14driver »

We released 2 days earlier then you guys 8) and we'll be back on nr 1 after tomorrow I guess UPS is doing about 100 downloads per hour at the moment *grin*

Seems that the AI groups are the most popular thing now on avsim , check the monthly and yearly stats and you'll see quite some AI popping up there
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: HELP PSE!

Post by Firebird »

Skyranger wrote:I have installed both the Top Gun and Oceana packages into FS9 (via the self-installer); when I try to create a flight at either location, once I select Fly Now, the computer goes through the load up sequence and then dumps me out (ie exits) FS9 and returns me to my desktop. All of my other MAIW packages run just fine. Any clues please. Many tanks.
Sorry its taken so long to get to back to you. If this happens its normally scenery related. What happens if you load somewhere else and then switch to Miramar?
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major

Post by sprocky »

Maybe if you taxi to the end of the runway to exit on either Taiway O or E both ground control and progressive taxi will work since those taxiways are both open. :idea:

Otherwise I think you just have to exit on one of the closed exit taxiways and taxi in to park wherever you please without the aid of ground control or progressive taxi.

Sorry,
Mike
Will chack that as soon I will have time to launch FS again. Thanks Mike.
Jan
Cowboymarine1593
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Cowboymarine1593 »

where can i find a good miramar scenery to go with it
nickblack423
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran

Post by nickblack423 »

It has scenery of Miramar in the package. Our own custom Scenery created by Ian McCartney.

Nick
"Pain Heals......Chicks Dig Scars.....Glory, Lasts Forever!!!"
campbeme
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by campbeme »

Just what I needed to cure the Burn Out.

Cheers Guys absolutely FanF*!*!*gtastic

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark