The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

NATO Sentry's Package by MAIW

Post all questions and problems with official MAIW Packages for FS9 in this forum. Each package has a dedicated thread for support.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

NATO Sentry's Package by MAIW

Post by MIKE JG »

Post all support related comments and questions regarding this package in this thread:
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Post by Johnny Test »

When I setup a flightplan from Lajes AB (LPLA) to Geilenkirchen AB (ETNG), the ILS/NAV info will not show-up on my GPS when I click "Select Approach" (nothing there).
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Johnny Test wrote:
KevinJarvis wrote:AFCAD shows an ILS for RWY 27 only. Freq is 110.10

Also make sure that you do not have duplicate AFCADs as a different file may not have the ILS added.

Let us know what you find.
I'm already aware of all of that, and there are no duplicates. Having said that, the problem is still there. If you bring up your GPS, you'll see what i'm talking about. I even compared LPLA's afcad too ETNG's afcad, and the only difference I can see is, LPLA has an NDB freq, whereas ETNG does not.
I guess what I meant to ask was, can you tune the ILS in?
Not sure why it wouldn't show up in the GPS.
Kevin Jarvis

Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Just a quick question. Is this the same scenery that was found on avsim? (I forget who made it or the file name) Or is this a new Geilenkirchen scenery?

(I will download and install the package when I get home)
Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

KevinJarvis wrote:I guess what I meant to ask was, can you tune the ILS in? Not sure why it wouldn't show up in the GPS.
Unfortunately I can't, and a fellow pilot friend of mine is also having the same issue... :?
VulcanDriver
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by VulcanDriver »

Joseph29 wrote:Just a quick question. Is this the same scenery that was found on avsim? (I forget who made it or the file name) Or is this a new Geilenkirchen scenery?

This is all new scenery made by MAIW with custom made buildings.
John

"That is the biggest fool thing we have ever done. The A-bomb will never go off, and I speak as an expert in explosives." - Admiral William Leahy
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Johnny Test wrote:
KevinJarvis wrote:I guess what I meant to ask was, can you tune the ILS in? Not sure why it wouldn't show up in the GPS.
Unfortunately I can't, and a fellow pilot friend of mine is also having the same issue... :?
Yes, I see what you mean.
Ok then. Someone from the beta team and/or the author of the AFCAD will need to chime in on this one.

The only thing I see that is different is that this AFCAD was built with AFX but that shouldn't cause a problem that I'm aware of.
But then, I learn something new every day.
Kevin Jarvis

Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

KevinJarvis wrote:Someone from the beta team and/or the author of the AFCAD will need to chime in on this one.
I didn't want to seem rude yestyerday - but I was wondering why an MAIW developer hasn't chimed in, cause that's who I was originally directing my issue/question too.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Johnny, please give us some time to investigate the problem before we make a statement.

I'm afraid the problem might be caused by older versions of AFX. The release notes for the latest version (1.07) say:
Bugfix: Some navaids did not appear in the FS9 GPS listing.
We will have to check if this is indeed the case and if it can be fixed with the latest version of AFX.

Thank you for your patience.

Greg
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Johnny,
Many of the staff are based in the US and therefore maybe don't use the same timezone as yourself.
Now as to the issue that you are reporting I am trying to look at it but I don't see a problem. Do you mean that the ILS doesn't show up on the main GPS display?
Steve
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Johnny Test wrote:
KevinJarvis wrote:Someone from the beta team and/or the author of the AFCAD will need to chime in on this one.
I didn't want to seem rude yestyerday - but I was wondering why an MAIW developer hasn't chimed in, cause that's who I was originally directing my issue/question too.
No offense taken Johnny.
While not active at the moment, I have been on the MAIW beta test team. :D
Kevin Jarvis

KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Firebird wrote:Johnny,
Many of the staff are based in the US and therefore maybe don't use the same timezone as yourself.
Now as to the issue that you are reporting I am trying to look at it but I don't see a problem. Do you mean that the ILS doesn't show up on the main GPS display?
Steve,
His original post does state that it does not show on the GPS.
A friend of his has confirmed this.
Kevin Jarvis

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm it shows in mine, at least where I am looking.
I will do some more checking. Taking into account that i have never learned to use the GPS.
Steve
BadPvtDan
MAIW Staff
MAIW Staff
Version: FSX

Post by BadPvtDan »

Johnny Test wrote:
Because they have lives and you don't pay their salaries to sit here and watch for your posts.
"The first rule of Zombieland: Cardio. When the zombie outbreak first hit, the first to go, for obvious reasons... were the fatties."
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

I can confirm that the ILS for RWY 27 also shows on my default Garmin 500

Image.

@Johnny...what GPS are you using??
Kevin Jarvis

Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

KevinJarvis wrote:No offense taken Johnny. While not active at the moment, I have been on the MAIW beta test team.
Ahhhh! My suspicion's were correct, I had a funny feeling you were a Beta Tester...KOOL! Look at the four Screenshots & focus on the Garmin 530 on the upper right corner. When I choose Select Approach, I should be getting NAV/ILS/VOR/GPS in the next window, like you see here on the LOWI flightplan, but I get a blank window instead.

I don't think the AFX v1.07 is the problem (still troubleshooting it via v1.06). Will give my findings later.

@Firebird: I also live in the USA (KNXX) - respectfully :wink:

@BadPvtDan: I have no wrap for you...have a good day! :smt117
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Johnny,
We can't test what we don't have. I believe that the 530 is payware so we can only test with the default 500.

Can you see if the 500 has the problem, and also if you zip up the afcad does the default afcad have the issue?
Steve
KevinJarvis
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by KevinJarvis »

Firebird wrote:Johnny,
We can't test what we don't have. I believe that the 530 is payware so we can only test with the default 500.

Can you see if the 500 has the problem, and also if you zip up the afcad does the default afcad have the issue?
I should have added this question to my earlier post.
I would guess that it's a GPS gauge problem and possibly not an AFCAD problem.
Kevin Jarvis

Johnny Test
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Johnny Test »

KevinJarvis wrote:I can confirm that the ILS for RWY 27 also shows on my default Garmin 500
That's correct...It will show-up when your on approach to the AB, but it does not show-up when you click the "Select Approach" option. I've tried it in both the default GPS & my Friendly Panel G530, and get the same results...
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Johnny,
Thanks for that, I thought I was going insane.

OK, now for somebody that has never done this before how do you select an approach, on the 500? I am assuming its a simple step thing.

Also what do you get with the default afcad? The same or does it allow you to select?
Steve