Windows 10

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Re: Windows 10

Post by Weescotty » 21 Nov 2019, 09:43

If you have a copy of the install keys you should be able to get a lot back.
Office is tricky, after you reinstall and put in the key it may fail to activate. You should be able to select activate by telephone and follow the automatic stuff through.
If you have the keys for FSDS quite a few of us still have the install files.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird » 22 Nov 2019, 14:20

The problem I have is that a lot of the keys were lost quite a few years ago when there was a mail system corruption. So I was relying on the backups.

On office it doesn't recognise the key, either automatically or via the phone system, I tried it as I needed to replace the one on the laptop anyway so I experimented.
It seems that either 2013 keys are not kept or the fact that it was never associated with an outlook/hotmail account is the issue.

I have been speaking to Acronis for 4 days and it seems that they are of the opinion that something went wrong in he 2019 to 2020 update and the backups contain the files but the system can't see them to recover them.

Upshot is a long, laborious, costly exercise.
Steve

Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by Weescotty » 27 Nov 2019, 02:56

You may be lucky with the software.
As long as you can prove you bought it, they may replace your install key.
I had lost all my Ultimate Traffic details (to get the cheap upgrade to Live), but some emails to and fro with the publishers got me my original key back.

Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird » 03 Dec 2019, 16:01

This is basically the route I have to go. Unless I get a sudden piece of luck I will have to start adding program keys from scratch. God knows how I will get some things like Ultraedit as the version I used was so out of date they will probably not supply one even if they have kept it.
Steve