The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

windows 10 updates

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: windows 10 updates

Post by Firebird »

edhave wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 18:28 The screen capture didn't go to well, see rar file
Well obviously I have only seen some of the output there but it looks like that file itself has no problem. So it may be that it calls a an object from a library that has a problem. It seems similar to when FS9 crashes due to a called texture missing.

What I would do here is double check all the scenery and texture files from the Culdrose package that they are included in your system. I would have thought that most of the objects would have been covered in the MAIW Global libs package but maybe there is a call to a different library or a missing texture.

Then I would run procmon again but only have the output show failures, all failures. We shall see what it doesn't load.
Steve
edhave
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by edhave »

Tried Procmon to show "failures" but couldn't get any good results probably due inexperience on my side.
After I placed the 4 files in a different folder (flight simulator 9/scenery) it started normally.
I guess it has something to do with a missing texture file but it is still strange that after the W10 fall creators update and no changes in my FS2004 setup it didn't work anymore.
Well enough time spend, it works so lets move on.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Fair enough. It is a work around rather than a fix but if you are happy then great.
Steve