The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Edit Voicepack and Windows 7 (.NET Framework)

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Edit Voicepack and Windows 7 (.NET Framework)

Post by Kurosaki »

Just curious if anyone has had issues just installing it as I have. I've downloaded version 3.1 since I use FS2004 and it claims I need to install a certain version of the .NET framework.

Is there a way around this without uninstalling the v3 of .NET, that is already on the computer and installing the one its asking for? Thanks in advance for any suggestions or if anyone else has seen this and has an idea.
CelticWarrior
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FSX

Re: Edit Voicepack and Windows 7 (.NET Framework)

Post by CelticWarrior »

The .NET framework isn't cumulative. If it needs version 1 then you have to install version 1, version 3 doesn't contain the data needed.

I have EVP 3 and 4 and .Net 1 installed and working on Win7-64.
"We attack tomorrow under cover of daylight! It's the last thing they'll be expecting ... a daylight charge across the minefield .."
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

Absolutely true, I have multiple frameworks on my XP machine as different proggies use different versions.
Steve
Kurosaki
Captain
Captain

Post by Kurosaki »

Thanks for your help. Successfully installed. Since I've moved to a new computer, I used my external HD to move all of FS over and now I need to figure out how to edit the registry without doing a full re-install of FS9 :? .