The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

First experience with the Flying Whale

Feel free to post your best military aviation photos in this forum. Attaching photos will not be allowed, they must be linked to a third party site to be accepted.
james84

First experience with the Flying Whale

Post by james84 »

From today, 1 December 2011, Emirates will fly a daily A380 to Rome.
They already came once with the beast to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the airport. Here is the beast flying over my house in Rome for its first retail flight, and it's the first time I see the A380. It's surprisingly SILENT!
Now on to the 787 on Dec. 15!

f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: First experience with the Flying Whale

Post by f4nutter »

i flew the quantas A380 from heathrow to sydney with a stop over in sing of coarse, but i was impressed how quite it was, best flight i've ever had :lol:
james84

Post by james84 »

What about the windows? I flew the A319-20-21 several times, and all of them have windows much smaller compared to the ones you can find on the 737s!
f4nutter
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Post by f4nutter »

who need's window's when you have a tail cam to watch your takeoff, flight,and landing plus taxi to the gate :lol: i watched it for 23 hours :shock:
james84

Post by james84 »

f4nutter wrote:who need's window's when you have a tail cam to watch your takeoff, flight,and landing plus taxi to the gate :lol: i watched it for 23 hours :shock:
:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Hmmm, sounds only a tad more interesting than watching Big Brother for 23 hrs! now where was the bar?
Steve
sprocky
Major
Major
Version: FS9

Post by sprocky »

I have seen probably every A380 that is in service today. Living close to Airbus Hamburg makes it possible :wink:

But you will beat me on the B787...
Jan
Former technician in MFG2 at ETME (home base of PANAVIA The flying computer TORNADO. sadly closed now)
james84

Post by james84 »

sprocky wrote:I have seen probably every A380 that is in service today. Living close to Airbus Hamburg makes it possible :wink:

But you will beat me on the B787...
If the weather is good I'll definitely go to FCO and take some shots!