The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Offutt RC-135 Visible until takeoff in P3D

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: P3D

Re: Offutt RC-135 Visible until takeoff in P3D

Post by rocket_26_ »

MIKE JG wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 18:48 As of yet there is no "Software Developers Kit" for P3D correct??

Without a document or something similar to that, it is all but useless to try to create models for that sim.
Mike

There is a SDK for every version of P3D that's been released but you only can download if you have purchased the sim. However converting them to FSX code is enough for them to work in P3D V4.

Cheers

Ian
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Yeah, I think I will take baby steps.
If it is do-able, by the time I get a grip on that, there may very well be a guide on how to convert from FSX to P3Dv4.
Steve
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

Ian, do you know how the P3Dv4 SDK enables its native compiler when used with Gmax? Does is install a separate P3Dv4 gamepack as the FSX SDK does?

John
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

John Young wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 21:06 Ian, do you know how the P3Dv4 SDK enables its native compiler when used with Gmax? Does is install a separate P3Dv4 gamepack as the FSX SDK does?

John
Hi John

Unfortunately the P3D SDK's have never been enabled to work in GMAX only 3ds MAX and maybe other programs. However MCX has already been updated to allow conversion to export using the P3 V4 SDK.

Cheers

Ian
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

So Ian if I'm understanding you correctly, you currently can convert Gmax files via MCX to work with the P3V4 SDK's??

Any idea about FSDS files?? I wouldn't mind having to rename parts and redo animations, it's the bulk modelling that I'm not interested in doing all over again.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Mike,
I am slowly getting to grips with MCX and the conversion system here but you can load the fsc files into MCX fine.

When I look at the anims, after loading the compiled mdls, in the anim editor quite a few of them are unknown and need to be converted/added.
When I look at the anims, after loading the fsc file, in the anim editor ALL of them are known.

Whether this means that if you have the source then MCX will convert for you I have yet to find out. It may mean that it will give you a false sense of security that everything will convert OK.

I will give you an update once I find out more.
Steve
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

MIKE JG wrote: 18 Jun 2017, 12:45 So Ian if I'm understanding you correctly, you currently can convert Gmax files via MCX to work with the P3V4 SDK's??

Any idea about FSDS files?? I wouldn't mind having to rename parts and redo animations, it's the bulk modelling that I'm not interested in doing all over again.
Mike

No you cant load up gmax files in MCX as far as I am aware, you have to export to either a FS9 or FSX mdl file first I assume that would be the same with FSDS. Then convert the model to P3V4. MCX exports using the P3D compiler.

As I now build all my scenery models in 3ds MAX I have to export using the FSX game pack to a X file and then convert to a FSX/P3D model for use in the sim. I use the FSX game pack rather than the P3D game pack because if you compile to a P3D MDL then they wont work in FSX. Much like FSX MDls don't work in FS9. Obviously its much easier to convert a scenery model as animations or conditions are rarely used.

Cheers

Ian
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

Gotcha, thanks!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

The problem with 3ds MAX is that it costs £1255 ($1581) a year.

John
rocket_26_
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by rocket_26_ »

John Young wrote: 20 Jun 2017, 14:11 The problem with 3ds MAX is that it costs £1255 ($1581) a year.

John
That's true , I have a 5 year old version though. You still have use the FSX gamepack like you do with GMAX so the only benefits for me with 3ds MAX is the better tools and ambient occlusion etc. You still have to use MCX to convert to P3D.

Cheers

Ian
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Greg »

rocket_26_ wrote: 17 Jun 2017, 19:23but you only can download if you have purchased the sim.
You can also get them from here together with the online documentation, even if you haven't made a purchase.