The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Installing MAIW packages in FSX

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Re: Installing MAIW packages in FSX

Post by Firebird »

Jon,
Whilst Martin is pondering the problem can I ask two questions, one of which will eliminate a very obvious cause for this problem.
Did you rename the aircraft titles at all in the aircraft.cfg file?
Also have you got any other packages installed that work, for example a WoAI package?

Finally, it might be worth going here http://aifs.pvdveen.net/ and downloading ACA2007 light. As long as you have .NET 2.0 installed it will do a quick scan to see if it can find any errors that may account for this.
Steve
jon93
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jon93 »

I haven't changed anything involving the aircraft and all world of ai airliners work fine.
Thanks Jon
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team
Version: P3D

Post by tango234 »

Did you convert the WOAI flightplans as well?
You will have to do that for the MAIW ones you converted to show up.
jon93
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jon93 »

i didn't convert the world of ai files they just worked.
Thanks Jon
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

That will be why the MAIW files are not working

FSX gives priority to FS9 traffic files-so the MAIW files which you converted to FSX standard will not show up but the WOAI ones, which are FS9 native, will show up. Convert the WOAI flightplans in the same way as you did for the MAIW ones and all will work as it should.

:smt002
jon93
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jon93 »

Great news it works thank you to all who helped and thank you to martin for spending so much of his time with me.
Thanks Jon
tango234
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Glad everything is sorted :D .
tbh I thought it would be something hiding in plain sight... :roll:
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Great job, Tango :smt001
Yes, always the small details will bite you. This is good enough to get a prominent place in the conversion guide, don't you think?

"Mind the other FS9 format non-MAIW traffic files that you might have installed already"

You are welcome, Jon. Now you can go ahead full speed and fill the FSX skies with all these great MAIW packages.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Conversion Team
MAIW Conversion Team

Post by tango234 »

Yep, definitely add that in.
I would advise making it red though-people really can't afford to miss it!
jon93
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jon93 »

All packages finally installed just the other day and all seems fine.
Thanks Jon
amb6
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Post by amb6 »

Hello, All.
I Know this is probably tirying to most of you, as the questions and comments all seem to be the same. But I too am not seeing any of the aircraft. I have followed the install guide to the letter and took my time doing it (over several days) as to not rush it and to make sure that I was doing it right. I only downloaded (Beale, Shaw, Nellis, Luke, Hill, Sheppard Tallons, West Coast ANG, and the USAF T1 package) and all are MAIW. So there shouldn't be anything to do with the WOAI packages. The other thing that I am wondering is I have Just Flight's Traffic X installed and I am wondering if that might have anything to do with it as it has it's own flight plans. Does anyone else have these packages installed and Traffic X installed and it working right? I am at a loss and am just about to scrap the whole MAIW idea. I don't know if it is just something I am overlooking or if this just won't work with Traffic X. I do not want to remove Traffic X, but I just really want to supplament my AI traffic with the the actual aircraft that should be at these bases. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
James
JohnBoy98
Cadet
Cadet

Post by JohnBoy98 »

ok..heres a good idea...JUST MAKE PACKAGES THAT AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL TO FSX...that way we dont have to go through all that conversion stuff..cause that just gets annoying.. :P
MOD: Yeah, this is going to get you banned sooner rather than later.
Dave YVR ATC
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by Dave YVR ATC »

Hey everyone,

I have just installed the Lemoore package and first off a HUGE thanks to all involved.. It's simply awesome!

My question regarding FSX is that I'm trying to create a new airport poly to remove bleed-through autogen trees and buildings.
I have made a new poly in ADE with the tags "Mask Class Map Exclude Autogen" and it works to some degree but still shows autogen bushes still on the aprons and I still have the original airport poly underneath that I can see in areas where mine differs from the addon scenery.

Any ideas on where to turn next?
Windows10 Home
Intel i7 8700K at 5ghz
32gb G.Skill DDR4/3200
EVGA RTX 3080 Ti SC
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

JohnBoy98 wrote:ok..heres a good idea...JUST MAKE PACKAGES THAT AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL TO FSX...that way we dont have to go through all that conversion stuff..cause that just gets annoying.. :P
Here's an idea smart ass, why don't you give each MAIW contributor and staff member, that's nearly 30 different people, give us each about $2000 U.S. to be able to purchase systems that can actually run FSX in a non slide show format. By my math, that's about $60,000 you'll need to pony up. Then we might actually THINK about designing packages that install directly to FSX...... Until you are willing to cough up that kind of cash, don't hold your breath for FSX packages.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

... Also when Mike calms down he will ask you a simple question.
Does going around to someones place and slagging them off ever get you what you want?

Don't bother to actually answer, as we can make a good guess ourselves.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

JohnBoy98 wrote:ok..heres a good idea...JUST MAKE PACKAGES THAT AUTOMATICALLY INSTALL TO FSX...that way we dont have to go through all that conversion stuff..cause that just gets annoying.. :P
MOD: Yeah, this is going to get you banned sooner rather than later.
You are welcome to make your choice between MyTraffic and UltimateTraffi - both meet your vision.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

amb6 wrote:Hello, All.
I Know this is probably tirying to most of you, as the questions and comments all seem to be the same. But I too am not seeing any of the aircraft. I have followed the install guide to the letter and took my time doing it (over several days) as to not rush it and to make sure that I was doing it right. I only downloaded (Beale, Shaw, Nellis, Luke, Hill, Sheppard Tallons, West Coast ANG, and the USAF T1 package) and all are MAIW. So there shouldn't be anything to do with the WOAI packages. The other thing that I am wondering is I have Just Flight's Traffic X installed and I am wondering if that might have anything to do with it as it has it's own flight plans. Does anyone else have these packages installed and Traffic X installed and it working right? I am at a loss and am just about to scrap the whole MAIW idea. I don't know if it is just something I am overlooking or if this just won't work with Traffic X. I do not want to remove Traffic X, but I just really want to supplament my AI traffic with the the actual aircraft that should be at these bases. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
James
Sorry, James. I have only just seen your thread but hopefully by me highlighting this will get others to respond to it as well.
Firstly I can't see any reason why Traffic X and our packages are incompatible. Now the fact that you have taken your time to read the instructions I will make a few assumptions and hope that I don't miss an obvious cause. Now please bear with my whilst I ask a couple of questions, as I don't have FSX.
I understand that you can't see any traffic at any place, but that you can see Traffic X stuff. Do you have any other AI traffic installed at all form any source, including ones that you have made?
Can you confirm that you have converted all the MAIW traffic files from FS9 standard to FSX standard? By this I mean including the humvees at Nellis?
Also can you confirm that you only have US packages installed?
Steve
amb6
Cadet
Cadet

Post by amb6 »

Steve
Thank you for your response. I will try to answer the best that I can.
*First off, I The only AI traffic I see is that of my General Aviation and Airliner Traffic from Traffic X. I do not see any of the MAIW Aircraft at all. I have noticed that the Air Force Bases such as Hill AFB have changed to include the Custom added buildings and textures. So I guess it is safe to say that the Airports loaded correctly.
*Next, no other AI traffic installed other than what FSX installs, Traffic X installs, and what ever traffic files MAIW includes. I do not have the knowledge or the software, (that I know of) to build my own.
*Next, I used all of the downloads you had links to and the instructions you provided to do any conversions including the "Prop textures". I received the "Traffic File Conversion Report" stating that "The following traffic files were successfully converted for use with FSX" and listed the files in this manner (Traffic_MAIW Beale AFB_FSX.bgl) and listed what appeared to be all of the bases that I downloaded including the (Traffic_MAIW_Nellis_Humvee_FSX.bgl).
*Last, Yes that is correct I only downloaded the 8 or so US Bases and the hidded Easter Egg NTTR (Nevada Test and Training Range) inside the Nellis package and followed the same guidlines as the rest of the bases you set out for them.
I hope this helps.
Thanks, James
jon93
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by jon93 »

JohnBoy98 it doesn't even take that much effort thanks to the great support the lads at MAIW give and boy is it worth it when you get everything working.
Jon
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

amb6 wrote: I received the "Traffic File Conversion Report" stating that "The following traffic files were successfully converted for use with FSX" and listed the files in this manner (Traffic_MAIW Beale AFB_FSX.bgl) and listed what appeared to be all of the bases that I downloaded including the (Traffic_MAIW_Nellis_Humvee_FSX.bgl).
Let's make sure of two things, James.

1. Can you check that the converted traffic files are located in the <%fsx%>\scenery\world\scenery folder?
2. In case you have followed the suggestion of the guide to put the aircraft into a separate MAIW folder - have you registered this new folder in the fsx.cfg?

Code: Select all

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes 
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft 
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles 
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats 
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals 
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc 
You have to add another line at the end of this block saying: SimObjectPaths.X=SimObjects\MAIW
where x is the next free number 
Cheers,
Martin