Views: 709

Just glad its sorted, Jake.
by Firebird
21 Nov 2008, 13:55
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Indonesia
Replies: 4
Views: 338

Yep, I can confirm that the Hawks and F-16s for Indonesia have been done. We are one re-paint and a quick check on a afcad issue away from going into beta.
by Firebird
19 Nov 2008, 07:06
Topic: Tengah AB - Singapore
Replies: 52
Views: 3953

Yeah, its not the most intuitive. IMHO.
by Firebird
18 Nov 2008, 20:50
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Quick FSDS question
Replies: 12

Jake,
When you save it you have to alter the "Save as type:" from 'Text Documents' to 'All Files', otherwise it will automatically add a '.txt' to the end, and the problem is that there are too many dots. I think.
by Firebird
18 Nov 2008, 14:00
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: NAS Kingsville package by MAIW
Replies: 48
Views: 6514

In a word no, if there was was a problem to do with a deleted aircraft your planes wouldn't show up at all. Did you check up on what I was suggesting? Where is it that the planes are going to and from. The only reason I am aware of for planes disappearing after 10 miles is that its destination only ...
by Firebird
18 Nov 2008, 06:41
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: just a thought
Replies: 11
Views: 448

Some early harriers would be great, the gr.3's and the T.4's ?? or the sea harrier fa.2 and the T.8, sadly no longer in service? I asked Nick about these versions when he was in full Harrier production mode, but he said that he had no plans to do them. Whilst I would go with the adage of 'never say...
by Firebird
18 Nov 2008, 06:36
Topic: Tengah AB - Singapore
Replies: 52
Views: 3953

Scott,
If you search for 'Graham King Singapore' on avsim it will reveal itself to you.
by Firebird
17 Nov 2008, 21:53
Topic: NMAI F15 models
Views: 314

Mike, I have had a quick check and there doesn't seem to have been any schemes done for the MA ANG F-15C/Ds, for Nicks' models. However, Mark Walsh has done some excellent work on F-15 schemes for them and if you pm him he may very well be able to knock some up for you very quickly, he has been help...
by Firebird
16 Nov 2008, 16:11
Topic: NBAI F-15E problem???
Replies: 15
Views: 746

mins, I have checked the cfg file against mine, and the vanilla NBAI F-15E and found that it is the same, apart from the shockwave lights and the touchdown effect. I doubt that the shockwave lights are doing this so this leads me to think of the two most likely causes are :- 1. The NBAI_F15E_Strike_...
by Firebird
16 Nov 2008, 13:24
Topic: NBAI F-15E problem???
Replies: 15
Views: 746

mins,
It can be a number of things. If you were to attach a copy of the aircraft.cfg file that the aircraft concerned uses, then I will take a look.

I am presuming here that you would like some help.
by Firebird
16 Nov 2008, 09:16
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Hijacked CFS3 thread-Now a show off your dog thread
Replies: 27
Views: 998

Yeah, Mike, there is a great add-on where you can now fire HS missiles and they track targets, and there is a project on to extend this capability to BVR missiles as well. Its brilliant.

:oops: No wait that was a dream I had once, back in early April, I think.
by Firebird
14 Nov 2008, 21:50
Topic: Aircraft folder
Replies: 20
Views: 1077

Ford, I know what you mean so before it got too badly out of control I implemented a scheme where I keep all the decompiled files and raw files in their own directory. Yes it can take up some space but it make it a lot easier to update and search, plus you are only amending the original text files a...
by Firebird
14 Nov 2008, 21:39
Topic: Quick FSDS question
Replies: 12

The full name of the file is MakeMDL.parts.xml , youa re not trying to save it as MakeMDL.parts by mistake are you?
by Firebird
14 Nov 2008, 21:35
Topic: HTAI C-130's-messed up taxi light polygons
Replies: 19
Views: 771

I understand what you are saying, Mike. I still remember the saga over the P-3 lighting and I never noticed it during the Portuguese pack testing.

If you get overrun or need a second opinion, i will lend a hand.
by Firebird
14 Nov 2008, 18:10
Topic: USN and USMC Herks package by MAIW
Replies: 35
Views: 3587

Hi Victor, I think that you are trying to find out which packages those aircraft are from. If that is correct then there are two the MAIW USAF Seaboard ANG and the MAIW Dyess AFB B-1B Package . If you were to download them and install them manually, i.e. install them somewhere safe, then you will be...
by Firebird
13 Nov 2008, 14:21
Topic: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW
Replies: 208
Views: 17095

Well, then the next thing to check is that you have the Traffic_EGXC_FlyBy.bgl in your MAIW Coningsby scenery folder. If you use FS9 and it isn't there, or if the scenery isn't activated, that is your problem. if you use FSX and it is there, then you will need to convert it to fsx standard to work. ...
by Firebird
12 Nov 2008, 23:47
Topic: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW
Replies: 208
Views: 17095

Well there could be a number of factors, but lets start with the easy stuff?

Do you have the MAIW scenery installed?
Do you see the Jags on the ground, at all?
Do you see them taxi out and take off for the display as the readme says?

This will give us a starting point.
by Firebird
10 Nov 2008, 07:44
Topic: Extraction of cfg information
Views: 440

I don't know of any specific tool to do that, Daryl, but surely there must be a freeware text editor that will delete everything except 'title=' from a file.

It may even be possible from a macro is my guess.
by Firebird
09 Nov 2008, 16:22
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Shockwave Lights: Coordinates for MAIW models
Replies: 51
Views: 19119

Its an effect thing, not an AI thing. Its due to the makeup of the smoke effect and is visible for a brief period of time at dusk and dawn.

That's if its what I think you mean. It can look like its on fire.
by Firebird
09 Nov 2008, 16:16
Topic: Saudi Air Force Eagles package by MAIW
Replies: 21
Views: 2463

Brian, Well according to the afcad docs the AI and parking instruction system uses the afcads taxiway links and nodes to create the pink line. Now two things come to mind here. One the afcad was created with afx, so that might be why it doesn't appear. or possibly as it uses the taxiway designators ...