Search found 3260 matches

by John Young
04 Dec 2022, 15:56
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: "Where Eagles Dare"
Replies: 7
Views: 330

Re: "Where Eagles Dare"

Lovely screen shots again Pete. The landing light is the best I've seen, particularly with that upward arc in your fifth screen shot.

I really hope Asobo correct the problems with AI that SU11 caused and that we can get this and the Selfridge package out soon.

John
by John Young
04 Dec 2022, 09:20
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 355
Views: 31072

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Asobo, breaking the AI in SU11 is a huge disappointment, but I am resigned to the need to see what will happen by way of a fix or further development. Both Pete and I have invested so much time in trying to make AI work in MSFS, I am reluctant to see that effort wasted. That said, I will need a boos...
by John Young
30 Nov 2022, 07:21
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS
Replies: 41
Views: 1889

Re: Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS

I've already tested this Preston and it creates problems of its own:

https://militaryaiworks.com/forums/topi ... nd#p210038

SU11 seems to have broken MSFS AI further, so at the moment it doesn't seem to sensible to release any packages until that's fixed.

John
by John Young
23 Nov 2022, 06:46
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: UV maps
Replies: 5
Views: 155

Re: UV maps

I don't know ACM Miljan so I can't help there. What you could do though is copy the fuselage and wings etc from a good 3-view into your paint program as a separate layer and then use that for the position of the panel lines as a source to trace in another layer. That's what I do.

John
by John Young
22 Nov 2022, 16:19

Aha, I understand better now. You can't change the way the model is mapped. If it's a case of not knowing which areas of the texture are mapped to each part, then create a new temporary layer at the top of the stack. in that new layer, paint each part in a different bright colour. Convert the textur...
by John Young
22 Nov 2022, 11:47

I don't quite understand the question Miljan. UVW maps are created in the first place in the modelling program - Gmax or FSDS for example. Are you trying to edit the mapping because you don't have the source file for the model?

John
by John Young
22 Nov 2022, 06:16

Please ignore the problem I reported with pushbacks. I wasn't thinking straight - the fix was to kill the parked parts (engine covers, chocks, flags etc) before the pushback, not the pushback itself. The fix is doing it's job correctly. Departure timing though is still problematic, as reported.

John
by John Young
21 Nov 2022, 17:01

Yes indeed, I have read feedback on other sites saying the same thing, but nothing as specific as the problem I experienced, hence the need to test further.

John
by John Young
21 Nov 2022, 09:06

Alarm Bells are ringing! Have any of the Selfridge testers tried the addon after installing the SU11 (40th Anniversary) update please? The upgrade went very well in about 20 minutes, but I have since been testing Selfridge for about 4 hours now. It seems that the sim will only read one of the two tr...
by John Young
17 Nov 2022, 07:51
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?
Replies: 10

Re: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?

The conversion guide I have produced is 50 pages in length. It covers tools and other dependencies, folder structures, XML coding, conversion with MCX, PBR texturing, packaging through the SDK, setting up a test AFCAD, and testing. You will need a personal licence from Arno to enable MCX to do the c...
by John Young
15 Nov 2022, 06:41
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?
Replies: 10

Re: Possible to transfer P3D aircraft and flightplans to MSFS?

MSFS will read FSX-formatted traffic files, as is. The problem you have is converting the relevant AI aircraft. That is extremely complicated and I've invested over 1000 hours so far learning how to do that and I'm just about there. You can amend MSFS AFCAD files with ADE2020, but you will also need...
by John Young
12 Nov 2022, 09:42
Topic: Boeing-Saab T-7A Red Hawk
Replies: 6
Views: 335

Boeing-Saab T-7A Red Hawk

I have wanted to produce the T-7A for some time now, but the information to do it has been inadequate and somewhat confusing. However, things have become a little clearer with the aircraft lately and I have made a start. My intention was/is to build on an initial package for FSX and P3D (maybe for M...
by John Young
10 Nov 2022, 07:52
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Thoughts on FSLTL?
Replies: 7
Views: 220

Re: Thoughts on FSLTL?

Having spent over a 1000 hours this year on learning how to create for MSFS, I need to see the take-up of what we have achieved so far in order to justify that effort and do more. There's only me converting AI aircraft for MSFS. It's a complex process, particularly with PBR texturing, so I am not su...
by John Young
08 Nov 2022, 06:48
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Tim's Trials...
Replies: 26
Views: 1485

Re: Tim's Trials...

That's really nice Tim. You are certainly getting the hang of modelling now.

John
by John Young
29 Oct 2022, 14:50

Hurray! - with a suggestion from Pete, I have been able to kill the parked parts (engine covers, RBF ribbons, etc) on the KC-135's and A-10's before the pushback. It was actually quite easy in the end - changing "Beacon" to "Nav" in every appearance of the code in each model xml ...
by John Young
28 Oct 2022, 05:58

Not for the KC-135 because that would mean re-creating the whole texture sheet, since up-sampling would kill the definition - about 30 hours work. We also need to remember the download size penalty with these large textures, as well as the potential impact on frame rate.

John
by John Young
28 Oct 2022, 05:51
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 355
Views: 31072

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

I've installed both. The "AIGround" program pauses the AI aircraft for about a minute and a half after pushback for better realism. The aircraft still pushes back with parked parts, like RBF ribbons and engine covers visible, but they disappear at the end of the pushback rather than waitin...
by John Young
27 Oct 2022, 06:26

Well done Steve. I can confirm that my Traffic Variety was set to "Ultra", which explains why I could see the aircraft and you and Preston couldn't. I have added that parameter to the settings section of the manual. It was a straight lift from the Lakenheath manual that Greg wrote, so he w...
by John Young
26 Oct 2022, 07:38

Hi Preston, Just to be sure, I downloaded the Selfridge Beta1 package, a few minutes ago, from the same link I sent you and replaced the 3 folders in my Community folder with the ones in the zip. Everything is fine: https://i.imgur.com/1Xh1L47.jpg Just check through the enablers that are listed in t...
by John Young
24 Oct 2022, 16:00

Hi Preston,

Thanks for offering to test Selfridge for me. I have PM'd you a temporary link to the files.

John