Search found 2302 matches

by John Young
30 Jun 2020, 08:48
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: AI Disappears after refueling
Replies: 8
Views: 460

Re: AI Disappears after refueling

What does ATC say? I had a similar problem a few months back trying out an old FDE. The aircraft wouldn't move at the scheduled time. I eventually discovered it didn't have a radio section in the aircraft.cfg file so couldn't get clearance. Having added it, it then departed fine.

John
by John Young
30 Jun 2020, 08:44
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Spangdahlem A-10's
Replies: 8
Views: 525

Re: Spangdahlem A-10's

Well done Edwin, I know from our correspondence that you have been learning and working hard on these.

My only suggestion for improvement might be to lower the opacity of the panel lines a tad if you think they are a bit heavy.

John
by John Young
30 Jun 2020, 05:36
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Eurofighter Typhoon
Replies: 137
Views: 4479

Re: Eurofighter Typhoon

Thanks Hartwig. I finally confirmed the 2 tanks + 2 IRIS-T QRA fit, only by looking at the colour of the rings on the missiles in one of the links you posted. They indicated live (brown and yellow). I wasn't expecting that because it's a very light load for QRA. In other pictures, particularly for B...
by John Young
29 Jun 2020, 20:40

Thanks Hartwig, that's really useful. I want to limit the number of Luftwaffe models to 8, as I did for the RAF, so I am going to opt for: Single seat: - 2 tanks + 2 IRIS-T (will also serve Austria). - 2 tanks + 1 IRIS-T + ACMI (very commonly seen in photos). - 2 tanks + LDP (Recce). - 2 tanks + 4 P...
by John Young
29 Jun 2020, 07:16

Thanks Dale, I've now added the LDP to the Brimstone model. Can any of our German members help me understand the Luftwaffe Typhoon load-outs please? I've spent a good few hours studying photos and videos, but I'm just not confident on what to model. The standard day to day load-out seems to be 2 win...
by John Young
28 Jun 2020, 16:54
Topic: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster
Replies: 152
Views: 7919

Re: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster

Oh my goodness. Firstly, welcome to the Forum and long may you continue here. These are fabulous repaints, beginner or not, and the care you have taken to display them is great to see. Well done indeed. Thank you for sharing them.

Will you be uploading them and in what format?

John
by John Young
28 Jun 2020, 08:58

The 8 RAF Load-outs are all done. I've decided on: - FGR4 standard - FGR4 standard with airbrake on the runway (to be assigned sparingly) - T.3 Standard - T.3 Standard with brake chute (to be assigned sparingly) - FGR4 Paveways and Litening pod - FGR4 Paveways and Brimstones - FGR4 Storm Shadows - F...
by John Young
26 Jun 2020, 20:35
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?
Replies: 21
Views: 1083

Re: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?

I don't have P3Dv5 myself so I can't explore what's happening with afterburners. If people could keep an eye on that and say a bit more that would be useful please. I don't have any P3D Typhoons made yet so there's no hurry. I'm hoping that I won't need P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 versions with different AB tre...
by John Young
26 Jun 2020, 15:35
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?
Replies: 21
Views: 1083

Re: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?

That's interesting Greg, thank you. The observation you made of the afterburner effects, was that with an embedded effect or one specified as a light in the aircraft.txt file please? Does what you have found mean there is a difference between how P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 displays the afterburner effect? John
by John Young
26 Jun 2020, 05:28

ado, looking back over your history of posts, you have asked over 50, FS9 , "is there going to be", "when will" and "what about"- type questions and you have had one warning. Every time you do that for my projects, you try to send me in a direction I may or may not want to go in. Please stop doing t...
by John Young
25 Jun 2020, 16:39

Ado, Ian is not the least bit interested in Coningsby for FS9. I don't think he even has FS9 any more. Just be satisfied that you will be getting new Typhoons to use with the current FS9 Coningsby.

John
by John Young
25 Jun 2020, 14:16

Not possible to say. We have the 4 base models ready and the FDE built, but we might need up to 40 model variations for the countries using the Typhoon x 2 for FS9 and FSX/P3D. There's nearly 600 paints to do (1200 for the 3 sims), then the sceneries need setting up and flight plans created to place...
by John Young
25 Jun 2020, 05:29

The scenery is Ian's old FSX RAF Coningsby for now. It was released in 2010 I think and is in the Download Hangar. I know he's producing a new version for P3D.

John
by John Young
24 Jun 2020, 15:03

It took longer than usual to get the base models converted for FSX and P3D, a) because there are two of them and b) because some of the animation and parts of the FDE didn't port well. It took a whole weekend to sort it, but all is fine now. These are the aircraft in FSX: https://i.imgur.com/vKbqn4E...
by John Young
22 Jun 2020, 12:07

No ado, what I am producing are Typhoon packages for several countries. I'm not venturing into "mission creep" to provide any other aircraft that might frequent the airfields used in them. That's not to say there won't be an RAF Poseidon package from someone, but at the moment I'm concentrating on t...
by John Young
22 Jun 2020, 08:04

I'm sure they will Gary, but not at the moment. I'm stuffed full of Typhoons at the moment.

John
by John Young
21 Jun 2020, 20:54

Thanks Ian. I'll PM you the spreadsheet of serial numbers in the morning.

John
by John Young
21 Jun 2020, 14:55

In that case Tom, I'll leave it as is. I've enough to do with the Typhoons at the moment.

John
by John Young
21 Jun 2020, 13:55

Tom, try and avoid using objects from a variety of third party libraries outside of the MAIW generic ones. It's a pain for users to have to find them and install them. I have lots of weapons site objects that I made for airfields like Marham and Bentwaters. The frame rate friendly way of making whol...
by John Young
20 Jun 2020, 19:38
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Gmax Material Navigator
Replies: 3
Views: 241

Re: Gmax Material Navigator

Glad that worked Jon and you are back in business.

John