What a lovely screen shot Martin.
by John Young
12 Sep 2019, 14:25
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Catalina PBY for Water Operations - FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4
Replies: 24
Views: 885

Re: Catalina PBY for Water Operations - FS9 and FSX/P3Dv4

Yes indeed, I had to physically weld the gear up on the Catalina and on the Shinmaywa US2 water model too.

John
by John Young
09 Sep 2019, 08:02
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 338
Views: 18617

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Thanks for the feedback, I used dxtbmp and integraded the Alpha Channel to the texture, but it still didn't show the windshield glass. Also, how do you make the roundels for the paints and is it possible to swap colors in photoshop? Because It looks like the Mylar on the pictures are similar to the...
by John Young
08 Sep 2019, 15:39
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: Brian Clarke's Scenries
Replies: 4
Views: 185

Re: Brian Clarke's Scenries

This is the list from Brian's RNAS Yeovilton, as an example: GENERIC LIBRARY OBJECTS Default MAIW ATSUGI OBJECT LIBRARY MAIW EGXC OBJECT LIBRARY MAIW RAF Coningsby v1 MAIW BEAUFORT OBJECTS LIBRARY MAIW ABO LIB OBJECTS All MAIW packages MAIW GGSE OBJECTS LIBRARY Most US packages MAIW BRITISH MILTARY ...
by John Young
08 Sep 2019, 13:46
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: Brian Clarke's Scenries
Views: 185

Re: Brian Clarke's Scenries

The problem might be with the third party libraries that Brian has used quite extensively. Some are now included in the MAIW Object Libraries, but there are probably some that are not. We won't necessarily have permission to convert those unfortunately. There's a few objects I made for Brian, but fe...
by John Young
08 Sep 2019, 06:36

Good job. Just check that you have incorporated the alpha channel into the texture - the cockpit glass doesn't appear transparent, but it might just be the direction of the light in your screen shot. The Mylar film on the side of the fuselage is also too dark. On the Bangladesh aircraft it actually ...
by John Young
04 Sep 2019, 19:39
Topic: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's
Replies: 23
Views: 846

Re: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's

Not from me I'm afraid. The third sentence of my first post explains why not for the RAF Sentinels. The main purpose of the project was to produce the Sentinels for Paul. The E-11A's were a bonus. I would imagine that anyone with an interest in and knowledge of flight operations Kandahar would alrea...
by John Young
04 Sep 2019, 09:36

Re: RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's

All packaged and uploaded. As always, please give Greg a chance to make the files available.

John
by John Young
04 Sep 2019, 05:53
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: P-51 Contrary Mary - Request
Views: 338

Re: P-51 Contrary Mary - Request

I thought you were progressing with painting Brandon. You have already painted chequers on the Crusader (what happened to that?) and the ones on G-TFSI are no different to do in principle. I had an initial concern that they might not wrap around the fuselage because the mapping is side on only and t...
by John Young
03 Sep 2019, 16:34

RAF Sentinel R1's and USAF E-11A's

Just leaving my production line are the 5 Waddington-based RAF Raytheon Sentinel R1’s, or to be more precise, 4 Sentinel R1’s, since one has been withdrawn from service and is now in storage: https://i.imgur.com/sIkzEeJ.jpg The aircraft were produced for Paul, who is revamping my old FSX Waddington ...
by John Young
01 Sep 2019, 15:29

Nice paints Dale. Well done.

John
by John Young
30 Aug 2019, 07:28
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Thanks for the KC-130 Japan Package
Replies: 22
Views: 638

Re: Thanks for the KC-130 Japan Package

Blue for inert, yellow for live I believe.

John
by John Young
29 Aug 2019, 05:45
Topic: NASA C-130 Repaint
Replies: 18
Views: 587

Re: NASA C-130 Repaint

Open both paint kits in Photoshop. Copy the white airframe layer In the 130CG paint and paste it into the 130H paint kit. You will need to grab the layer and move it to align over the top of the existing Canadian blue/grey airframe layer. Once aligned you can switch off or delete the Canadian layer....
by John Young
28 Aug 2019, 06:17

Actually, I've just checked that and the C-130H model has only sideways mapping for the fuselage so it should be very straight forward indeed.

John
by John Young
28 Aug 2019, 06:03

That looks pretty straight forward jetrange, but you will need a bit of trial and error to line up the underside of the diagonal stripe, because it's mapped from beneath. Glad to see you are having a go.

Looking forward to seeing the paint.

John
by John Young
28 Aug 2019, 05:54

You didn't make me unhappy John, just surprised that for P3Dv4 you would be content with a degraded texture, given the quality of the graphics in that sim version. I'm really glad that you have learned how to paint from a layered paint kit. It must be satisfying for you to learn a new skill and It's...
by John Young
26 Aug 2019, 13:46
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 79
Views: 3839

Re: Thoughts on the next project

Good to record it here Miljan. I'm also going to add a suggestion from Steve for the Pakistan AFJF-17 so I don't lose it and also the LC-130H recently mentioned.
by John Young
26 Aug 2019, 07:05

Good to see you are getting there John. You convert the texture in the same way you did for the Dxt5 as the source. Once you have the paint done in PSP, save a copy as a .bmp file. If you are using the paint kit it will be in 2048 x 2048 format. Load that into PSP and resize it (smart resize) to 102...
by John Young
26 Aug 2019, 06:57
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: MIL_COMABT or MIL_CARGO?
Replies: 3
Views: 118

Re: MIL_COMABT or MIL_CARGO?

MIL_CARGO is assigned in my aircraft.cfg file and that should tally with all the scenery AFCADs that Brent has produced for the models.
by John Young
26 Aug 2019, 06:50
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 79
Views: 3839

Re: Thoughts on the next project

I'm just starting the texture mapping stage for the new project Miljan, so it's certainly invalid for the time being. However, I want to review all the suggestions for the project after that one, and what's in this thread will be really useful. It might be helpful to spill the beans on the current p...