Search found 2070 matches

by John Young
24 Jan 2020, 09:01
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: AI sounds
Replies: 3
Views: 184

Re: AI sounds

Afraid not. You can customise the global default sounds for the various engine types in FS9, but you can't have local soundai folders. That facility was introduced for FSX.

John
by John Young
24 Jan 2020, 06:09
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Augusta Wesland AW139
Replies: 104
Views: 8368

Re: Augusta Wesland AW139

Why not learn to do this yourself Asdro? Plenty of people here will help you get started.

John
by John Young
23 Jan 2020, 20:49
Topic: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster
Replies: 120
Views: 4400

Re: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster

With what scenery ado4567?

John
by John Young
23 Jan 2020, 17:34
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 49
Views: 2824

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

I don't know if Alpha India are represented on the SDK alpha testing panel, but perhaps a joint approach to Microsoft for representation might be useful. You can make the case for expertise then in both civil and military AI. The knowledge between the two parties must be phenomenal.

John
by John Young
23 Jan 2020, 08:51
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Maxwell AFB
Replies: 8
Views: 487

Re: Maxwell AFB

Sorry, I think I've just realised what you need. It's the paint kit that I produced for Brent for the Japan C-130H's that also has USAF livery.

If you concur, I'll upload the file to my cloud server and send you a link. This is what the sheet looks like:

John
by John Young
23 Jan 2020, 07:14
Topic: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster
Replies: 120
Views: 4400

Re: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster

The Strikemasters that I'm going to include in the Jet Provost packages are all done. There are 16 for each of the Royal New Zealand and Royal Saudi Arabia Air Forces, all numbered up at my test airfield: https://i.imgur.com/7W8EFYT.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Uv01dLC.jpg There are two models - loaded a...
by John Young
23 Jan 2020, 06:40

I'm confused jetrange.

I'm not clear what "different details than the texture that's on the paint kit" means?

If you have the "JYAI_C-130H.psd" paint kit, what is it that you want to paint but can't?

John
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 21:31
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: How can i use the models of AI ships of Henrik Nielson in FS9?
Replies: 11
Views: 291

Re: How can i use the models of AI ships of Henrik Nielson in FS9?

I was thinking it might be possible to run the FSX model through ModelConvertorX and output it as an FS9 model. You would need to have the FS9 SDK installed (you need Makemdl.exe). I just tried one of my FSX models to see if it would convert that way but it didn't (Invalid X file). You have to get i...
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 18:07
Topic: Mirroring parts in Gmax
Replies: 6
Views: 175

Re: Mirroring parts in Gmax

Excellent. If you started with a New Year's resolution, then in that time you have made really good progress.

John
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 17:27
Topic: How can i use the models of AI ships of Henrik Nielson in FS9?
Replies: 11
Views: 291

Re: How can i use the models of AI ships of Henrik Nielson in FS9?

You may be on a hiding to nothing asdro. FSX models have at least 3 features that FS9 doesn't like. The first is that the material settings that control how the textures are displayed. They are far more detailed than in FS9 and are not recognised. That should stop the model appearing. The other two ...
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 17:13

Yes indeed, Gmax is a voyage of discovery. Glad you have "Detach" cracked.

Have you managed to "collapse" overlapping nodes? That and "slicing planes" is a must for aircraft design.

John
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 16:16

I think the problem is that my "H" models don't include a variation with the "bunny ears" sensors on top of the fuselage or the blister sensors on the rear as featured on 357th Airlift Squadron aircraft . If you could confirm that's what you need (and any other absent features you spot) I'll generat...
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 15:36
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 160
Views: 7780

Re: Thoughts on the next project

Many thanks.

John
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 06:44

Hi Jon, looks like you are progressing well. You are right to "mirror" from the command panel, not the top ribbon. This is a simple object (part) made up of two boxes attached together: https://i.imgur.com/YKUQSOl.jpg To separate the right box from the other one, click the "elements" button (highlig...
by John Young
22 Jan 2020, 06:17

Thanks Brent. I can make both types. I'll need the serial numbers later, but hold fire for the moment until I have something to paint.

John
by John Young
19 Jan 2020, 17:03
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: A versatile boy.
Replies: 2
Views: 293

Re: A versatile boy.

Very good Mins, but have you tried to produce LODs for the Lynx/Wildcat, or will this model be single LOD only too? If you can learn how to make LODs before moving on to the next project that would be a huge step forward. It's not difficult. To summarise the tutorial I posted for you: group, clone, ...
by John Young
18 Jan 2020, 21:40
Topic: Thule AB - Greenland (BGTL)
Views: 257

Re: Thule AB - Greenland (BGTL)

Colin, You can't make 3-D models directly out of 2D pictures. You need to create a model using a 3-D modelling program like Gmax, 3D Studio Max, FSDS, Sketchup etc. Once you have the model made you then texture it, either by painting it yourself or by applying surface images from a photograph of the...
by John Young
18 Jan 2020, 17:23

Roger that.
by John Young
18 Jan 2020, 15:44

Ah, sorry about that. Thanks then to Jetmax and a diversion of question 1 - would you care to upload the FS9 version or should I include them in the C-2/E-2 package when I get to that stage please?

John
by John Young
18 Jan 2020, 06:36

Thanks Jetrange. Steve sent me your FS9 files for Point Mugu and they look great in the sim. So that means we have all the scenery covered for Norfolk and Point Mugu for all 3 sim versions. Would you care to upload the FS9 version (it's only two files since the MAIW Global Object Libraries include t...