Search found 2740 matches

by John Young
Yesterday, 14:46
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Agusta Westland Wildcat
Replies: 19
Views: 1299

Re: Agusta Westland Wildcat

The helicopter overlays are all done for Yeovilton and working well. I'm grateful to Brian who is modifying the scenery to bring it up to date. I decided also to make the nearby scenery of RNAS Merryfield which is a satellite to Yeovilton and used for training flights. There's not a lot to it, but i...
by John Young
09 Apr 2021, 20:43
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Seaking Reloaded
Replies: 50
Views: 2957

Re: Seaking Reloaded

I don't think I have any unshared models Laurent, just a lot of models that I have shared, which makes finding some specific ones sometimes time consuming. There's no hurry to test the packages, I didn't want to leave that temporary download link open for more than a few days. So long as you have no...
by John Young
09 Apr 2021, 15:53

Yep, I said it was complicated Hartwig, I think the Ark Royal Task Force package came later.

John
by John Young
09 Apr 2021, 10:29

Thanks Henk, that would be useful.

John
by John Young
09 Apr 2021, 06:47

OK, I think I have the revised package sorted. Before I upload it to the MAIW Hangar would the people who have asked for the HC4's please download it from my cloud server and see if they can set up everything successfully. This is the link that I will leave active for the next few days: https://btcl...
by John Young
08 Apr 2021, 20:40

Laurent, the problem with my ships packages is that there have been several iterations over time, especially for HMS Ocean. I have searched both Avsim and Flightsim.com using my name and looked at every package I've uploaded there, but I could not find the AI Sea King HC4 and Sea Harrier Operations ...
by John Young
08 Apr 2021, 16:02

After 3 hours searching, I finally found the required files on my old PC under my "MAIW" collection, not the usual "JYAI" because the Sea Kings I made are an enhancement to the original MAIW ones. The package is for FS9 only, called "AI Sea King HC4 and Sea Harrier Operation...
by John Young
07 Apr 2021, 15:42

I'm completely stumped by this one after an hour searching, here and at Avsim. I concur with what Hartwig is saying and that there are no HC4's in the packages he mentions. I have the zip that Steve refers to that does have HC4's, but it doesn't have a manual (or flight plans) in it. There are likel...
by John Young
07 Apr 2021, 05:51

I have the FS9 version of the HC4's, but I think you want FSX/P3D. I've checked the conversion of the Elvis/JYAI Sea Kings that Henk did, but the HC4 is not included. The answer then is probably No.

John
by John Young
02 Apr 2021, 16:15
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Pau woe
Replies: 3
Views: 156

Re: Pau woe

If the telegraph poles are autogen Jon and they probably are, try turning your density setting down to normal or below. Removing telegraph poles are a pain. They can't be done with exclusion rectangles and hence scenery layering won't help. Someone skilled with SBuilder might be able to remove the p...
by John Young
02 Apr 2021, 08:25

Just a quick update. The gear leg animation has worked really well. I was able to simplify the keyframes and now I have the movement through the sponsons and compression that gives a nice springy take-off and landing in conjunction with the animated lift, not just in FS9, but in FSX and P3D too. I'm...
by John Young
31 Mar 2021, 06:52
Topic: Aerospatiale Gazelle
Replies: 159
Views: 9046

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

Thanks Jon, Attached are replacement traffic files with the flight number and altitude corrected in the second leg. Regrettably, I made the same format error in both the French and UK sets and these were carried over to FSX too. If you discover parking conflicts between the main AFCADs and the overl...
by John Young
28 Mar 2021, 11:28

Just so the "most ugly" aircraft competition doesn't get out of hand in this thread, here's a few shots of some work I have been doing, working with Brian, to bring his RNAS Yeovilton scenery (home of the Wildcats) up to date. Thanks also to Dave for some information that has helped me do ...
by John Young
25 Mar 2021, 21:09
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Transparency
Replies: 7
Views: 877

Re: Transparency

I should have said, the glass and the airframe materials are two separate entities, with their own numbers.

Try my Blackhawk FDE and see if that improves the stability.

Do you have an animated lift working?

John
by John Young
25 Mar 2021, 16:56
Topic: Issue with John Stinstrom libraries
Replies: 72
Views: 1809

Re: Issue with John Stinstrom libraries

Looks like you might be stuck then.

John
by John Young
25 Mar 2021, 16:31

Have you tried a Google search of "FSX SDK"? It's the obvious thing to try.

The third result I got when I tried it, is what you are looking for I think, but you must have the Microsoft SP2 patch installed.

John
by John Young
25 Mar 2021, 11:27
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Huey.
Replies: 20
Views: 1197

Re: Huey.

Mins, in the test model you sent me, MCX will not convert the pilots and gunner. I know you said you made them yourself, but how are those polygons different to the rest of the model? Because I can't convert the crew i can't check the polygon count. How many mesh polygons do the crew + soldiers take...
by John Young
24 Mar 2021, 22:20

Sorry I assumed this was for FSX. FS9 transparency and reflection is much easier. I've e-mailed you my settings.

John
by John Young
24 Mar 2021, 21:35

Jon, Once I've closed this, I am going to extract a canopy from one of my models and e-mail you the part. Merge the part into your Gmax model. It will import the transparency material already applied. Select your canopy and apply my material. Next change the name of the .bmp in my material from mine...
by John Young
24 Mar 2021, 15:47

You save the file as an AD project file (File/save airport). You export to a .bgl file by clicking the "Compile" button top right. In both cases you will need to specify the path to the saved folder. Better if you read the manual first. You can't really navigate ADE by intuition.

John