Search found 3114 matches

by John Young
Today, 14:58
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Graphics issues with trees
Replies: 2
Views: 66

Re: Graphics issues with trees

You have a frame rate of 10fps, which is unusable. What is the scenery and what sim version is it for?

John
by John Young
Today, 14:52
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI F35
Replies: 11
Views: 335

Re: JYAI F35

Geurtse75, which F-35 version are you looking at and what is the name of the texture in each of that version's texture folders?

John
by John Young
Yesterday, 21:23
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Air Force One/Marine One schedule
Replies: 7
Views: 216

Re: Air Force One/Marine One schedule

I think that Brent already did that for The Whitehouse, at least for FS9. It's the same procedure that you already know for ADE, but the grass runway needs to be about 300ft in length to work with AI helicopters with an animated lift, as mine do.

John
by John Young
20 Jan 2022, 21:57
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Air Force One/Marine One schedule
Replies: 7
Views: 216

Re: Air Force One/Marine One schedule

FS9 models won't generally break P3Dv5, but FS9 traffic files will cause other traffic not to show until you convert them.

You can use my FSX Presidential models of the Osprey and H-60. Search the Download Hangar for "HMX-1" and "Blackhawk Family" respectively.

John
by John Young
19 Jan 2022, 17:21
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 476
Views: 30591

Re: Thoughts on the next project

Ambient Occlusion is quite easy with XNormal Tim. I wrote a short tutorial somewhere. I'll dig it out and check it over and then send it to you.

John
by John Young
19 Jan 2022, 15:31

We haven't quite reached that stage yet Tim, but Pete has directed us to "Materialize" to produce the PBR textures and looking at it, it seems reasonably straight forward. They are set up in the conversion process, not in Gmax. What I don't understand yet is how, for example, "Materia...
by John Young
19 Jan 2022, 09:38

Since I was asked the question elsewhere, I just wanted to report that I have nothing new at all planned at the moment. Having purchased MSFS 12 days ago, I have been happily exploring the sim and have been busy working with other members here to learn to convert FSX native aircraft for use in it. I...
by John Young
18 Jan 2022, 21:54
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Norton AFB
Replies: 9
Views: 314

Re: Norton AFB

I bet that did Tim. How many hours did you fly it for?

John
by John Young
18 Jan 2022, 10:22
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Finland becomes new F-35 customer
Replies: 17
Views: 573

Re: Finland becomes new F-35 customer

If real world news is to be posted, it should have some relevance to what we do here. Advising that specific aircraft can now be deleted from flight plans is fine. Actual new arrivals might be useful in suggesting a new AI project or paint, but long term procurement and speculative intentions are no...
by John Young
17 Jan 2022, 15:45
Topic: JYAI F35
Views: 335

Re: JYAI F35

Why don't you just try one and determine for yourself whether you are right or wrong?

John
by John Young
17 Jan 2022, 15:42
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Lockheed T-33A / Canadair CT-133
Replies: 21
Views: 881

Re: Lockheed T-33A / Canadair CT-133

Well done Henk, that's terrific.

John
by John Young
14 Jan 2022, 07:55
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Oopps!
Views: 403

Re: Oopps!

No problem, I saw the PM straight after I posted here. I've spent an hour on the contact points this morning and I've sent you some revised values.

John
by John Young
13 Jan 2022, 20:10

Is that the same aircraft that jonnyjolly is using?

John
by John Young
13 Jan 2022, 15:56

John, if you can tell me where to download Oliver Fishers Buecker 131B jungmann model, I'll test it for you as you have it and also with my Tiger Moth FDE if I need to.

John
by John Young
08 Jan 2022, 06:22
Topic: JYAI A-6 Intruders
Replies: 16
Views: 760

Re: JYAI A-6 Intruders

I sent the Intruders for inclusion in the Download Hangar this morning. One package for FS9 and the other for FSX/P3D. Both packages are aircraft and textures only. No scenery or flight plans are included.

John
by John Young
07 Jan 2022, 14:49

Re: JYAI A-6 Intruders

Most of the airframe and animation was already done with the Prowler. The Intruder needed a new nose and cockpit, fin and a few other bits and pieces like the load-outs. Most of the work was in researching the right photographs and painting. No, the fuselage airbrakes are not modelled. Even if a wor...
by John Young
07 Jan 2022, 10:48

John's thoughts are on MSFS at the moment.
by John Young
07 Jan 2022, 10:46

JYAI A-6 Intruders

I have the Intruders all done for FS9 and FSX/P3D. There are a set of 5 models for the earlier grey and white USN paint scheme and another set for the later two tone grey scheme, that features the TRAM ball under the nose. Both sets include a land-based wing fold option. There are also 2 carrier mod...
by John Young
05 Jan 2022, 21:13

I thought it was. In any case, I want to take some time next to explore MSFS after the Intruders are completed.
by John Young
04 Jan 2022, 07:08

Thanks Dave. Yes indeed, from all that I've read, the A-6 surely packed a punch - so much so that I'm fighting polygons to keep the loadouts manageable. I've just finished painting up 10 Intruders from VA-196, including 501 and 506 from the film and got them into FS9. I'm using 3 models for the earl...