Search found 31 matches

by crashtruckchuck
13 Mar 2015, 16:17
Forum: MAIW Non Package Releases
Topic: NBAI Airbus A400M Version 1
Replies: 80
Views: 11517

Re: NBAI Airbus A400M Version 1

Perhaps you could post a picture or two of the model you made for comparison?
by crashtruckchuck
09 May 2013, 20:53
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Oldies and goldies
Replies: 13
Views: 739

Re: Oldies and goldies

Is there an actual AI KC-135A out there? I've been using the HJG A models in a retro set up on my machine. They eat up a lot of frames when they're on the ramp with anything other than a bare base and a Cessna or two. I have also seen some B-52's in the forums. Anyone have a suggestion of which mode...
by crashtruckchuck
04 Nov 2012, 20:08
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: New AI KC-135 Paintkit?
Replies: 11
Views: 1051

Re: New AI KC-135 Paintkit?

I would love to get a copy of the paint kit as well. I was planning on requesting one myself but felt odd asking for one for whatever silly reason. If I could have a PSD copy I would really appreciate it a ton. Thanks!
by crashtruckchuck
27 Feb 2012, 17:35
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: MAIW aircraft with working tail hooks and folding wings?
Replies: 3
Views: 481

Re: MAIW aircraft with working tail hooks and folding wings?

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that's why I asked if I missed something, seeing those are wet and most if not all the others are dry. I'll just sit back wait and be patient, lot's of different things have been popping up lately. You never know what could come out of the factories here.
by crashtruckchuck
27 Feb 2012, 04:20
Topic: MAIW aircraft with working tail hooks and folding wings?
Replies: 3
Views: 481

MAIW aircraft with working tail hooks and folding wings?

Hello MAIW world, I've been digging through every single MAIW package I have that could possibly have a Naval aircraft with a tail hook and folding wings. I know that Nick Black modeled a Finnish Hornet with folding wings, and the Tomcats are obvious with their wings but, are there any others that I...
by crashtruckchuck
18 May 2010, 17:30
Topic: Nick Black's Hornets
Replies: 1
Views: 419

Re: Nick Black's Hornets

Sorry... I am either stupid or blind or both :roll:
by crashtruckchuck
06 May 2010, 18:16
Topic: Nick Black's Hornets
Replies: 1
Views: 419

Nick Black's Hornets

I was just wondering if Nick made any other models with folding wings besides the Finnish package? Just wanna make sure I didn't miss anything that may have come about.
by crashtruckchuck
21 Feb 2010, 04:14
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: DSB/IRIS Tornado Paintkit
Replies: 0
Views: 112

DSB/IRIS Tornado Paintkit

I know this is a true AI website, but I am wondering if anyone would happen to have the paintkit(s) for the DSB/IRIS GR.4 and the F.3. I like to fly once in a while with my AI and like have a uniform squadron coloring instead of just whatever there is. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have l...
by crashtruckchuck
23 Jan 2010, 18:51
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Parking Ramp Markings
Replies: 21
Views: 1128

Re: Parking Ramp Markings

Mike, I did get to play with it alittle bit. You should concider this your first tutorial because from this I have figured how to make the intake warnings for some fighter bases and next I'll be working on a marshaling cordon for my "special cargo" parked out at a far off hot pad. My origi...
by crashtruckchuck
23 Jan 2010, 02:56

Mike, I don't even know where to begin to thank you. What took you a few minutes took me hours of confusion and frusteration. That is exactly what I was looking for, it fits perfectly into my airfield and I am just that much more happier. It also gives me alittle more insight into much more, like th...
by crashtruckchuck
23 Jan 2010, 01:06

Kevin- Thaks for that tip. That helps in trying to make the different textures under the aircraft. Mike- I tried your technique when you made the VIP carpets. All I end up with is a solid square. I'm trying to make a box, maye 25 x 50 to place at the nose of some of the C-5's I have. I used to be st...
by crashtruckchuck
22 Jan 2010, 20:58

Parking Ramp Markings

I have a question to pose, and I'm sure the answer is simple... I just haven't figured it out yet. Does anyone know how to place warning lines and intake warning and such on a parking ramp. There are usually white boxes about 50 to a 100 yards off the nose of the aircraft, usually reserved for maint...
by crashtruckchuck
25 Nov 2009, 00:47
Topic: CAF 2009 Century of Canadian Flight CF-188
Replies: 8
Views: 901

Re: CAF 2009 Century of Canadian Flight CF-188

Thank you for your response Nick. It's great to hear from the creator of the bug himself. After I repainted this and set it free in my own little piece of "simulated" airspace... I realized that the little things just are the way they are and it looks great on approach and... on the ramp i...
by crashtruckchuck
27 Sep 2009, 13:37

F4Nutter- Thanks for the insight! I've been racking my brain over this, trying every little trick I think I know. I decided in my best interest to put this one away for a little while to save my sanity. I kinda figured that no matter how I painted it... it's just not going to be picture perfect! Dam...
by crashtruckchuck
23 Sep 2009, 17:04

CAF 2009 Century of Canadian Flight CF-188

I saw this A/C on airliners.net and decided to try and paint it. It's in no way perfect, and is certainly harder that I thought it would be. I was trying to hone my repainting skills and I have run into a frustration or two. :x Hopefully someone may be able to shed some light on a question that I ha...
by crashtruckchuck
21 Sep 2009, 13:36
Topic: For a request
Replies: 2
Views: 317

For a request

I did up a few repaints that 2 friends/co-workers have requested... all of us are MAIW fanatics! They are VFA-86 on Nick Black's bug and VMFA-333 on Fernando Martinez's F-4. Probably going to work on the VMFA-333 for Nick's hornet... as that's the last and most recent airframe. Enjoy. VFA-86 http://...
by crashtruckchuck
21 Sep 2009, 13:24
Topic: JAI A-7
Replies: 39
Views: 2082

YAY Retro!!! Awsome paints, awsome model... can't wait!
by crashtruckchuck
19 Sep 2009, 17:39
Topic: Three questions...
Replies: 10
Views: 617

James, Thanks for the links. I have done that search many many times myself and came up with the same results. I kinda hold hope that "maybe next time there will be something new". I've checked those references against the Scramble.nl website and the Joe Baugher website. There are alot of ...
by crashtruckchuck
19 Sep 2009, 13:40
Topic: Three questions...
Replies: 10
Views: 617

Thanks! I have done up a few more for VMFA-224(AW) and a few for VFA-86 with the NH tail code. (i'm missing a few BuNos, but still on the hunt for them) I'm not sure as to the policies for sharing repaints, or if there are MAIW projects for these in the works but, I'll probably have these all painte...
by crashtruckchuck
19 Sep 2009, 13:22
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Clark AB Retro Phantom
Replies: 6
Views: 705

Victory, I'm glad it looks like I know what I'm doing! :D I seriously just started with the camo stuff like 3 days ago! I had alot of help with the Phantom a while back and unfortunatly had to rework a previous repaint for my own useage. I might have another go at making my own camo job for it soon....