The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 17 matches

by Stpaddy
22 Feb 2011, 15:35
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Texture Question
Replies: 3
Views: 552

Re: Texture Question

Thanks for your help - however, in PSP this appears only to reverse the serial when I place it on the starboard side which means the serial is back to front - although it is leaning towards the rear as required. In FSPaint it does the same. Very frustrating because I know it can be done as I used to...
by Stpaddy
22 Feb 2011, 14:03
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Texture Question
Replies: 3
Views: 552

Texture Question

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this but here goes anyway... I wish to place individual serials on some aircraft I am painting up. Trouble is they are in italics and the serial on the starboard side slants back towards the tail. I can find no way to reciprocate this but obviously it can...
by Stpaddy
12 Feb 2011, 00:29
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Fernando Martinez
Replies: 9
Views: 768

Re: Fernando Martinez

Hmm Didn't want to start an argument :( However, I understand both viewpoints. On the one hand (as I stated when I opened this thread) Fernando would deserve (and would receive) more credit than myself as he produced the original texture and I merely researched the aircraft involved and overpainted ...
by Stpaddy
09 Feb 2011, 20:45

The etiquette is straightforward: ...... Thanks Dan, I will continue to sit on them! That would be Martin Grossman (gsnde) over at The Owls Nest, he got permission to release the models, with ai plans and repaints, but as of yet he has not done so, hes probably still getting them ready 8) Thanks - ...
by Stpaddy
09 Feb 2011, 17:08

Hmm thanks for the info Mike. What is the 'etiquette' in a case like that? His models are still available so one must assume that he has no problem with people repainting them etc. Also, I remember reading in the MAIW forums about an AI F-104 and following a link to someones website who was going to...
by Stpaddy
09 Feb 2011, 10:40

Fernando Martinez

Hi there Could anyone tell me whether Fernando Martinez is still flight-simming as I thought I read somewhere that he had left the hobby? :( I am sitting here on over seventy 48TFW repaints of his F-4C/D and am getting on with those if the 81TFW. If I think they are good enough to release I will nee...
by Stpaddy
21 Feb 2010, 06:05
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FS Repaint
Replies: 4
Views: 468

Re: FS Repaint

Are you using Windows 7? I loaded this on my laptop and have had nothing but problems with FS Repaint. It will not save anything at all - the Integer Value is only one of the error messages I get. If I ignore the errors and try to save again it eventually asks me whether the file I am attempting to ...
by Stpaddy
17 Jul 2007, 22:55
Topic: Marham
Replies: 5
Views: 598

Right, that puts paid to that idea then.....!!!

:D :D
by Stpaddy
17 Jul 2007, 12:35
Topic: Marham
Replies: 5
Views: 598

Marham

Hi,

possibly not the correct section to post this.... :roll:

...but is anyone working on anything to do with RAF Marham - or Lossie for that matter :?:

Tim
by Stpaddy
23 Jan 2007, 00:30
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: UK Weapon ranges
Replies: 10
Views: 902

Just for the record, the QinetiQ Range off the west coast of South Uist in the Hebrides is also used for live firings.

:D
by Stpaddy
20 Dec 2006, 10:02
Topic: AI RAF Phantom FGR Mk.2's
Replies: 36
Views: 3118

Um, neither can I.

However, I am sure I saw the odd aircraft painted so when I was in the RAF as the red/blue roundels were applied from about 1972 onwards.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

:?:
by Stpaddy
20 Dec 2006, 00:45
Topic: USAF AI F-4's
Replies: 50
Views: 3919

I am beginning to run out of superlatives for what I have seen so far!

Can't wait for the finished products!

Yes I was aware of the white/grey RF-4C's (and F-4C's) but thought that they didn't 'count'!

:)
by Stpaddy
20 Dec 2006, 00:42

Hi igorski

Just wondering if there was a reason you left out the red/blue roundels out of the 54 Sqn package and only painted the Type D version?

:?
by Stpaddy
13 Dec 2006, 07:57
Topic: USAF AI F-4's
Replies: 50
Views: 3919

Excellent work igorski - have a 8) ! No, have 8) 8) The tail-codes I gave you are the 'wing codes' - to make your life a whole lot easier! CR - not CJ :oops: - of course it was When tail-codes were first introduced (can't remember when - late '60's I think) they were allocated to each squadron, Henc...
by Stpaddy
04 Dec 2006, 00:50

I very much hope so!!

Thanks for the excellent packages so far
by Stpaddy
20 Nov 2006, 18:00

Once I've done all the RAF ones. I'll do USAF ones on request. There were quite a few units in Europe in the early '70's. However the USAF had a fairly generic camouflage scheme, so for AI purposes I guess it would just be a case of adding the tail fin code which was in white, together with the las...
by Stpaddy
20 Nov 2006, 11:42

These are great Andy, :D

Have you any inclination to do the USAFE F-4C/D & E's to complement them?

:?: :?: :?: