The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 30 matches

by usb
13 Jan 2023, 01:43
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Aircraft Carrier Take Off and Landing
Replies: 4
Views: 423

Aircraft Carrier Take Off and Landing

I know how and have adjusted several of my aircraft carrier aircraft to land and stop in the trap zone by changing the drag coefficient in the primary flight dynamic section in the air file and now would like to get them to take off on a short run instead of flying level across the water as if it wa...
by usb
24 Dec 2016, 00:09
Topic: Carrier Landings
Replies: 63
Views: 4658

Re: Carrier Landings

Hey, everybody, this is still my thread and it is supposed to be on how to change an air file on what ever aircraft so to achieved a quick stop on landing which has been explained at the first part of this thread. Please take any and all off topics somewhere else. Please have a Merry Christmas as we...
by usb
22 Dec 2016, 22:43

Most not least did TheFoufure find what he was looking for? Even more fun I had a friend teach me how to add my own Aircraft Carriers as well around the world and making them airports as well for the AI Navy aircraft. I have over sixty myself but not an easy task, lot's of fun though when you finish...
by usb
22 Dec 2016, 21:17

Hello, Heve someone some modif air file for NBAI F/A-18A/B/C/D Hornet and NBAI F/A-18E/F Super Hornet for use in wet config on Carrier scenery. With a short landing and brutal stop, and fast and short takeoff ? If someone have that, can he share them here please ? Thanks a lot. I must be loosing my...
by usb
22 Dec 2016, 21:14

Sorry if I upset anybody. I was just trying to help the guy tweak his own air file to achieve the desired results. Where is all this negativity coming from anyway. Besides that this is a thread I personally started last July which from what I have seen as helped a lot of people including myself.
by usb
22 Dec 2016, 18:31

The needed change that I used is in the air file not the aircraft.cfg. It is in the Primary Aerodynamics section where is the *Cdg Drag Coefficient-Spoiler+= +98 or what ever you might have is changed to *Cdg Drag Coefficient-Spoiler+= -14598. Don't forget the (-) sign. Works great! I forget the Mem...
by usb
22 Dec 2016, 15:55

I stand corrected TheFoufure. The modification to get the AI aircraft to stop in the trap zone was addressed right here in this forum. I found my copy. PM me and I will either send it to you that way or give my private email and get it to you that way. It is pretty cool.
by usb
22 Dec 2016, 15:25

Don't believe the short tale off has been achieved yet but you can get the aircraft to stop in the arrestor zone by changing the air file. You will need a utility I use air152up. Go to this forum and research the same topic. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php At one time One of the members ga...
by usb
19 Apr 2016, 14:54
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: HMS7 Ark Royal
Replies: 1
Views: 176

HMS7 Ark Royal

I downloaded the Ark Royal file with tha ai but there is no flatten file so I created one but still the carrier sits on a mountain of water. Can someone help me? I have tried it on a clean FSX install so there are no other interfering add ons.
by usb
24 Apr 2014, 23:18
Topic: MAIW Aircraft List
Replies: 2
Views: 227

Re: MAIW Aircraft List

That would be the one! Thank you!
by usb
24 Apr 2014, 22:18
Topic: MAIW Aircraft List
Replies: 2
Views: 227

MAIW Aircraft List

I had the link for the list of all the military aircraft MAIW uses (not packages) just aircraft but can't find it. Can anyone help me out?
by usb
28 Aug 2013, 22:12
Topic: Texture Files
Replies: 1
Views: 181

Texture Files

Have always wondered, some packages come with a couple texture files (NBAI Weapons2.bmp, NBAI Brake_Chute.bmp) I see they go into the main texture folder. What are they for and what would I be looking for? What about the need for them when converting the files for use in FSX? By the way, L have all ...
by usb
25 Apr 2013, 06:12
Topic: AI Afterburners
Replies: 5
Views: 468

Re: AI Afterburners

I thought you might notice. Since you seem to have more knowledge then I on design am I correct in my deduction on the AB timing? I am rather novice with the design aspect of both FS9 and FSX but I like to add my own Military AI and private airshows. The Commercial stuff I just use WOAI which I coul...
by usb
25 Apr 2013, 05:15

Re: AI Afterburners

So, sat the fx_f16_ab.fx effects file has 17 [Emitter] sections all say Delay=39.300, 39.300. Change all 17 the same say 60.000, 60.000 and this would extend the duration from the prescribed Lifetime=0.50, 0.50 longer then 50 seconds more like over one minute?

Mike G.
by usb
25 Apr 2013, 01:31

AI Afterburners

I read somewhere you can change the length of time the after burners stay lit and I can't remember what to change the [Emulator] line or something. I was looking for something else a got a glimps forgot where. Any help?
by usb
19 Aug 2012, 13:22

Disabled security measures, turned off firewall, disconnected from internet ran all night with no interuptions.
by usb
17 Aug 2012, 05:07

Contacted the Geek Squad have paid support highly recommend them for people like me anyway, he found my moniter display was at 16 bits not 32 thought that would do it might have caused other problems as well don't know how it got changed default is 32 bits. It is a crash he said and windows just min...
by usb
16 Aug 2012, 16:03

No, when I press P it just pauses the program. Last night I let the program run at KSEA and it stayed up on screen until about 2:00 am I woke up and changed the scenery to PWAK where I have some Midway AI running and when I awoke at 6:00 am the program had minimized but was not on pause. Just brough...
by usb
16 Aug 2012, 04:15

I am also experiencing some trouble with Windows7 after about an hour or so of watching the AI come and go the program minimizes and paused. Unchecked pause on task box now just minimizes. Did this a couple times while I was flying as well. Doesn't happen on the other computer with XP. I pretty much...
by usb
14 Aug 2012, 15:06

I have another question. Is it safe to use the flyable aircraft as AI aircraft, without changing the cfg. or airfile? I'm getting random program crashes and I have looked for duplicate afcads and bum texture files though they are somtimes hard to find and it's a real drag to remove and reinstall the...