Search found 7 matches

by Sophie_Westenra
11 Nov 2013, 15:33
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Instant Scenery V3
Replies: 23
Views: 1300

Re: Instant Scenery V3

John, If it's a one off and you can't find room on the main texture sheet then by all means a second small texture is the way to proceed. Much of what we do is personal choice and in saying that their is no right or wrong in that regard. Most people I think like to have all there bits and peices kep...
by Sophie_Westenra
11 Nov 2013, 07:25

Would a separate small Texture file for canopies have an undue effect ? Yes, every extra texture sheet has a compiling effect as it needs to load in the simulator as a draw call but for AI aircraft, the canopy texture sheet in pixel size can be very small and you can add that to the main FS texture...
by Sophie_Westenra
10 Nov 2013, 10:10

Steve, It would suggest going by John's observations that you have at least one poorly made AI at one or both of those Airports. As it would be very highly unlikely for MAIW to have packaged a poorly made AI, you are most likely looking for an aircraft/s that you have downloaded else-where. It sound...
by Sophie_Westenra
09 Nov 2013, 16:26

I agree, the best way to make scenery is to continually test the output as you progress. You will notice any large hits as your producing it. If you’re worried about frame rates with AI on the ground then simply add some parking to an afcad early in the development stages and assign some AI to sit o...
by Sophie_Westenra
09 Nov 2013, 10:10

That is fine John; I'm not in disagreement with your personal view of the product. I’m just one person whom has enough some self control to handle the products huge capabilities without being in fear of it destroying my simulator experience. I would not advocate that mip maps not be included on AI a...
by Sophie_Westenra
09 Nov 2013, 04:44
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: HEADS UP!!!
Replies: 6
Views: 629

Re: HEADS UP!!!

I believe some major Internet Service Providers (at least Downunder) are also now helping to catch and prevent the spread by not letting it past there servers. If it looks sus, then the email is stopped dead and the recipient does not receive it. Down side is that more and more of your legitimate em...
by Sophie_Westenra
08 Nov 2013, 16:21

I’ve never been a great fan of instant scenery-type programs, firstly because of the difficulty of keeping track of object libraries and secondly the extremely bad effect on frame rates if you overdo it. That said, it’s a very good tool to get a quick result if you don’t want to spend 6-24 months d...