Search found 19 matches

by smoky
02 Feb 2021, 14:13
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW MPAI Lockheed F-104 Starfighter Conversion Support
Replies: 4
Views: 587

Re: MAIW MPAI Lockheed F-104 Starfighter Conversion Support

A huge thankyou to Henk, Martin and everyone involved with this fantastic F104 conversion. They look and perform fabulous. That AB effect is spot on. I really appreciate all the hard work (and skill) you've put in. Absolutely fantastic work. Well done and thankyou.

/Russell.
by smoky
04 Oct 2017, 09:08
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: OwlAI has gone live with the first four F-104 AI packages
Replies: 85
Views: 10300

Re: OwlAI has gone live with the first four F-104 AI packages

Thanks for the quick answer Martin. I really hope you can convert the Mike Pearson models too, as I hate having my Italian air bases looking so empty now I've moved to P3Dv4.

Cheers,
/Russell.
by smoky
03 Oct 2017, 21:00
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: OwlAI has gone live with the first four F-104 AI packages
Replies: 85
Views: 10300

Re: OwlAI has gone live with the first four F-104 AI packages

Are these fabulous F104 packages going to be updated for P3Dv4 ?

Cheers,
/Russell.
by smoky
04 Jan 2009, 08:51
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: AI parking
Replies: 17
Views: 923

Sorry for the delay Giorgio. Thats strange, I sent it at 6.17pm last night, with no indication that it had'nt been delivered. I could'nt remember where I got it...but now I do. It's the official AB of the virtual 22Gr-51St available at... http://www.starfighterteam.com/html/ Click on free download/o...
by smoky
03 Jan 2009, 18:18

Bismarck......check your email.

Russell.
by smoky
03 Jan 2009, 14:38

Firebird is checking the Afcads out..but it appears you guys have hit the nail on the head. I put a hold short on each of the exits the two aircraft use...and it's done the trick. Can't thank you all enough for the excellent advice and knowledge. I would never have sussed it out in a hundred years. ...
by smoky
03 Jan 2009, 13:30

Hi Bismarck,
people coming to my house are like bus's. no one for ages...then they come one after the other just when you least need them.

Yes, I do have an Istrana addon....LIPS2007.ver.1

Russell.
by smoky
03 Jan 2009, 12:28

I know there are a lot of seemingly unneccesary hold shorts on LIPS, but not on the route the AI takes. Would that also affect LIPR though?. 'cos I have'nt touched that, and that worked perfectly before.

Russell.
by smoky
03 Jan 2009, 11:48

The flightplan is what I changed...and the LIPS Afcad to give dedicated parking slots.

Russell.
by smoky
03 Jan 2009, 10:53

AI parking

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea as to where I've gone wrong. Two Tornadoes + three F104's flying Rimini-Ghedi, worked perfectly. I then changed it to Rimini-Istrana. Now, both Tornadoes park in the same slot...and the F104's do the same. I have five dedicated parking slots, but thr...
by smoky
21 Dec 2008, 19:50
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI landing distance
Replies: 15
Views: 972

I really appreciate all the comments and advice I've received. However, although the F104's fly OK, and are more than suitable for the purpose...their landings leave a lot to be desired...they almost nosedive onto the runway. Given my very limited knowledge on these things, I think I'm better leavin...
by smoky
21 Dec 2008, 17:23

Thanks for the replies. Can't remember the details, but I seem to recall reading somewhere that altering the taxi speeds can cause other problems, but I don't know enough about the subject to make a legitimate comment. As I see it...my problem is caused by the Tornado's slowing to taxi speed JUST af...
by smoky
20 Dec 2008, 17:13

Thanks for the advice. I've been experimenting a bit...but have come to the conclusion that I don't know what the hell I'm doing. What confuses me is, I have two Tornados from the Italian package flying with the F104's (highly realistic touchdown and roll out...well done MAIW ) Trouble is, they stop...
by smoky
20 Dec 2008, 09:56

Thanks for that Paul. I tried to get that last night...but members only. I'm a bit pushed for time today, but will try to sign up later.

Russell.
by smoky
20 Dec 2008, 09:10

thanks for the swift reply. The F104's are from a Memmingen scenery by Klaus Jone... on Avsim...the F104 is credited to Rey Lopez, Gunter Kirchstein, Erick Cantu, Gary Smith, Dennis Seeley and repainted by Andreas Kruschwitz. I used it because, as noted elsewhere on the forum, AI 104's are as rare a...
by smoky
19 Dec 2008, 23:11

AI landing distance

Hi, as 95% of my simming is on the c9f104, I set up a flight of 4 AI f104's to fly Rimini-Ghedi-Rimini in order to practice formating on them. The problem I can't solve is the landing at Ghedi...and the recovery back to Rimini. The AI F104's land as though they've trapped the wire in an arrested lan...
by smoky
19 Dec 2008, 23:09
Replies: 0
Views: 73

AI landing distance

Hi, as 95% of my simming is on the c9f104, I set up a flight of 4 AI f104's to fly Rimini-Ghedi-Rimini in order to practice formating on them. The problem I can't solve is the landing at Ghedi...and the recovery back to Rimini. The AI F104's land as though they've trapped the wire in an arrested lan...
by smoky
07 Dec 2007, 09:08
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Italian Air Force Tornado Package by MAIW
Replies: 34
Views: 3922

Hello Kevin, can't thank you enough for sharing your knowledge with me. Although writing new flight plans is out of the question for me...ie, I have'nt a clue how to do it. I followed your advice and changed all the LIPL's to LIPC. Now Cervia is very busy with the Tornado's. Many, many thanks. Regar...
by smoky
07 Dec 2007, 00:08
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Italian Air Force Tornado Package by MAIW
Replies: 34
Views: 3922

Change home base

Hi, as a complete novice when it comes to AI, this may be a silly question...but...is it possible to change the home base of the Italian Tornado package ? I mainly use Rimini lipr and Cervia lipc and would love to populate either of these bases with some Italian mil. aircraft. F104's would be the id...