Search found 2358 matches

by VulcanDriver
14 Sep 2006, 20:12
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Rhino
Replies: 79
Views: 7193

Oh wow.. Stop teasing :D Looking forward to all the varients being released soon...

John
by VulcanDriver
13 Sep 2006, 19:35
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: B-1B performance
Replies: 1
Views: 276

B-1B performance

Can someone tell me what the following are for the BONE please?

cruising speed

climb rate (ft/minute)

descent rate (ft/minute)

landing speed

TIA

John
by VulcanDriver
11 Sep 2006, 15:56
Topic: I'm off!!!
Replies: 27
Views: 1064

Be safe Nick, I'll be thinking of you (and all the guys and gals of the various nations who are over there)

John
by VulcanDriver
09 Sep 2006, 07:51
Topic: US Tanker and Transport relocations.
Replies: 7
Views: 471

I felt the same when the RAF was "forced" to combine Bomber Command and Fighter Command into Strike Command.

There is a lot of history (and for us Brits) pride in these two commands, especially Fighter Command who saved us from Nazi invasion in the Battle of Britain.

John
by VulcanDriver
08 Sep 2006, 21:34

Stewart Pearson wrote:Hi John,

Is the 100th ARW moving? They have been at the "Hall" for years.

Stew
Just wondering how the new USAF hybrid units will affect the 'Hall'. I guess we will see a greater variation of tanker units there?

John
by VulcanDriver
08 Sep 2006, 17:38

Do you know which units will be at RAF Mildenhall? I guess they will be on a rotation basis?

John
by VulcanDriver
02 Sep 2006, 18:31
Topic: RAF Nimrod down in Afghanistan
Replies: 6
Views: 496

RAF Nimrod down in Afghanistan

14 British servicemen are reported killed when a Nimrod recon a/c crashed in Afghanistan. I do hope nobody from this forum were involved.

British Ministry of Defence are saying it was not due to enemy action.

John
by VulcanDriver
02 Sep 2006, 15:54

Steve Ritchey flies an F-4 in his Mig-killer markings. He was at the Offutt airshow a couple of years ago. Not sure who owns the airplane though. :?: The late Mark Hanna who, along with his father Ray (who founded the Red Arrows in 1965), created the the warbird collection at Duxford, (now named th...
by VulcanDriver
31 Aug 2006, 16:06
Topic: The State of our Military Forces.
Replies: 13
Views: 1008

Well at least it looks like we've found some brains and decided to buy a 5th C-17 soon. Hope we buy the other 4 too. Those things are awesome and I know the Army won't dare give them up now. That doesn't look like its going to happen, Nick. Boeing has given an ultimatum to the the US Congress, comm...
by VulcanDriver
29 Aug 2006, 20:29
Topic: Outsourcing: Even the tanker fleet isn't exempt.....
Replies: 17
Views: 1144

Hi Vulcan Driver, I get a kick out of your quote of Duncan Sandys. It is interesting today that Iran is saying it will have the capability to fire nuclear missiles from submarines. That is a function of the missile not having the legs to get to a target. The Soviets understood that when they built ...
by VulcanDriver
29 Aug 2006, 13:01

Flight Refuelling based at my local airport (EGHH) have a contract to convert six airliners into tankers, they've done one (a DC-10), but I don't know the operator.

John
by VulcanDriver
24 Aug 2006, 12:16

Back during the 1980's I read that the British Govt was considering selling our tanks and APCs to a vehicle leasing firm, and then renting them back in times of war. Thankfully the British Army top brass showed them the errors of their ways. Some wit said that British Army fighting vehicles would ca...
by VulcanDriver
23 Aug 2006, 11:47

Very nice. Thank you that will look nice in the IAF AI package as part of the IAF reserve fleet.

John
by VulcanDriver
16 Aug 2006, 15:28

The RAF F-4's got chopped up I'm afraid, except for those in officially sanctioned museums and those used for ground targets. The CAA (the UK equiv of the FAA) has banned the private ownership of airworthy F-4's. I saw a collection of nose sections, from the rear cockpit forward, at a disused airbas...
by VulcanDriver
16 Aug 2006, 12:39
Topic: F-15 vs F-5
Replies: 33
Views: 1544

Has the F-15 ever been up against a MiG-29 or Su-27? The Luftwaffe flew MiG-29s after the wall came down and I was wondering if they tested them against USAF F-15s based in Germany?

John
by VulcanDriver
16 Aug 2006, 12:37

Can I have an Israeli F-4E please... :wink:

John
by VulcanDriver
14 Aug 2006, 19:46
Topic: F-15 vs F-5
Replies: 33
Views: 1544

F-15 vs F-5

I watched a video of a F-15 prototype taking on two F-5's in a mock dogfight. The F-15 lost. The commentator said it was touch and go if the F-15 would be selected for the USAF's new fighter. The F-15 also had a hard time in mock combat with a RSAF English Electric Lightning, winning simply because ...
by VulcanDriver
14 Aug 2006, 19:31
Topic: The State of our Military Forces.
Replies: 13
Views: 1008

I personally feel that both Bush and Blair thought Iraq would be a quick strike and then the Iraqi forces would takeover. However they miscalculated. I remember a US officer being interviewed on UK TV News about a couple of days into the Iraqi invasion. He pointed to some palm trees and said "t...