The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 360 matches

by SeanG
27 May 2020, 19:53
Forum: General Projects
Topic: How do you plan your projects?
Replies: 15
Views: 1425

Re: How do you plan your projects?

Thanks guys :) I left my question quite broad, as I wasn't really sure what I was asking! I guess I am trying to figure out a workflow from idea through to completion, which is what I do at work for my design/modelling. The big 'take-away' (I sooo hate corporate speak) is coming up with a scope, the...
by SeanG
26 May 2020, 05:35
Topic: How do you plan your projects?
Replies: 15
Views: 1425

How do you plan your projects?

This is a question, or discussion starter really, for both the established and beginning developers: I am most of the way through a modelling project, and every time I think I am done I find something else to add. So my questions are; - How do you go about planning a project. And do you define your ...
by SeanG
19 May 2020, 09:34
Topic: FS9 Westland Wasp HAS.1
Replies: 33
Views: 2579

Re: FS9 Westland Wasp HAS.1

The rabbit hole has become something of an interesting journey! As I said earlier; I wanted to model some ships for my Wasps to operate from, and HMNZS Monowai, an oceanographic survey vessel was my first subject... http://ta4ksim.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Monowai_New.jpg Tonight I had a cool m...
by SeanG
13 May 2020, 19:13
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Most wanted AI poll
Replies: 115
Views: 19031

Re: Most wanted AI poll

As Sean said of his Wasp, I can't imagine my subject being a popular one; if he reckons seven people in the world are interested in his Wasp, I reckon no more than six for my MFI-17. However, if anyone is desperate for such a thing, I will get to LOD's at some point, or PM me for a beta "as is...
by SeanG
24 Apr 2020, 10:58

Oh... and if anyone improves my RNZN paints... please share ;-)

SeanG
by SeanG
24 Apr 2020, 10:58

Gee you guys are quick!

http://ta4ksim.com/downloads/RNZAF_AI_W ... it_PSD.zip

If anyone else wants it ;-)

Just converted from PSP, so not tested in Photoshop.

Enjoy

SeanG
by SeanG
24 Apr 2020, 01:50

Small update has just been sent to the hangar. It fixes the side numbers on the right side being reversed....

I have uploaded the fixed complete package to the hangar, replace the previous download :)

SeanG
by SeanG
22 Apr 2020, 21:21

This was the Helo on my first ship in the RN - HMS Berwick a Rothesay class frigate. Great to see it modelled even if its only in FS9. Thankfully I was never asked to fly in one of them as they had an annoying habit of going swimming when you least wanted them to. We had a couple of Rothesay's down...
by SeanG
22 Apr 2020, 11:27

Best have a look at the Wasp before you ask for a Scout!

Maybe I’ll do a v2 with an interior.... and removable doors for aboard ops (because of the aforementioned habit of going swimming)...

SeanG
by SeanG
22 Apr 2020, 09:50

Thanks John, Yep, this was the original test-bed for the lift animation I sent you all those years ago... I thought it was time I pulled my finger out and actually built a model around those animations!! I should thank you for your tutelage over the years.. without which this would probably never ha...
by SeanG
22 Apr 2020, 09:31

FS9 Westland Wasp HAS.1

May I present my first complete AI Aircraft package for FS9 (only... sorry!) the 'So Ugly it's almost cute' Westland Wasp HAS Mk.1 This is my first Full aircraft package for a very long time.... so please be gentle with your critique ;-) I present my humble, simple Westland Wasp HAS.1, with 4 LODS, ...
by SeanG
27 Feb 2020, 19:50
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 59
Views: 5625

Re: Mother Russia

Thank you so much for putting this mammoth project together! I can see many hours of exploration in my future!

SeanG
by SeanG
09 Feb 2020, 20:05
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster
Replies: 172
Views: 18131

Re: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster

John, Your models are always amazing and hugely anticipated, but I have to say that the JP/Strikmaster pack is outstanding! Whether it is the fact that the subject is closer to my heart than most others or not I am not sure, but I absolutely adore this model! Flying formation with the JP's out of Cr...
by SeanG
09 Dec 2019, 22:02

To add another possible angle to this project.... Strikemasters are used as contract CAS Training aircraft with 'Blue Air Training' in the US. https://blueairtraining.com/ Could add a 'non-retro' aspect ;-)

Sean
by SeanG
08 Dec 2019, 19:19

Hi John, The Kiwi "Blunties' look awesome! Just for some reference, http://www.adf-serials.com.au/nz-serials/nzstrikemaster.htm So if you wanted to select active airframes from a specific era.... Even though you don't need them I now have the NZDF Official Paint and Stencil guide from the Centr...
by SeanG
06 Dec 2019, 07:21
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 41339

Re: Thoughts on the next project

\o/ woohoo!

I also have RNZAF paint charts here somewhere... and access to a real aircraft if you want detail photos etc....

SeanG
by SeanG
06 Dec 2019, 02:55
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 41339

Re: Thoughts on the next project

John,
I have an almost finished retro (1991 era) RNZAF Ohakea, and a list of airframes from that time period... if that helps give the Strikemaster a wee nudge ;-)

SeanG
by SeanG
12 Nov 2019, 20:28
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: FS2004 AI Jet Provost
Replies: 2
Views: 305

Re: FS2004 AI Jet Provost

I'd **love** to see a proper AI JP/Strikemaster <3

SeanG
by SeanG
29 Oct 2019, 20:26
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 72803

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

John Young wrote: 29 Oct 2019, 06:46 Thanks Sean, very helpful. I'm assuming this is for FS9, but do we know how the scenery fares in FSX and P3Dv4 please?
Yes it is FS9, but allegedly runs in FSX ok. I will do a quick test and check that out.

Sean
by SeanG
28 Oct 2019, 19:30
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 72803

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

NZCH Scenery Update: The best scenery (At least in my opinion) was produced by a team of locals, lead by John Haines. I have wrapped up the scenery adn uploaded it to my webserver, and have sought permission to re-distribute it. There are two packages; - One which covers a huge area of Canterbury, c...