Search found 9388 matches

by Firebird
31 May 2010, 15:58
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAAF BASE, EAST SALE, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
Replies: 33
Views: 1888

Re: RAAF BASE, EAST SALE, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA

fishlips wrote:This M113 Australian stetched version also comes in pink with purple poker dots.
I bet its quite a hit at parties :) .
by Firebird
28 May 2010, 19:12
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FS9 crash on start up
Replies: 18
Views: 800

Re: FS9 crash on start up

Cool. I am glad that you are making progress, even if it is slow.
by Firebird
27 May 2010, 23:15

Before I re-install FS9 I always copy or backup my FS9 partition. That way once I reinstall I can copy back over the top the important bits one directory at a time, if necessary until I find the problem. This method should enable you to very quickly be able to reinstall all your addon aircraft and s...
by Firebird
27 May 2010, 19:46
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Polish airforce plans
Replies: 55
Views: 2989

Re: Polish airforce plans

Somebody definitely has done the PolAF MiG-29s but only for the v1 model. I haven't seen any for the v2 model yet.
Dave Bernard has done the flight plans, poaf_mig-29_traffic.zip, on avsim and Mark Walsh has done the schemes, ai_polish_af_mig-29_s.zip, also on avsim.

Does this help?
by Firebird
27 May 2010, 18:57

How much memory does your PC have? I am wondering if its to do with the fact that you may have more memory than XP was designed for and that this is causing a problem for FS9, but I guess we should wait to see what Marco says. In the meantime try this as a potential solution http://social.answers.mi...
by Firebird
27 May 2010, 04:43
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI landing distance advice...
Replies: 23
Views: 1064

Re: AI landing distance advice...

Yeah, in the case of Marham and Coningsby etc the problem could be overcome by allowing the military 'one on, well down' landing clearance which FS just doesn't allow.
by Firebird
27 May 2010, 04:37

Does this crash happen everywhere or just at one location?

Is there a C++ runtime error message when it crashes or does it go straight to desktop?
by Firebird
26 May 2010, 06:21

The toe brakes scale was originally much higher....cant remember exactly what, but it used to stop very efficiently.Changed it to -0.05, seems to roll and slow down nicely then reach the predetermined taxi speed then vacate the runway, only prob is.....reverser doesnt seem to work now. Although you...
by Firebird
25 May 2010, 18:58

It really depends on the specific model that you are talking about. There are several ways that you can alter the landing roll of an aircraft and you have picked on one of them. The problem is that most parms will affect something else. The braking scalar is one of those that shouldn't affect anythi...
by Firebird
22 May 2010, 21:26
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: 70th anniversary
Replies: 6
Views: 292

Re: 70th anniversary

It appears that the whole site is down for maintenance at the moment.
by Firebird
22 May 2010, 07:22
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: 70th anniversary
Views: 292

70th anniversary

I know that some people like this stuff so here is the latest anniversary paints from the RAF http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/20 ... tfire.html
by Firebird
19 May 2010, 05:57
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Great Lakes Air National Guard Part 1 and Part 2 by MAIW
Replies: 90
Views: 12862

Re: Great Lakes Air National Guard Part 1 and Part 2 by MAIW

When a scheme is sized 1.33mb instead of 1mb this would indicate that it has been saved with mip maps. You can remove these if you like.
by Firebird
18 May 2010, 19:49
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Retro Phantoms
Replies: 81
Views: 4949

Re: Retro Phantoms

I had to download these as well :D .
by Firebird
16 May 2010, 07:40
Topic: AI Bell 412
Views: 819

Re: AI Bell 412

3404 polys for a LOD1 sounds like you have already reached your target weight. If you have been able to keep the original quality look and reduced the overhead to that amount I think that you have probably reached your stop point. I believe that good AI modelers tend to aim for >4k polys for LOD1. N...
by Firebird
16 May 2010, 07:32
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAAF BASE, EAST SALE, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA
Replies: 33
Views: 1888

Re: RAAF BASE, EAST SALE, VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA

Quality stuff, as always Mark.
by Firebird
15 May 2010, 10:43
Topic: Need some help?
Replies: 7
Views: 381

Re: Need some help?

There is an afcad for UUBW in the Eastern European Afcads series on Avsim, eeuafcads*.zip.
by Firebird
15 May 2010, 07:06
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: LARAF LIBYAN AIR FORCES
Replies: 21
Views: 1332

Re: LARAF LIBYAN AIR FORCES

Luciano,
I have downloaded the paints and they look good. The only other thing I have noticed is that the fuselage strakes, either side of the cargo door, are grey in the picture but white on your model.
by Firebird
14 May 2010, 19:28
Topic: Req CAF MAIW info please
Replies: 11
Views: 863

Re: Req CAF MAIW info please

Well the models are currently available by our very own Nick Black, F-18, Project AI, C-17, and A310, The Fruit Stand.
by Firebird
14 May 2010, 06:23
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: LARAF LIBYAN AIR FORCES
Replies: 21
Views: 1332

Re: LARAF LIBYAN AIR FORCES

That does look very good. The only two things that I would ask about is that in the picture the nose cone seems to be darker than the fuselage, where as in the repaint picture it looks lighter. Is this just a trick of the light? Also the real picture seems to indicate a green band around the fuselag...
by Firebird
13 May 2010, 05:54
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: SU27
Replies: 71
Views: 3665

Re: SU27

No you don't have to worry about that,Dan.
Only the mdl is used to determine the size for FS9. If any of the mdls have drag chutes, I haven't checked yet, then they would increase the size but you can always reduce them again with various tools.