The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 9373 matches

by Firebird
29 Dec 2009, 19:50
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Help! ntdll.dll error!
Replies: 10
Views: 545

Re: Help! ntdll.dll error!

Well apart from after the last time it worked OK, what have you installed. My question would be what does the Event Viewer give you on the crashes, I am assuming that you are using XP here. If you know when it started crashing I would try a system restore to before that point. ntdll is a core window...
by Firebird
29 Dec 2009, 07:50
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Nellis AFB CTD's support thread
Replies: 127
Views: 9307

Re: Nellis AFB CTD's support thread

Thanks, Ray. It would seem to prove that the CTD is indeed caused by a memory leak, and at least we can give people another option now, as well as promote other great freeware. For anybody else using wanting to try the photoreal scenery, be sure to use the normal, LR, version only as the readme for ...
by Firebird
28 Dec 2009, 20:23

Its interesting what Mark said, as both Mike and myself use the Las Vegas LoRes scenery from BlueSkyScenery and we don't have the CTD. I am going to try now with the photoreal disabled. UPDATE Amazing, we now have another cure. With the BlueSkyScenery Vegas active, no CTD, with it disabled, CTD. Bot...
by Firebird
28 Dec 2009, 09:50

Steve, I just loaded Nellis during the daytime and it works just fine! This is without the Dawn/Dusk smoothing option selected. I will look for and try to install the Easter Egg! Ray Thanks, Ray. So now it seems that the only person with an issue is Kurosaki, we shall wait to find out more from him...
by Firebird
28 Dec 2009, 09:42
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Andrew's Caribou is released!
Replies: 17
Views: 1119

Re: Andrew's Caribou is released!

There is always time for a KC-30, Rob. :D

How's that for encouragement. :lol:
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 22:57

btaylo24 wrote:If you have the no cd ""hack"" installed it won't work as well
You are right, I was hoping that I covered it but maybe I should have been specific here.
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 22:56

OK, Joseph.
Well once you have let us know if you have a problem or not, and whether the two known issues apply to you and if their fixes work.
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 22:51

Mike, One thing I can remember about the upgrade is that it has to be made on a clean system. If it finds that you have replaced any of the files that it wants to upgrade then it will blow out.
You basically have to do it straight after a fresh install.
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 22:40

FS9.1 was the official MS upgrade that they released some time ago, also known as FS9Update. It fixed a lot of bridge issues amongst other stuff.

If you look at the version tab of the FS9 icon properties, it will tell you.

I have attached the readme that FS9.1 upgrade installs into your FS9 folder.
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 21:43
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors
Replies: 15
Views: 829

Re: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors

I think that the fun part is going to be working out which scheme goes with which version/nation. Its funny how before we were quite happy with the one default and now we want perfection. :roll:

Do you have any guide that you used when producing this, Graham?
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 21:17

Thanks, Ray. Can you confirm that it loads OK during the day as well.

Oh and you should really find and install the egg, you will like it :wink:
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 19:14
Topic: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors
Replies: 15
Views: 829

Re: Henry Tomkiewicz C-130 Propellors

Oh that is quality, Graham.
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 17:58

(new guy here) I use Vista Home Premium (hopefully not for that much longer), 64-bit, with a run of the mill Intel-Integreated graphics card. Quad-core 2.33 ghz. Similar crash issues as everyone above: crashes with or without "MAIW_Nellis_AFB_Base_Poly_VTPP.BGL" and having dawn/dusk textu...
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 09:34
Topic: Nellis Air Force Base package by MAIW: Part II
Replies: 72
Views: 9390

Re: Nellis Air Force Base Package by MAIW: Part II

The message is one of those rare things that it is telling you exactly what it means SCENERY.CFG file error local scenery directory\MAIW\ Nellis AFB (KLSV)\ Alternate Ground Files\SCENERY\ in scenery area.245 not found is saying that you have activated the Alternative ground files folder in FS9 and ...
by Firebird
27 Dec 2009, 09:25

Excellent news, and again thanks to TJ for actually spotting this. We could have gone for months w/o trying this. @Johnny Test Could you confirm whether you use an Nvidia or a Radeon based card please. So in a nut shell it appears that some as yet unknown factors may cause Nellis to CTD with the Daw...
by Firebird
26 Dec 2009, 21:14
Topic: AIG PC-12
Replies: 20
Views: 837

Re: AIG PC-12

if anyone is interested i have re-serialed the remaining 6 airframes and they are ready for download, if anyone objects to this i will remove them pronto.( as i'm not the original painter i dont want to offend ). I would recommend that you get the OK from the original author, Ray. I know how proud ...
by Firebird
26 Dec 2009, 21:08
Topic: AIG PC-12
Replies: 20
Views: 837

Re: AIG PC-12

The AIG one is a 6 LOD, 2190 poly in LOD1, model, the older one is a 7 LOD, 1903 poly in LOD1, model. The older one is a PC-12 that has been painted up as a U-28, whilst the AIG one is U-28 version specific. There doesn't look at first glance to be a huge difference apart from the aerials on the mil...
by Firebird
26 Dec 2009, 20:38

Well that's some progress guys, although I am still at a loss as to why it happens to you guys but not to me, as I too use an Nvidia, GTX260, and the latest drivers 195.62 . Mike, what are you using? I would say try the very latest, as I did here of some bad things about version 191, unsubstantiated...
by Firebird
26 Dec 2009, 20:17
Topic: Combining Files
Replies: 5
Views: 302

Re: Combining Files

That is why it takes me so long to install a released package, the tidy up of old packages.
by Firebird
26 Dec 2009, 14:57

Guys,
Another thought crosses my mind. The only way that the CTD could happen to TJ and not to me with the dawn/dusk settings on is if it is a graphics card issue. Its weird enough to fit, so what graphics card do you use. Radeon or Nvidia based ones?