Search found 3541 matches

by John Young
16 Dec 2019, 15:13
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster
Replies: 172
Views: 18527

Re: JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster

That's looking very good and a very welcome sight because it means I don't now need to do it. Is it possible to compile the .bgls for FSX too? FS9 users can still use my old FS9 scenery. Any idea how many JP T.4's were used at Brawdy? So far I've only found 3 serial numbers. Brent came up with an ea...
by John Young
15 Dec 2019, 16:16

I bought the Warpaint book of the Jet Provost to help me along Steve. It's packed full of photos and beautiful colour plates. There's a nice shot of 6 T.4.s lined up at Shawbury, dated October 1971. JP years are stated to be 1970-1989 for that airfield. Barley grey T.4's were introduced at Brawdy in...
by John Young
15 Dec 2019, 10:15

I'm intending to produce T.4's for Cranwell, Church Fenton and the TWU at Brawdy (earlier camouflage and later Barley grey schemes). Progress so far: https://i.imgur.com/s3DvckP.jpg https://i.imgur.com/TrpTc4W.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Qmj1oge.jpg https://i.imgur.com/HRUX9Ey.jpg https://i.imgur.com/Kv...
by John Young
11 Dec 2019, 21:14
Topic: AI Vehicles
Replies: 48
Views: 5926

Re: AI Vehicles

Thanks for the suggestions asdro, but I'm up to my ears with Jet Provosts at the moment. Returning to vehicles after that is not featuring very high as a possibility at the moment. I'll need to see what use has been made of the ones I've already produced before contemplating any more.

John
by John Young
10 Dec 2019, 14:54

Thanks Henk. All working fine.

John
by John Young
10 Dec 2019, 07:24

No rush Henk and Martin. We've confirmed that the 4 converted airfields work in P3Dv4 so I can get on with other aspects of the project in the meantime.

John
by John Young
09 Dec 2019, 20:33

Thanks Martin, I'd forgotten about Dale's AFCAD file for my RAF Finningley, but having now set it up, I'm quite underwhelmed by what I did back then, 17 years ago. It was probably one of the first design exercises I ever did. It's not really fit for purpose in FS9 today and is problematical in FSX b...
by John Young
09 Dec 2019, 15:12

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. The 4 RAF airfields required for the T5's I've produced are: Cranwell, Linton-on-Ouse, Church Fenton and Finningley. Cranwell is fine with the ACG scenery in all 3 sim versions (P3Dv4 just needed the taxiway viz tweak). Linton and Church Fenton should be fine ...
by John Young
08 Dec 2019, 21:16

Thanks Sean, that was the serial number document I found. I'll make use of that.

The paint and stencil guide would still be useful. I have only the master paint at this point and that can be changed if I need to quite easily and better before I do the 16 paints rather than afterwards.

John
by John Young
08 Dec 2019, 09:28
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 42187

Re: Thoughts on the next project

Sean, don't worry about NZ serial numbers - I have found them. The nose tail numbers are just the last two digits of the serial.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I have created a new JYAI Jet Provost/Strikemaster topic with the first screen shots, so please post there from here on.

John
by John Young
08 Dec 2019, 09:24

JYAI Jet Provost and Strikemaster

Carrying on from the "thoughts on the next project" thread, here are the Jet Provost T5A's, T5B's and two Strikemasters. I'm using the period 1990-1993 for the paint schemes, at least for the RAF aircraft: https://i.imgur.com/pEgYNCR.jpg https://i.imgur.com/t4jaNiX.jpg https://i.imgur.com/...
by John Young
07 Dec 2019, 07:56
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 73900

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

The only large parking spots at KSCH are "mil_cargo" and the only large aircraft operating from there are the LC-130H's. The GA spots on the other side of the airport are coded accordingly and have a maximum radius of 65ft. The airport doesn't take large commercial aircraft so a problem sh...
by John Young
06 Dec 2019, 14:37

I have a NZ paint chart thanks Sean and I also have 12 of the 16 serial numbers but not the tail numbers. If you have complete list that would be great, but I can probably work out the gaps.

John
by John Young
06 Dec 2019, 07:06

Very good Sean, I was looking for a second Strikemaster to paint and since Steve has suggested it too, I'll make it New Zealand. If you have the serials and tail numbers please, that would be useful.

John
by John Young
05 Dec 2019, 21:03

OK, no problem. I'll do this in two stages then. I'll complete the T.5's, do what I can to set them up (I still have to research scenery) and then make the T4's. We can explore the favoured paint schemes a bit later, but TWE is probably a must. Incidentally, the T5's are not all red and white. I've ...
by John Young
05 Dec 2019, 15:31

That was so weird Del. I have the Warpaint book of the Jet Provost and was just looking at the Brawdy camouflaged T4 illustration while this screen was loading. I'll see how things go.

Thanks for the Arabic font for the Strikemaster.

John
by John Young
05 Dec 2019, 07:48

The reason I posted now was to test the water on the Strikemaster. I can see, so far, that’s luke warm, but I’m going to include the models (loaded and clean), a sample Saudi paint and a paint kit in case someone wants to generate more later. The RAF JP’s are also quite complex to pin down too becau...
by John Young
04 Dec 2019, 08:30

I would need to plan the texture sheet to accommodate the Strikemaster, Henk, so that's better done in conjunction with the RAF JP T.5's. Not a big deal. It's the painting that would be the big job. Maybe I just include the Strikemaster models for now with sample paints and a paint kit. There would ...
by John Young
04 Dec 2019, 06:53

Scanning through all the above suggestions, the most frequently mentioned are the Jet Provost/Strikemaster and the Lynx/Wildcat, but only with a handful of votes. Just exploring the former for the moment, the votes in the Owl's Nest poll are currently 171 for the JP and 104 for the Strikemaster. The...
by John Young
02 Dec 2019, 08:13
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: MAIW Hill AFB
Replies: 3
Views: 608

Re: MAIW Hill AFB

Matt, just be aware that the new JYAI F-35A has been painted and set up at Hill AFB. Not compatible with the old package of course.

John