The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3531 matches

by John Young
06 Apr 2019, 13:43
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Blackhawk Lazy Turns
Replies: 11
Views: 899

Re: Blackhawk Lazy Turns

The other thing to try is moving the tail wheel further forward, or the main wheels closer together, but not to the point where the aircraft tips over.

John
by John Young
06 Apr 2019, 07:58
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: xml code question.
Replies: 9
Views: 694

Re: xml code question.

Sorry Mins, I forgot a step in the taxi lights set up. You need to attach "Light_taxi" to a small polygon that I call "light_case" (no material needed), so you have: "Light_taxi_01" ----> "Light_taxi" ----> "light_case". "light_case" can be...
by John Young
06 Apr 2019, 05:11

Hi Mins, You don't need a custom block of xml code for tick18. It's already in the default FS9 xml. All you have to do is call the pilot head "tick18_head" and that will activate your animation. What you need to do is link the head to the pilot body, which is called "AI_Pilot". T...
by John Young
05 Apr 2019, 16:35

Hi Mins, That's a nice model and I'm pleased to see the transparent canopy. In FS9, the xml to make RBF ribbons disappear is this: <part> <name>parked_part_Nav</name> <visible_in_range> <parameter> <code> (A:LIGHT NAV, bool) (A:VELOCITY BODY Z, knots) 0 != || </code> </parameter> <minvalue>-1</minva...
by John Young
04 Apr 2019, 20:58
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Search repaint for MV-22B FSX
Replies: 6
Views: 468

Re: Search repaint for MV-22B FSX

A search of Patuxant River will find it:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... update-fs9
by John Young
04 Apr 2019, 19:14
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Search repaint for MV-22B FSX
Replies: 6
Views: 468

Re: Search repaint for MV-22B FSX

Well I've searched my hard drive and I have nothing for HX-21 Ospreys, not even for FS9. They clearly must exist in Hartwig's flight plans, but I'm stumped as whether they were painted and whether those paints were available for FSX too. Can anyone shed any light on these paints please?
by John Young
04 Apr 2019, 14:05
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Yokota Air Force Base
Replies: 18
Views: 2433

Re: Yokota Air Force Base

I plead guilty to aiding and abetting with the intent to supply Class 1 AI M'LOD.
by John Young
03 Apr 2019, 16:25
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Patuxent River 2018 Package conversion
Replies: 21
Views: 2717

Re: Patuxent River 2018 Package conversion

You can find the scenery here: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hangar/file-library/download/12-complete-ai-packages/1363-package-knhk-nas-patuxent-river-2018-for-fs9 It can be used with FSX and P3Dv4 if you modify it with the files in my F-35B package: https://militaryaiworks.com/download-hanga...
by John Young
30 Mar 2019, 16:25
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: P3Dv4
Replies: 12
Views: 1010

Re: P3Dv4

It is in the paint kit Ray, but I've attached it for convenience.

John
by John Young
30 Mar 2019, 13:17
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: P3Dv4
Replies: 12
Views: 1010

Re: P3Dv4

No fix is needed if the FSX models are used Ray. Just ensure you flip the alpha with the main texture if you are working with new repaints.

John
by John Young
29 Mar 2019, 15:45
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Aircraft not departing
Views: 867

Re: Aircraft not departing

If it's my AI Lancaster, the .cfg has a radios section in both the FS9 and FSX versions.
by John Young
29 Mar 2019, 06:18
Topic: Aircraft not departing
Views: 867

Re: Aircraft not departing

Which version of RAF Scampton is being used for the destination?
by John Young
28 Mar 2019, 18:39
Topic: FSX Battle of Britain
Replies: 170
Views: 7352

Re: FSX Battle of Britain

I'm shutting down for today now, so I'm assuming that you will find your xtomdl.exe file since you're saying it's an MCX problem. When you do, would you please right click the file name to bring up the properties menu. Open the "Details" tab. What version number do you have?
by John Young
28 Mar 2019, 17:30

For the third time of asking, when you look in your FSX SDK folder on your hard drive, and then in the modeling sdk folder, then the 3DSM7 folder and finally, the Plugins folder, do you see the xtomdl.exe file?
by John Young
28 Mar 2019, 07:10

MCX is easy to install - it doesn't even register with Windows. You just copy the downloaded files to a folder of your choice and run the .exe file to start the program. You do need Microsft.NET Framework V2.0 and V4.0 (Development Release) according to the installation notes, but if MCX has worked ...
by John Young
27 Mar 2019, 15:25
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 72614

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

You're so funny Giorgio! Maybe for a later tranche. Just wanted to thank airplanedoktor who works on the real thing. He's given me some really useful feedback on the shape of a few parts that I have now tweaked. I'm glad I posted when I did. Changing them after mapping, or through the LODs, would ha...
by John Young
26 Mar 2019, 20:57
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 72614

JYAI C-130J Specials

Following the inputs to the "next project" thread, I decided to press ahead with the C-130J specials. I'm not planning to make and paint every single example, but the two base models (short and stretched) I have just built (not yet textured and LODs to come after that) should enable a wide...
by John Young
25 Mar 2019, 21:12

When you look in your FSX SDK folder on your hard drive, and then in the modeling sdk folder, then the 3DSM7 folder and finally, the Plugins folder, do you see the xtomdl.exe file?
by John Young
23 Mar 2019, 21:29

All you have to do is determine where the FSX SDK is located on your hard drive. The files you need to point to in the path from MCX are the same as mine from there on.

Just tell MCX where those two files are.
by John Young
23 Mar 2019, 12:18

The two key paths for me are:

C:\Program files John\FSX SDK\SDK\environment kit\bgl compiler sdk\bglcomp.exe

C:\Program files John\FSX SDK\SDK\environment kit\modeling sdk\3DSM7\Plugins\xtomdl.exe