Search found 973 matches

by Weescotty
20 Jan 2008, 17:39
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: I'm Looking For...
Replies: 9
Views: 420

can you use normal FS a/c as AI iu was thinking of using FS2000 aircraft? Yes you can with mods to the FDE, but it has two MAJOR drawbacks - 1) High poly count 2) Single LOD 2 is particularly important - A single LOD basically means even if you are seeing the aircraft from a long way off it is stil...
by Weescotty
08 Jan 2008, 13:17
Topic: Let us introduce ourselves....
Replies: 25
Views: 2081

Kevin "Weescotty" Reed Too old to rememeber how old I am, born in Edinburgh, now back in Scotland after a very enjoyable 7 years or so in the States. Late starter with FS2000 but got bored flying around all by my lonesome. Came across PAI and suddenly the skies were full of other aircraft...
by Weescotty
07 Jan 2008, 15:55
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Alarm clock - Swedish style
Replies: 3
Views: 294

Alarm clock - Swedish style

Bit OTT :)

or

Just nipping down to the shops, back in a bit ;)

or

Cabs at the front door.
by Weescotty
02 Jan 2008, 17:52
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Resources for Modelling
Replies: 23
Views: 12408

Site with Russian Air to air and air to ground to air weapons, pics and line drawings.

http://www.wonderland.org.nz/
by Weescotty
30 Dec 2007, 04:55
Topic: State of AI 2007
Replies: 25
Views: 1292

Well........ I can promise the Gripen. Basic single seat clean model and LODs are complete, just LODing the weapons now. All the usual stuff from MAIW modellers, plus realistic working canards that also double as brakes during touchdown. FS2004 pic of it on the main page, just wait for it to come up.
by Weescotty
29 Dec 2007, 15:03
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Sheppard Talons Package by MAIW
Views: 1342

Awesome - these T-38s have the new canopy glass like the F-15s. Sweet! Would this model file be backward compatable with the T-38s that have already been released? Or would it require updated textures to get the nice glass look? This base sure is busy now that the tweets have some company. The othe...
by Weescotty
29 Dec 2007, 00:47
Topic: LOD Visibility Question
Replies: 14
Views: 741

Jake sent me his model and I was looking at it.

Couldn't work out what was going on.

This a bug in 3.5 or was it also in 3.0, as I have never had this happen to me?

[edit] I can confirm though that doing a 'Fix Surface Normals' DOESN'T fix this particular problem with his aircraft - I'm at a loss.
by Weescotty
27 Dec 2007, 13:31
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Conversations airline passengers normally will never hear
Replies: 23
Views: 1541

Don't remember it exactly but - A British Airways pilot who was a Lancaster veteren of WW2 landed at Berlin airport. He asked the ground controller for directions to the gate. The ground controller snapped back "Haven't you ever been here before?". "Yes" replied the pilot, "...
by Weescotty
13 Dec 2007, 12:48
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: New paint for the Viper
Replies: 16
Views: 900

Kevin do you have any tips for getting the camo lines to appear smoother, not so pixelated? Your's look pretty good. In trying to make camo textures for my Humvees, I still have issues with the camo colors showing too much pixelation. Few ways - Do it with non blurred edges then use blur or blur mo...
by Weescotty
12 Dec 2007, 23:04

HT's Viper.

Cant' post the texture, shoot me P.M. with your email.

Enjoy.
by Weescotty
11 Dec 2007, 23:06

Something along these lines ;)
by Weescotty
11 Dec 2007, 12:16

Watch this space :) .
by Weescotty
25 Nov 2007, 12:00
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Protecting the airspace.
Replies: 2
Views: 368

Nice.

I guess you'll be waiting for the MAIW AI version then,,,see below.

'Should' come in a variety of weapons loadouts.
by Weescotty
24 Nov 2007, 21:07
Topic: FSDS - Add Points
Views: 504

GrahamS wrote:Many thanks for that, will save me a lot of time. Couldn't find that in the manual though...LOL

edit: doesn't seem to work in v3.51 on my models.
Must make sure you are ONLY selecting 2 points.
by Weescotty
24 Nov 2007, 18:26
Topic: FSDS - Add Points
Views: 504

'Add points' is now and only ever has been available in template mode. Nope, it is also available in point mode. Choose two points Click add point Adds a point midway between the two selected points. Only way I've found of using it outside of templates. IMPORTANT - Delete the poly that is associate...
by Weescotty
23 Nov 2007, 13:46
Topic: New Packages
Replies: 19
Views: 1213

Glad someone knows what's going on.
by Weescotty
26 Oct 2007, 15:13
Topic: lights on Sasala's ea6b
Replies: 1
Views: 238

I believe the lights are built into the model and can't be changed without modifying the model, something you can only do with access to the source file.
by Weescotty
22 Oct 2007, 17:04
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Still at it/ Humvee scenery object thread
Replies: 45
Views: 2286

Well I'm having a blast right now. Not sure my wife appreciates me hogging the desktop computer so much. :P But once you get on a roll you want to keep going. One thought I had was to create AI versions of some of the vehicles and have them "drive" around on the roads I've created around ...
by Weescotty
21 Oct 2007, 12:21
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Still at it/ Humvee scenery object thread
Replies: 45
Views: 2286

MIKE JG wrote:Ha ha............

I gotta learn to do LODs for my stuff. I just need to sit down and figure it out.

You can do LODs for scenery in FSDS correct??
LODs for scenery were 'broken' in FSDS 3.0, don't know if they were fixed for 3.5.
by Weescotty
18 Oct 2007, 16:22
Topic: Buff
Replies: 59
Views: 4702

Hey John, thanks for the heads up, but I don't have that model. I also think that there is probably something in the actual model along with some xml coding that allows this. Weescotty has suggested a method for doing this but I don't know what it is and have not been able to find the thread. Its p...