Views: 3378

Texturing coming along nicely :)
by Weescotty
29 Nov 2006, 21:17
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: White Rocket
Replies: 58

Looking good. Don't forget the airbrake, on the underside to the rear of the main undercarriage. 2800 polys is great, mil aircraft are always higher than airlines because of the complex shapes. To do the texture layout I'll need the model, can also add the canopy animation ;) . Give me a break form ...
by Weescotty
25 Oct 2006, 05:33

Thanks Wee for the link. Those drawings are miles ahead of what I've been working with. Can you tell me more about "smoothing groups" :? ? I've missed that tool somehow. Thanks for the offer to help...some of my questions will probably seem very basic. Smoothing groups - When you apply sm...
by Weescotty
24 Oct 2006, 19:37

Whew thats another one off the list. Mike had mentioned it to me a while ago and during a lul I had had a tinker with the T-38. Yup there are some real subtle curves on it, remember you can use smoothing groups to enhance some of the curves. If you get stuck on anything let me know. I'll Put this on...
by Weescotty
04 Oct 2006, 02:16
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Base wish list.
Replies: 30
Views: 2388

Holloman AFB - Need a home for my Nighthawks.
by Weescotty
04 Oct 2006, 00:44
Topic: FSDS Light textures
Replies: 9
Views: 599

Well I'm getting there - Parts (landing lights) where the alpha channel is white show up. Part (all others NAV etc) where the alpha channel is black, don't show up. GOT IT - alpha channel must be named alpha, for some reason my paint prog was naming it colorkey - colorkey DOESN'T work. Naming it alp...
by Weescotty
02 Oct 2006, 06:11

The lights themselves work fine.

Problem is I need some light flares on the fuselage and intake grills.
Can't seem to make the WSAI_F117A_L file work.
by Weescotty
02 Oct 2006, 00:34

Didn't work :( .
by Weescotty
01 Oct 2006, 19:31

My bad, was a typo -

Texture names are -
WSAI_F117A.bmp
WSAI_F117A_L.bmp

The lightmap doesn't show up.

Visible part of the lightmap is black with the light cones on it, alpha channel is white with the lightcones in black. So they should show up with light switch on, they don't.
by Weescotty
01 Oct 2006, 01:19

FSDS Light textures

OK, I give up, how the hell do you get then to show up in FS2004.

i.e
main - WSAI_117A
light map WSAI_F117A_L doesn't show up AT ALL.
by Weescotty
19 Aug 2006, 02:30
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: The State of our Military Forces.
Replies: 13
Views: 1007

Typical M.O.D. thinking - Lynx AH1 - All the Army pilots who had gone to the U.S. had come back with glowing reports on the Apache and told the M.O.D. - "We need the Apache" What the M.O.D. do? Buy the Lynx AH7 then the AH9 to prop up Westlands. Finally get Apaches when the deal is they ar...
by Weescotty
18 Aug 2006, 04:08
Topic: F-15 vs F-5
Replies: 33
Views: 1544

Oh don't get me wrong. F-15 is without doubt the worlds premier 'previous generation' fighter aircraft. Although I have always preferred the sleek lines of the Falcon myself. Typhoon v Raptor would be real interesting. BVR - would put money on the Raptor. (at least getting first shot in) VR - hard t...
by Weescotty
17 Aug 2006, 22:14
Topic: F-15 vs F-5
Replies: 33
Views: 1544

Little known story about 2 F-15s that bounced a Eurofighter Typhoon that was out on a 'training' flight. "IT might be over budget and years late but the Eurofighter Typhoon has shown that it can shake off America's best fighter plane and shoot it down. A chance encounter over the Lake District ...