Search found 181 matches

by pslinger
23 Apr 2017, 02:29
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Initial Release
Replies: 77
Views: 7077

Re: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Initial Release

Martin, this is an outstanding utility. I needed to re-install the Windows operating system and have slowly been rebuilding FS9 AI traffic. Your utility has pointed out numerous install problems and save a lot of headaches. Thanks for you hard work and providing the Aircraft Editor to the community,...
by pslinger
02 Apr 2017, 03:05
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Reinstall FS9 and FSX
Replies: 12
Views: 1261

Re: Reinstall FS9 and FSX

Thanks for all the information. So far have installed the "core" of both FS9 and FSX and installed the NoCD executable for FS9. The core of both programs are working properly, slowly adding aircraft back and again, so far so good.
by pslinger
02 Apr 2017, 02:17
Forum: JYAI
Topic: B-58 Hustler
Replies: 35
Views: 4525

Re: B-58 Hustler

Absolutely looking forward to this aircraft. The screen shots look incredible. Thanks for all the hard work.
by pslinger
30 Mar 2017, 00:01

Re: Reinstall FS9 and FSX

The operating system Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1
by pslinger
29 Mar 2017, 10:26

Reinstall FS9 and FSX

I recently had a hard drive problem that now requires a complete re-install of FS9 and FSX. There were a lot of MAIW projects installed along with a lot of custom add-on scenery. FS9 had Just Flight installed for commercial aviation, although I am considering switching to World of AI to keep things ...
by pslinger
13 Oct 2016, 00:38
Forum: General Projects
Topic: JASDF Bases
Replies: 930
Views: 75254

Re: JASDF Bases

Great package both the P-1 and Atsugi, thanks to all involved. I have one question and hope you can point me in the right direction. While at Atsugi there was no ground communication with AI aircraft taxiing. When I selected ground, the radio was tuned to 126.200, no voice traffic with AI aircraft. ...
by pslinger
25 Sep 2016, 01:28
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Edit Voicepak
Replies: 26
Views: 3177

Re: Edit Voicepak

Steve, Did some additional troubleshooting and learned some interesting things. When the UAC is set to the lowest setting, turned off, the custom and standard callsigns work, however addon scenery disappear. When I turn off the UAC and I start FS9 it starts generating scenery indexes and goes throug...
by pslinger
22 Sep 2016, 23:59

Steve,
Once again thanks for the help and direction. I'll test your suggestions over the weekend, not enough time in the day at the moment. I'll let you know what I learn

Paul
by pslinger
19 Sep 2016, 22:33

Thanks for all your insights and help, very much appreciated. I tried another experiment last evening. I normally initiate FS9 from a desktop shortcut. I didn't do anything special with the desktop shortcut compatibility; no check marks by "run this program in compatibility mode" or "...
by pslinger
18 Sep 2016, 17:26

Wow, a third of your scenery disappeared with your UAC off? I have never heard of anything being worse with security off. I have always set my security to off. Is all your scenery in the same place, drive/folder? If you think that EVP doesn't know where FS9 is then try the following. 1. Copy the cu...
by pslinger
16 Sep 2016, 02:09

When the scenery disappeared it got my attention. All of my scenery is in the FS9 Addon Scenery. The scenery packages are individual sub-folders under the Addon Scenery folder, while scenery that just adds AFCADs and BGL file are in the Addon Scenery > Scenery subfolder. When I reset the UAC slider ...
by pslinger
15 Sep 2016, 00:24

I did a random sampling of aircraft.cfg files and the atc_airline=callsign, so things appear good there. I checked the UAC settings and they were set to default. Reset them to Never Notify then restarted the computer. What happened next was interesting, about one-third of my add-on scenery disappear...
by pslinger
14 Sep 2016, 02:31

I did some more digging on this one. The custom callsigns are not being used by the AI aircraft. The AI aircraft will use callsigns but they are not located in the EditVoicepack Custom Modifications, they apparently reside somewhere else. As an example Tester and Navy are not in the custom list but ...
by pslinger
13 Sep 2016, 23:46

I have encountered a similar problem, however my problem is that some callsigns will work and some won't. As an example the recent Norfolk package callsigns for some reason don't work, yet the Patuxent callsigns do work. I can hear Tester then the flight number. With Norfolk, I get just the flight n...
by pslinger
27 Jul 2016, 02:46
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Second B-29 Takes Flight
Replies: 0
Views: 373

Second B-29 Takes Flight

On July 17th a second restored B-29, Doc, took flight from McConnell AFB. The restoration took almost 18 years and the results are well worth the wait. The following link should take you to the restoration website: http://www.b-29doc.com/ From what I have heard the Experimental Aircraft Association ...
by pslinger
24 Apr 2016, 04:20
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: C-141s?
Replies: 6
Views: 589

Re: C-141s?

There is a file in the Avsim library; wrightpatterson_usaf-445aw_v10.zip It is for the C-141C 445th Airlift Wing at Wright Patterson AFB. I also have twenty-two different textures for the C-141B from a variety of sources, just can't recall where I found them. A mixture of camoflage, white, light and...
by pslinger
08 Apr 2016, 01:58
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained
Replies: 19
Views: 8136

Re: Aircraft lights Entries in the .CFG file: Explained

The article explaining how aircraft lights work is excellent and timely. I have been experimenting with Shockwave lights. The one thing I did notice in FSX is when I'm in the virtual cockpit and have either the taxi or landing lights on, some aircraft the lights will illuminate the taxiway or runway...
by pslinger
29 Mar 2016, 01:47
Topic: Upgrading from Windows 7 to Window 10 and the impact to FS9
Replies: 25
Views: 1942

Re: Upgrading from Windows 7 to Window 10 and the impact to FS9

The GWX Control Panel appears to do what it is designed to do, however it doesn't appear to be set and forget software. I would keep an eye on the settings in the control panel. I would check them on a regular basis to make sure nothing has changed. It appears that something is reaching out and chan...
by pslinger
15 Sep 2015, 02:05
Topic: Windows 7 Update and FS2004
Views: 2358

Re: Windows 7 Update and FS2004

Jon, thanks for the link. There is a lot of material there and I want to take the time to read it in detail. Checked out a number of links and skimmed over the material. Also reluctant to roll back the update. Hoping Microsoft will issue another update that corrects the issue. If I come across anyth...
by pslinger
13 Sep 2015, 21:17
Topic: Windows 7 Update and FS2004
Views: 2358

Windows 7 Update and FS2004

I am hoping someone can provide some guidance and direction. Microsoft Windows 7 recently completed an update and since the update I have been unable to start FS2004. When I double click on the desktop icon, I receive a message that says; "Please login with administrator privileges and try agai...