Search found 2280 matches

by Greg
28 Apr 2020, 14:13
Forum: MAIW Matrix Support
Topic: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?
Replies: 39
Views: 5584

Re: MAIW and Prepar3DV5 ?

Thanks Tuskin. That confirms my suspicion that I'll need to recompile all airports. Some more issues to add to the list: Aircraft canopies don't display correctly against trueSKY (either too bright or too dark). They display okay with enhanced atmo turned off Afterburner effects may display wrong co...
by Greg
27 Apr 2020, 11:39
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D
Replies: 189
Views: 26359

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

I had a chat with Ian about this yesterday. While testing the scenery in P3Dv5 I noticed the ground poly problem was still present. Unzip this bgl in the scenery folder of the P3Dv4 version. I have also applied it to Ian's upload in the hangar. I don't use the FSX version so can't help you with that...
by Greg
27 Apr 2020, 09:32
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Email issues with Yahoo and AOL accounts
Replies: 11
Views: 1951

Re: Email issues with Yahoo and AOL accounts

Oops, you're both right. There was an incorrect setting in the forum email configuration. :oops:

It should work again now. My apologies.

I have also resent the confirmation email to anyone who tried to register lately but never received anything from the forum. Again, my apologies.
by Greg
27 Apr 2020, 09:18
Forum: MAIW Non Package Releases
Topic: Wright-Patterson AFB (KFFO)
Replies: 38
Views: 11704

Re: Wright-Patterson AFB (KFFO)

Hey Brian! Good to hear from you again. I can't see your pic but it doesn't really matter since only Tony would be able to help you. Unfortunately, we still haven't heard from him and privacy rules prohibit me from divulging his registered email address. The only thing you can try is sending him a P...
by Greg
27 Apr 2020, 09:07
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Email issues with Yahoo and AOL accounts
Replies: 11
Views: 1951

Re: Email issues with Yahoo and AOL accounts

I haven't seen any forum emails bounce back for a while, so it must be something else. Check your email address in your profile. You can also see all your topic subscriptions in your user control panel. Click on your username in the top right corner of the forums for links to both pages. If that loo...
by Greg
26 Apr 2020, 15:02

Indeed Tim, I'm following Jon's progress on FSDeveloper. In most cases it will probably be a simple process: load the ADE project file, load stock objects, delete the new stock objects (this creates new excludes), perhaps add 8.33 frequencies (many of our AFD's have fake VHF frequencies because in r...
by Greg
26 Apr 2020, 13:40

I did some first testing of Matrix in V5. There's good news... and bad news. Which news do you want to hear first? :wink: Okay so let's start with the good news: AI traffic from V4 works for the most part in V5. The only issues I have found so far are with addon AI sounds that play too loud (such as...
by Greg
26 Apr 2020, 09:43
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 73200

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

Snoopy is now available in the hangar. Thanks John!
by Greg
23 Apr 2020, 17:58
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: P3D v5 Randolph Air Force base
Replies: 14
Views: 1062

Re: P3D v5 Randolph Air Force base

Now I also understand your previous statement that you had parkings full of AI at Randolph which wouldn't have been possible at all without modifying the KRND AFD from P3Dv5. :) Did you also add the imported scenery to your scenery library in P3Dv4? It isn't enough that you just put the folder in v4...
by Greg
22 Apr 2020, 18:05

I'm pretty sure that's the John Stinstrom Randolph scenery that I converted for Matrix...
by Greg
21 Apr 2020, 21:23
Topic: OCEANIA - RAAF C-27J
Replies: 2
Views: 613

Re: OCEANIA - RAAF C-27J

No worries :)

Thread locked.
by Greg
20 Apr 2020, 09:44

ADE for v5 is still in development. There's a dev release on the forum but it still has many bugs and some features, such as 8.33, aren't implemented yet.

Before making any updates to the default Randolph, I suggest waiting for the next production version of ADE.
by Greg
16 Apr 2020, 21:07

Well since this is the Matrix support forum, I'll assume that the news the OP is looking for is about Matrix compatibility with P3Dv5. ;) There is no news at the moment, other than that I'm looking into it. LM caught me as much by surprise as anyone else. Matrix wasn't written to support multiple pl...
by Greg
16 Apr 2020, 06:59
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: MAIW, Matrix and MSFS?
Views: 455

Re: MAIW, Matrix and MSFS?

Hi JLund, It's hard to tell at this moment, since none of us are involved in the development of MSFS. One of our scenery developers has access to the alpha but is under NDA. I have contacted the development team but it doesn't look like they are currently involving freeware devs in their third party...
by Greg
16 Apr 2020, 06:41
Topic: AIM KC-10
Replies: 1
Views: 321

Re: AIM KC-10

It's certainly interesting how AIG avoids the permission problem with their local conversion script. I have thought about how I could make that work in Matrix but it would require considerable code and workflow changes, since Matrix downloads entire packages from our own server with everything inclu...
by Greg
15 Apr 2020, 11:33
Topic: P3Dv5 is here.
Replies: 58
Views: 4346

Re: P3Dv5 is here.

Works fine here. The sky looks great out of the box but as with every release, the ground textures don't, so ORBX Global is still a must. Luckily most ORBX stuff is already compatible so I'm brining them over now. I can't say anything yet about AI compatibility. I don't expect too many issues but st...
by Greg
02 Apr 2020, 13:39
Forum: JYAI
Topic: E-2 Hawkeye and C-2 Greyhound
Replies: 149
Views: 16071

Re: E-2 Hawkeye and C-2 Greyhound

Sorry Jim, but not for a while. I'd love nothing more but I'm involved in too many other things right now.
by Greg
22 Mar 2020, 09:38
Topic: installing Matrix fails
Views: 710

Re: installing Matrix fails

Or perhaps easier, follow section 10 from the manual.

Uninstall all regions and the global libraries. Then go to the settings page and you can select a new installation folder. Now install again.
by Greg
20 Mar 2020, 22:56
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 39501

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

That was already explained in the first Feature Discovery Series video from the devs: The 2 petabytes are part of the source data and not what is streamed (or can be downloaded) to your machine. There will be several tiers of quality. The entire world is available in offline mode, but in the lowest ...
by Greg
02 Mar 2020, 21:43
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW MGAI Short Tucano Conversion Support
Replies: 9
Views: 1021

Re: MAIW MGAI Short Tucano Conversion Support

No not on all of them and it was really up to the original modeler's choice to include the feature or not. It's not something that our team deliberately adds during a conversion. If the animation was there in the original model, then it is converted. Some will stay open all the time, some will open ...