Search found 126 matches

by garysted
22 Sep 2007, 19:30
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW
Replies: 208
Views: 16895

Hi, Don't flame me for this please as I love the Jag's as much as anybody else but I remember when released there was a mention somewhere of a later update when more Typhoon's were delivered to Coningsby. I was just curious as whenever this was still planned, or even just repaints. Fully understand ...
by garysted
05 Sep 2007, 20:20
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: UK Apaches centralise at Wattisham
Replies: 1
Views: 143

Hi, Here's a couple from the fence on monday evening. The crew of the AH on the fenceline are from one of the former Dishforth sqns that have recently transferred down here - they're with 4 Regiment now. Despite what the local media said, none of those helo's actually transferred down on the day of ...
by garysted
30 Jul 2007, 22:31
Topic: Do the typhoons have a problem with the undercarriage?
Replies: 11
Views: 607

Ok, that's interesting. I got upto Coningsby in early June, one friday and he took out 'QO-E' as a singleton (may have been it's first flight since delivery last year as it appears to have been a hangar queen for nearly a year), was seen to overshoot Lakenheath and then promptly burst two main gear ...
by garysted
30 Jul 2007, 20:43

Hi, I went upto Coningsby today to shoot the expected Italian's and suddenly remembered this topic so kept my eyes open after they overshot/rolled. In most cases the Typhoons did appear to keep the undercart down when working the visual circuit although at least a couple went back to the instrument ...
by garysted
24 Jul 2007, 16:46

Hi all, I've never heard that about the undercarriage before. I've been to Coningsby a number of times for photography in the last year and have not noticed them fail to retract the undercart during rollers and overshoots - although I might just have been unlucky and missed the times that they may h...
by garysted
06 Jun 2007, 21:19
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: RAF Coningsby 121 Expeditionary Air Wing package by MAIW
Replies: 208
Views: 16895

Hi, I've been lurking here for a while now but thought I better pitch in with a first post a say how impressed I am with this AI set I downloaded earlier. I have tried a couple of set ups for Coningsby before I added this to my own AFCAD earlier and this works by far the best. Please accept my admir...