Search found 126 matches

by garysted
24 Aug 2010, 18:50
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Unsure on saving a airfield in ADE9
Replies: 14
Views: 694

Re: Unsure on saving a airfield in ADE9

I just want to clarify something first: When you say the file gets smaller after you've compiled it, what are you comparing it to? Are you comparing to the size of the ADE project file - the file that you are working on in the ADE user interface, which has a .AD2 extension? Or are you comparing it ...
by garysted
24 Aug 2010, 18:29

I'm not trying to be smart here, but why don't you just make a new exclude in ADE9? Mark Hi, At the moment I don't know how to do that, it's not something I'm familiar with. That said, if there turns out to be no other option then I will have a go at working out how to. But, going back to my origin...
by garysted
24 Aug 2010, 18:01

Hi Dan, You're right, the AFCAD file in the Amberley scenery is called 'AF2_LOZ_YAMB'. I must admit I noticed it was the 'AF2' prefix rather than the 'AFX' I was expecting but the discussion on the Amberley thread here indicated it was made with AFX and could not be edited unless you had either AFX ...
by garysted
24 Aug 2010, 15:32

Unsure on saving a airfield in ADE9

Gents, I'm after some help if possible. I used to do simple editing of AFCAD's in the old AFCAD programme, and am trying to do the same in this new ADE9 programme. I'm not experienced at scenery, just editing existing AFCAD's to fit in with my own patterns. The editing is easy (only simple stuff lik...
by garysted
22 Aug 2010, 22:16
Topic: RAAF (YAMB) Amberely Air Base, Queensland, Australia
Replies: 102
Views: 5689

Re: RAAF (YAMB) Amberely Air Base, Queensland, Australia

Gents, First off, I just installed this scenery as my first Australian military field, and it looks excellent. Very impressive and it looks busy as well, with lots of ground support equipment. I noticed the Super Hornet repaints further back in the thread, are these on general release by any chance?...
by garysted
13 Jul 2010, 17:48
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: F-22's At Lakenheath
Replies: 2
Views: 220

Re: F-22's At Lakenheath

Hi,

I was one of the keen folk in the field at Lakenheath waiting for these to turn up in the lovely 'summer' weather yesterday evening, piccies linked below;

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24991

Gary
by garysted
14 May 2010, 15:13
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Djibouti
Replies: 5
Views: 469

Re: Djibouti

Thanks for the info Frank. Looks like I'll be writing in a couple of 2000D's then. The video's I've seen must be from the previous units as they show '12-K*' and '12-Y*' coding. I'm not aware of a Armée de L'Air repaint for the AI KC-135R, only one for the older, non CFM-56 configured aircraft which...
by garysted
13 May 2010, 16:40

Re: Djibouti

Looks good. The final MAIW Mirage 2000 package is expected to include scenery for BA 188 DJIBOUTI-Ambouli also, as well as the specific Mirage stationed there. http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview21.html Hi, Thanks for the kind words, I hadn't realised that it was going to be part of a future MAIW rele...
by garysted
12 May 2010, 21:29

Djibouti

Hi, Ever since I saw a good video some time ago I've always wanted to set this up in FS9. The Mirage 2000 AI release gave me the perfect opportunity. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/GCS0259.jpg http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/GCS0216.jpg http://i21.photobucket.com/alb...
by garysted
20 Apr 2010, 21:05
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Ramstein C-130J Repaints?
Views: 289

Re: Ramstein C-130J Repaints?

Thanks for the info, I'd missed that. Looks like it might be in the works sometime.

Gary
by garysted
19 Apr 2010, 20:48
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Ramstein C-130J Repaints?
Views: 289

Ramstein C-130J Repaints?

Gents, Not a request but just a query incase I've missed them somewhere, although I can't seem to find any on Avsim or Flightsim. Has any of the regulars here done any repaints of the AI C-130J for the 37th AS at Ramstein? I know somebody did the old C-130E's as I've had them set up for sometime but...
by garysted
11 Apr 2010, 21:33
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: French Mirage 2000's Part 1 package by MAIW
Replies: 42
Views: 5424

Re: French Mirages Part 1 package by MAIW

Think I've worked out how to edit them now Mike. I see what you mean when I imported a clean aircraft texture into DXTBmp and saw the blacked out parts in the top right corner. By finding a untouched texture and copying across the blank 'Alpha Channel' thingie I then saved that back into the origina...
by garysted
11 Apr 2010, 20:16

Thanks Mike, I'd just discovered that thread and was about to post up. I won't pretend to completely understand how that works but clearly it's a bit different to the normal different model folders. I've only used the DXTBmp program to do some basic paint work before but will have a play to try and ...
by garysted
11 Apr 2010, 19:51

Hi, Lovely piece of work with these and look forward to what follows. Just a minor query, but how do I alter the load configurations on these 2000's? I can only find one model in the aircraft file ('5'), yet I've seen multiple loads flying; clean, outboard AAM's only and tanks with AAM's are the thr...
by garysted
23 Jan 2010, 00:06
Topic: F-15's at Kadena and Naha.
Views: 279

F-15's at Kadena and Naha.

A few shots of some of the recent repaints that have been made available after I've made a few modifications and written some flightplans. http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/GCS0126.jpg http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/garysted/GCS0157.jpg I've put together some plans for the 18th...
by garysted
24 Dec 2009, 14:14
Topic: Nellis Air Force Base Package by MAIW: Part I
Replies: 94
Views: 7884

Re: Nellis Air Force Base Package by MAIW

Gents, Just for your reference in trouble shooting this, I have no CTD at dawn or dusk (or at any time) at KLSV after install. I do not have the easter egg installed yet. I have a freeware KLAS installed with no issues (mach-1 design group according to the read-me) and Ted Thompson's Groom Lake scen...
by garysted
19 Dec 2009, 21:25

Re: Nellis Air Force Base by MAIW

Hi Steve, That's interesting about the taxiing. I've never noticed a problem with aircraft failing to clear the landing runway and holding on the taxiway before though and wasn't aware there was a issue. The arrangement of normal and hold short nodes on my AFCAD is slightly different to the new MAIW...
by garysted
19 Dec 2009, 19:04

Re: Nellis Air Force Base by MAIW

Gents, Thanks very much for the Nellis scenery although I haven't installed it yet, but will do so. Reading the above about the runways made me wonder though - is it not possible to allocate departures and arrivals to separate runways via the AFCAD on this scenery? I don't know if that's how Nellis ...
by garysted
30 Nov 2009, 00:03
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Ørland and Bodø
Replies: 57
Views: 3342

Re: Ørland and Bodø

Hi there, That's all interesting stuff there that you've mentioned, I'm particularly interested that you seem to have a functional Norwegian Airports version of Bodo, because I gave up in frustration a long time ago in trying to get those sceneries to work for Bodo - although obviously I appreciate ...
by garysted
25 Nov 2009, 18:12
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Ørland and Bodø
Replies: 57
Views: 3342

Re: Ørland and Bodø

Hi Dave, That looks superb - many thanks for deciding to do Bodo. If the shelters do merge into the sea I'll have to get this Ultimate Terrain Europe as Bodo really is the one major Norwegian field outstanding for me. If anybody has any recommendations as too where to get it from I'd be interested t...